This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Puppetmaster Discoveries

Hello everyone, i'm new here..I'm a regular on alla, but i'll probably spend less and less time on there now. Anyway, i've discovered some really nice things on Puppetmaster. They may get nerfed eventually further down the road, but for now we can use this to our advantage to get a huge damage increase.

*1st Discovery: As long as puppet has 100%HP, you can deactivate it, having the activate timer reset to 0 instead of whatever the current countdown was.

*2ed Discovery: If you deactivate it while it doesn't have full MP, but has full HP, the activate timer resets to 0. And if you reactivate it, it's MP is full. So you can have unlimited MP using this method.

*3rd Discovery: Equipping the harlquin body, with the valoredge head and the damage gauge, your puppet will toss a cure on you if you're below 50% health in his spell cycle.

-------All tests below done with mage puppet--------

*4th Discovery: If you're engaged with an enemy, you can make it use spells over and over again rapidly if you deactivate/activate it. For example, if you start the battle deploying it, it'll cast a spell. If you deactivate it and reactivate it immediatly, instead of having that "delay" between the spell casting, it'll cast the second you hit deploy.

5th Discovery: You can make it spam cures on you endlessly by acitvate/deactivate/deploying because it has full MP after you reactivate it, and it'll always toss a cure on you if you're HP is below 50% the second you hit deploy if you freshly activated him. I soloed a VT beetle doing this. (Harlequin Body with Valoredge head, with damage gauge)

6th Discovery: Using Light Maneuver/Dark Maneuver (in some areas, it doesn't work in kuftal for some reason..) gets it to start using it's strongest nuke, and it'll repeat to use it's strongest nuke as long as dark manuever and light maneuver is up.

7th Discovery: You can spam activate/deactivate/deploy to refill it's MP and it'll immediatly start casting it's strongest nuke instead of having that 10-15 sec delay. However you can't get it to spam it's strongest nuke before the mob hits 50% using the activate/deactivate/deploy method. As soon as the mob hits 50% you can spam Activate/deactivate/deploy and it'll ALWAYS use it's strongest nuke.

I hope people who didn't know this information can benefit from it~ And if they nerf it someday it'll be depressing :D

Re: My Puppetmaster Discoveries

Cool to see you here Zafire I learned a lot about pup from reading your posts on Alla ^^
    Valerian of Diabolos
    75DRK/75BRD/75MNK/55WAR/50BLM/49SAM/47PLD/ 45THF/39WHM/38NIN

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Yeah, I enjoyed them too. Nice finds, now I need to get me a mage puppet X_X

P.S. Your Third Puppet is aquired at level 30, right? I've heard 40.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Yeah. First upgrade at 10, second at 20, third at 30. No upgrades after that. Also, you don't -have- to upgrade at those levels - you just get the option to.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what sort of addional parts and such Puppetmaster gets in the updates.

I honestly beleive people's difficulty with its preformance so far is because everyone has leveled beyond the expected rate SE had staggered the updates to, and their leveling beyond the parts that have been releaced. (You try hitting a level 60 mob with a level 30 weapon)

Anyways, good to see you Zafire, I've been attaching to blue mage much the way you have to puppetmaster. ^^ Funny how we both came from similar backgrounds yet ended up with differnt new jobs.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Working...
          X