This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for attachments

I've purchased the attachments from NPC in Nasharaa but I've yet to find where the heads and frames come from. If anyone has any information on this please share.
    http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Re: Looking for attachments

From what i heard, go back to the Automaton workshop at lvl 10 to get new head and body options that change your automatons "job". Not 100% sure though
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

the other frames are acquired by quests. Talk the Gipetto type galaka guy at the automaton shop as a lv10 pup. You can choose either of 3 new frame sets. One increases melee damage, one sorta turns it into a RNG, and the other makes it like a RDM. Depending on which frame set you want, he'll tell you to bring a list of certain materials, which I hear can be quite pricey or take a long time to get. So far I have only seen normal automatons. This is all from what I've read so, not sure if it's 100%
      ------------------------------------------------
      Valen: 33SMN/16WHM | 50DRG/29WAR (Mule-ified)
      Wobwob: (REACTIVATED) Rank 6
      BST AF: 6/6
      RDM AF: 6/6
      "There will be bigotry and there will be open minds..."

Comment

this might mean that there might be some kind of Automaton AF in the near future.

Final Fantasy XI: Midgardsormr
        Avihai: 32BST | 41MNK | 39BLM | 41WHM | 24WAR | 6NIN | 6SAM
        Windy Rank5
        MULES SOUND OFF!
        Panwaffles: Gardening mule/Windy
        Vanillaicecream: Armour mule/Sandy
        Scones: Crystal Mule/Bastok
        Sounds YUMMY!

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo
          From what i heard, go back to the Automaton workshop at lvl 10 to get new head and body options that change your automatons "job". Not 100% sure though
          I can confirm this, have seen one upgraded and I'm farming my items this morning.
          http://kofman2155.blogspot.com/

Comment

The three(3) upgrade heads and frames for your automaton are:
            Valoredge :: Melee (apparently no MP)
            Stormwaker :: Mage (similar to RDM)
            Sharpshot :: Ranger

At level 10, you can talk to Ghatsan (the Galka in the automaton shop) to have the opportunity to upgrade your automaton to one of the three. Once you choose one, you must procure the appropriate items to turn over to him.

I believe you can upgrade every 10 levels, yielding all three upgraded head/frames at level 30.

You can interchange the heads and frames and a popular combo is the Valoredge Head with the Harlequin Frame which yields a good, overall "tank".

-t
            Quality over Quantity.

Comment

http://www.koolaid-ffxi.org/linkshel...e/Puppetmaster

That should help people out. But, there are other threads with this info too.

Title: Sergeant Major
              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

NASHMAU MAN! NASHMAU!

lol, when i was looking for attachments, i read your first thread and you said "nashira", i spent HOURS looking for that place, and then i thought it was an NPC.. and eventually i just had to ask a PUP ingame..

Anyway, offtopic, proceed!
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I was lucky and a friend of mine in the game managed to get both of us a cocoon from the guild. Hopefully, eventually, the gil campers (those camping the guild to sell the 700 cocoon for 100k + will lose interest and move on. If not, I'll be happy with my first upgrade.

I have discovered you can use the reg head and melee body. This will give your pup some mp so it can stoneskin itself. Hope this helps some.
                  Posting from Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree
                    NASHMAU MAN! NASHMAU!

lol, when i was looking for attachments, i read your first thread and you said "nashira", i spent HOURS looking for that place, and then i thought it was an NPC.. and eventually i just had to ask a PUP ingame..

Anyway, offtopic, proceed!

It took me an hour of searching Al Zabhi till i finally realized that in order to get to Nashmau, i had to hop on the northern ferry!

Comment

Originally posted by Wenchy
                      This will give your pup some mp so it can stoneskin itself. Hope this helps some.
                      Automatons do not need mp to use stoneskin. They don't need mp to use Flash either.

Comment

Working...
                      X