PUP macros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP macros

okay ive never been good at macros and i want to start to use them, i have the stormwaker frame, and i want to use macros so could anybody help me out and give me a few for instance activate and maybe some in the pet commands list

Re: PUP macros

Here's what I have

Activate:
    /ja "Activate" <me>

Maneuvers:
    /pet "Fire Maneuver" <me>
    /wait 1
    /ja "Boost" <me>
    ---Replace Fire w/ whatever element you want. The Boost is good since it makes it easier getting boost win without having to press a seperate macro every time. Obviously, you have to be level 10 and have MNK SJ to utilize it.

Repair:
    /ja "Repair" <me>

Deploy:
    /pet "Deploy" <t>

Retrieve:
    /pet "Retrieve" <me>

Weapon Skills:
    /ws "Combo" <t>
    {Combo} → <t>
    ---Replace Combo with the WS you want to use.

Since I usually subjob MNK I have these as well:

Boost:
    /ja "Boost" <me>

Dodge:
    /ja "Dodge" <me>

I also have a TP announce macro for skillchain uses, though it seems H2H don't do many skillchains early on.
    {Puppetmaster} TP: <tp> ★ <pet>'s TP: <pettp>
    Last edited by Susurrus; 07-30-2006, 05:02 PM.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

it didnt work im on pS2 does that make any difference?

Comment

YOu have to type them exactly verbatim it won't work if you do

/pet fire maneuver me

or /pet "fire manuver" <me

has to be exactly
        BRD75 BST55 WHM44 NIN37 RDM36 WAR35 BLM34
        MNK20 THF20 SMN17 DRG16 ... all others are <15, but >10.

Linkshell-Tob (www.templarsofbaldur.com)
        Rank-6.2 Windurst

Comment

Originally posted by Goldesper
          YOu have to type them exactly verbatim it won't work if you do

/pet fire maneuver me

or /pet "fire manuver" <me

has to be exactly
          does not work for me....

Comment

It's a job ability, not pet command. So you have to type it like this:

/ja "Fire Maneuver" <st>

I like to use <st> since it gives me a little time to wait incase of recharge or overload.
            Everyday is without surprises.... !?

Comment

No.....it is a /pet command, not a /ja.

Comment

I'm on ps2 also and that shouldn't make a difference. Maneuvers are pet commands. Did you try and use a Maneuver when your puppet wasn't out? It wouldn't work if ya did it that way . Make sure you have a pet out, else you can't use maneuvers. What other macros are you talking about? Repair and Deploy are both job abilities, as well as Activate. Deactivate is a pet command, so it would be /pet "Deactivate" <me>. Idk what else you might need, but just post it

Comment

I haven't used PUP for a while, but I stillhave my macros for it. And my macro is:
                  /ja "Fire Maneuver" <st>

So unless they changed things since the time I played PUP, that macro should work.
                  Everyday is without surprises.... !?

Comment

Well since I played PUP yesterday and it is a /pet, you are mistaken.

Comment

my macros say /ja "Fire Maneuver" <me>

i think both /pet and /ja work maybe you spelled maneuver wrong make sure it says:

Maneuver
                      NOT Manuever

Comment

A good macro to have is a status macro just like BST uses:

/echo PetHP:<pethpp> PetTP:<pettp>
                        /recast Activate

And when you get to using Repair (I haven't yet) you can add that in too:

/recast Repair

You can also get the recast time for maneuvers by using /recast on any of the maneuvers, like this:

/recast "Ice Maneuver"

...but ten seconds is short enough that it's not really worth the extra spam in a status macro.

I'm keeping the Repair and Maneuver lines in my macro, but commented out by starting them with // instead of /

The bad news is that even 3 years later, I don't think there are any <> substitutions for Pet MP or the Overload level, which sucks. This is a major oversight on SE's part.
                        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

aight here goes.... this is how i run mine, and if you take pup to 75 you'll probably wanna run yours aswell

/pet, or /ja dosen't matter, which ever it is, is what you use, test it.

Macro lines 1-8:
                          /equip neck "Buffon's Collar <me>
                          /equip hands "Puppetry dastanas hands thingies" <me>
                          /ja "Wind Manuever" <me>
                          /wait 1
                          /equip hands "what ever your using because it better not be fucking pup AF hands" <me>
                          /equip neck "what ever your using because god help me if I see you fighting in Buffon's collar" <me>

-quotes are a must
                          -spelling to include capitalization is a must
                          -that wait i've found is a must as the macro has a tendancy to not complete without it, leaving you in your maneuver gear. and gimping your Damage output.

Those are all on the ALT macro line, but CNTRL works just as well.

Repair:
                          /equip ammo "Automaton oil corresponding to your level" <me>
                          /equip feet "puppetry boubouches" <me>
                          /ja "Repair" <me> or <pet> i can't remember
                          /wait 1
                          /equip feet "what ever Damage gear you wear, cause full timing any pup AF piece except for Body, and occasionally Legs is fail..." <me>

I also do this little trick with my De-activate macro

/echo PET HP PET HP PET HP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <pethpp>
                          /ja "Deactivate" <stpc> That's the trick, it will fire off the echo, letting you know if your pet is 100% or not and place the excute cursor over your self, so you can escape out if your pup's at say 99% and you need to do a quick re-activate.

nice thing is these macro's work from level 1 onward, they just really come into useful ness when you get your AF gear, and start "officially" swapping gear to improve your performance.

As far as being "Ubber" if you have a black thallum, and you happen to love pup, like full usukane, destroy fools, love it, I've been informed from some folks on Alla that you can swap in ammo without loosing TP, or remove Ammo without losing TP or something, and basically you could set it up, so that you fulltime the Black Thallum, and then swap in your Animator for maneuvers. I'm still or vice versa. I'll get back to the usefullness of this afterwhile

Comment

Working...
                          X