Knight's of the Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight's of the Round?

Well, I'm toying with the idea of obtaining a Corbenic Sword which would give me access to KoTR every 13 WS. Question is, is this a decent WS that is worth it?

I've never seen it used, so I don't know how it compares to Vorpal Blade or Savage Blade or Expiacion, which are my most used WS.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Knight's of the Round?

Does anybody on this board even have Excalibur?

Knights of Round - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

According to the wiki, it's just a single-hit attack with a flat fTP modifier of 3. So, yes, it seems to be pretty good, and I suppose it'd be a neat trick to pull a Double-Light chain out of your butt at events where someone else in your party is doing some sort of solo-Light trick. Other than that, though, it seems situational just by the very nature of the whole 13 WS requirement.

Corbenic Sword's high DPS makes it a bit better than simply a gimmick, though, so I'd probably use it if I didn't have/didn't feel like working on something better.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Or you could not waste your time and go for the Empyrean or WoE weapon instead?
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yeah, the WS itself sounds good on paper, and I don't know but I believe my Blu spells can SC off of relic WS. One of the Whm in my LS got the club that is similar, do 13 WS for the relic WS and I think I SC'd off of it with a CA+spell.

And as you say, for now it is a decent sword. Once the level cap goes up a time or two however it might become obsolete, but we shall see.

And it's not really a waste, it's a decent sword from a NM I believe we're going to be doing anyway. And even though they currently look good, I need to see where the Empyrean or WoE weapons go as well as all of the other ToTM weapons before making a final decision, because some of those are a lot of work.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

yeah Vyuru, KotR is actually a pretty crappy WS. The sword on the other hand, with it's Base Damage being in the top 5 (i think) dmg swords you can get, will be very nice for jobs that can use it.

Being able to do the relic WS, isn't for practical purposes, so much as it is to "help" out fellow relic holders do their trials.

The dagger, the G-axe, the Axe, and arguably the gun/bow are probably your best bet for doing good damage, and actually making use of the specific relic weapon skill.

If the aftermath actually proc's when you do the relic WS..

Comment

Working...
          X