What's the deal with Stormwaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with Stormwaker?

Ok the title sounds like I am attacking the frame, but I'm not. I just want to know a little more about it, that's all. I would like to know some information about the Stormwaker first hand, because I am debating if that's the frame I should get... Ok this is what I want to know:

1-How does Stormwaker fair in battle (meaning does it die a lot and how good does it contribute)?
    2-How long does it take for Stormwaker to cast spells with and without Mana Booster? (I've heard its quite a long time, but I would like an estimate)
    3-How long does it take to raise the magic skill?
    4-How is it's physical damage?
    5A-If it takes a while to cast spells, then doesn't that risk a high chance of you/it being killed while soloing?
    5B- If this is true, then wouldn't it be useless in a party?
    And finally...
    6- Can it heal party members?

If someone can answer me those questions, it would be a great help! Thanks!!!

Re: What's the deal with Stormwaker?

Havn't ever seen it melee, as the head makes it stand back from the monster.
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn2889
      Ok the title sounds like I am attacking the frame, but I'm not. I just want to know a little more about it, that's all. I would like to know some information about the Stormwaker first hand, because I am debating if that's the frame I should get... Ok this is what I want to know:

1-How does Stormwaker fair in battle (meaning does it die a lot and how good does it contribute)?
      It tends to enfeeble for the first half of the fight, and nuke for the second half. For the second half it only casts it's highest level spell, regardless of enemy weakness. Meleewise, its difficult to get it to melee if you keep the mage headpiece on (headpiece determines positioning). You can call it next to you by disengaging it, then engage again if you really want to keep mage headgear on, or you can just switch out to the default headpiece for it to melee every time. Damagewise, it's pretty weak. It also only knows Slapstick as a weapon skill.
      2-How long does it take for Stormwaker to cast spells with and without Mana Booster? (I've heard its quite a long time, but I would like an estimate)
      Not sure.
      It caps pretty quick. Make sure after your puppet levels that you use Deactivate, then activate it again to get it's level up also.
      Pretty weak. With a Bolt gun the additional effect helps a bit, but don't expect it as a huge DD.
      5A-If it takes a while to cast spells, then doesn't that risk a high chance of you/it being killed while soloing?
      Yes.
      I've found that the enfeebles can be somewhat nice, and the nukes are okay also. You're still a DD, just not the best really. Just my opinion, but it seems to me SE needs to help out pup a little bit, but they still do okay as is.
      Not that I've seen.

Comment

Alright thanks, I think I am going to give it a try, as well as the other 2 frames. Speaking of, how would you compare Stormwaker to the other 2?
        Last edited by Daryn2889; 06-14-2006, 04:03 AM.

Comment

ADD stormwaker hax

Comment

And finally...

1. He fares well in battle aslong as you have all you ice attachments on and use the ice manuever fairly often. You want it to have all magic related parts on and his magic lvled up.
            He tends to cast his strongest nuke but if you use analyzer on him, i think thats what its called, the one that seeks weakness, he will cast more enfeebles, take that off for him to nuke a little more. There is a light attachment that makes him heal more.

2. If you have the maic parts on him and use the related manuevers (ice, water, light, dark) it will cast often.

3. It took me a matter of hours to catch up to near capped skill of a lvl 23 pup by using worms. You can go to a worm and sick you pupp on it, it will run up and cast a spell, then call it back so it is out of damage range, use lots of oils when needed. Do it over and over and itll lvl very fast. after getting its magic to about lvl 20 you can lvl off worms in the maze, then after awhile the IT worms in Qufim.

4. It has very little hp compared to the melee bots

5. It wont take awhile for it to cast, It will cast cure on you when you are low on hp. I dont know about soloing hi lvls at all. at lower lvl valor edge owns, I heard that stormwaker owns in higher lvls. Heard but I dont know. Well I guess I read it.

b. Its not useless in parties at all, its damage added with your own is comparable to any other melee.

6. no

The only robot frame I think that can save your party from dire situations is the Valor edge. I saved many tanks from death by turning on the strobe. When my timer is up I would often let the team know that I was about the tank the bot to death by strobe spamming then just pull out another to save a little mp thus giving a small boost to the party and retaining valor edge.

Storm waker is very cool imo.

I don't know anything about the ranger bot, i stopped at lvl 23. I cant wait to get back around to that job, its alot of fun. My only complaint is the space hogging of robot parts as I tend to carry all of them except the ones that are for ranger that valor doesn not need to have equiped.
            sigpic

Comment

except... the cure should be able to be casted on all party members... even though with the magic spamming right now... maybe not yet ><

Comment

Working...
              X