This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puppet Master basically the new BST?

THey seem to be the cross btn BST and SMN, whereas smn you don't really keep your pet out (carb gets boring pretty fast), and BST isn't that fun with limited pets endgame.
    Need Yin Yang Rob!

Re: Puppet Master basically the new BST?

Yeah lil bit like bst/smn but 10x more fun
    Only got to play with Puppet master for a lil while *work*
    But what i did get to play of it i really did enjoy but gotta wait til valkrum dunes and see how it goes in a pty *Fingers crossed*

Comment

I'm only PUP/21, but to me, at low levels, it did feel a lot like BST. The higher level I've gotten though, I've noticed the Auto doesn't take a beating quite as well.

This is where it's starting to differ from BST. Once your Auto is dead, you mat have 1 resummon at most. I'm still undecided on how I like it in parties. Btw, I'm currently using the Valoredge model.

Comment

I'm only lv 11 PUP, and i've noticed that my auto is losing its awesomeness rather quickly. I'm praying that SE starts implementing some higher level attachments, like more defensive abilities.

Comment

Fenrir tanks better and can be kept out virtually free. Sneak attack + Spirit Taker = 200+ mp. MP always seems to be the grand problem, but for some odd reason, in the ToAU area's it seems like Even Match Mobs are easier there than on Vana'diel continent. I find that quite odd.
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

In the early levels, PUP is rather powerful, probably due to Stoneskin. As your level increases, and Stoneskin doesn't absorb as much damage, you can't solo as easily. However, I find that by ganging up on monsters with my puppet, I can take down some fairly fearsome things.

Comment

I have only gotten pup to 10 but it has been a fun ride for me. At early levels it seems better than bst as i was able to sic the puppet on a EP and then kill a EP or DC myself. The exp gain was very good and very fast.

I doubt this will work at higher levels because it requires me to leave my puppet to fight by itself and at higher levels maneuvers become essential.

I think parties with are going to be nice because with the right attatchments the pup can sometimes serve as a 7th party member(closest to RDM it seems).

I like it better than snm because I can melee and my pup can cure, enfeeb etc. and i like it better than bst because you can improve your pup, make it the way you want it(to some extent) and join parties.
              Woodworking: 72
              Fishing: 16
              Smithing: 4

Redmage: 48
              Blackmage: 25
              Beastmaster
              : 20
              Puppetmaster
              : 10

"Everyone Sucks But Me!!"
              - Tom Brady

Comment

I think of Puppetmaster more like a Dragoon with a stronger pet and a weaker job. At low levels puppetmaster is very powerful and can solo DC-EMs with little to no rest in between fights. I'm currently level 22 Puppetmaster with the mage (got at level 20) and melee frames (got at level 10) and finding it harder and harder to duo Tough mobs with another Puppetmaster.

So to my conclusion is that puppetmaster is just another DD job for a party and a puppet that could debuff and nuke the monster (mage frame), range attack (range frame), or just an extra meleer (melee frame).

At higher levels both the puppet master and the puppet will have at best C+ grade skill in their main skills for damage. So this leaves puppetmaster with low damage and accuracy with access to mainly mage gear.

These are just my own thoughts and I could be wrong. I've got all of the attachments and the stoneskin for the puppet does not last long vs Tough or stronger monsters after level 15ish.
                Vizjerai - BRD75/BLU73/WHM52
                Illuminaire - Asura

Comment

Working...
                X