This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts?

I for one think that Puppeteer sounds awesome and is going to be the first new job I unlock. What is is that you think that the puppets could do? could they be equipt in the weapon slot? (its mentioned in another post, even though it was made over a year ago on alla appearantly.)

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Re: Thoughts?

it definitely makes me think about DQ8's pupetteers. They are monsters that look like black inja with 2 pupets, one in each of his hands. If you play DQ8 you know which one im talking about ^^ It's one of my favourite new monsters they added. It's abilities are hilarious, it uses the 2 pupets to perform various shows that can add attack power (for our party, kinda funny) or perform a funny story to make us laugh and unable to do anything a few turns.

Maybe the laughing can be a new form of crowd control xD
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

lol wow i never thought of them being used to chant, so maybe a sort of brd/bst hybrid

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

Im wondering if the puppet will be more of a magic based puppet like those Lulu used in FFX or will it be weapon based like Kankuro in Naruto?

From how it looked it seemed to be resembling that of a magic user. Hmmm.

Do you think theres only one puppet or do you get upgraded ones later? I would think the puppet is something you "summon" not something you buy. Like a JA or something. Maybe its the strings you buy. Like each new "string" increases response time of the puppet or something along those lines.

I can see "Burning Strings" where the strings light up as fire and actually set the puppet on fire therefore giving off additional effect of fire.

I dont know im just guessing here =P

Comment

I dont think its the strings that would happen but the parts, as was speculated earlier. Also because of this Alchemy/WW could become even more profitable synths. . . (like they werent enough already. <.<)

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Sounds kind of comical to me, I imagine they will do well with it, but I had hopes for other jobs.

At least they are talking about significant redevelopement of other jobs and systems.
            Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

All except DRG. They are leaving DRG as it is.

Comment

I watched the BLU+PUP fight video, and while I saw the BLU do some cool stuff, I really didn't notice anything from the PUP. Just seemed like a MNK w/out job abilities that had a pet (that looks like it ended up dieing).
                Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                  I watched the BLU+PUP fight video, and while I saw the BLU do some cool stuff, I really didn't notice anything from the PUP. Just seemed like a MNK w/out job abilities that had a pet (that looks like it ended up dieing).
                  I think they're just holding out on us. I doubt they'll release anything more than a small description page on the ToAU site til april 18th. Maybe a pic of a few other Puppet types since they've already said there will be more than one type.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                  SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                  X