Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parrying...How/where would i can cap it at lvl 75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parrying...How/where would i can cap it at lvl 75?

well the tittle is kinda enough for my question but ill add a couple things also

PLD lvl 75 with current 200 parrying skill no caped obviuslly.

where i can find mobs to fight to cap it and how?

i've tryied with Gsword but not enough also i hv added some parry skill gear but still not enough...any sugestions?

Re: Parrying...How/where would i can cap it at lvl 75?

Parrying is a pain to level. Just let it happen naturally as you party. There's little point deliberately skilling it up, because the skillups are so rare that you could spend all day doing it and only get 0.5.

Comment

Don't have specific recommendations, but seeing how the chances of parrying skill up should be roughly proportional to the number of the hits from enemy, perhaps fast attacking critters should be preferred?

Mandragora, Chigoe, and Colibri are all fast attacking types, IIRC. Go /RDM for Phalanx and keep shield equipped for longevity.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Chigoe should get you to 225-235. The trick is to gather the whole zone of Chigoe and let them beat on you. Don't fight them, Just target one of the roaming mobs to keep all the Chiagoe alive. Since your a 75 Pld you should have great enough Def to not take very much damage.

Also it helps to have a Rdm friend to cure you and PHAL II you when it ends. From what I remember the Chigoe wont go after the Rdm. By the way I have seen a few Pld/Rdm last a long time fighting the group of Chigoe.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

sound good thanks ill try that will all my parry gear.

Comment

Most chigoes are too low level to help you at 200 skill. PLD cap is 225. Highest level chigoe I've found was level 73. I think its roughly 3 skill/level for PLD Parry lvl 60+, so these would cap around 219 skill. Also when working targets that are barely Tough vs your skill, skillups are small .1's and .2s mostly and so the skillup rate is slower than it is vs VT and IT and even incredibly IT vs skill level, where you can get .3's , .4's and .5's.

However..... The chigoe I'm referring too, is popped off a Marid when it uses TP. And still ranges like 70-73, so you're not necessarily going to get the highest level chigoe... not to mention the difficulty trying to pop the chigoe and deal with the Marid while solo. Those things are not too hard for me on RDM/BLU where I have 700-900 mp, refresh/convert, and -20-25% damage reduction. PLD/RDM may be very tough, but I don't think it'll do nearly as well vs a Marid & 1-4 chigoes.

Free-roaming chigoes in Caederva Mire are 62-68, too low to help your 200 skill much... Free-roaming chigoes in Aydeewa are 66-68, again, I doubt you can get much more than 3-4 levels from these before your skill is capped vs highest level ones. And those 3-4 levels will be slow, even if you have a healer and Phalanx, and can pile 7 of them on you at once.

Ideally you want level 70-85 targets that attack fast and don't hit too hard(or can hit hard if you have support).

I feel your pain. My Parry is 186. This is very close to capped for my RDM which did an outstanding job using chigoes and mandies to bring the skill up from 80 over the course of maybe 20 skillup hours vs huge masses of mobs at once. Now I solo farm Marids. Skillups come slowly, maybe 1 level/2 hours on a lucky day. My PLD is only 63, so I'm counting on leveling 63-75 to help get to Parry 210, my RDM's cap. (since getting the Parry uncapped for PLD around lvl 61, I've gained 2 Parry levels) These last 23 skill levels for RDM and 38 skill levels for PLD are going to come bit by bit the more I tank these jobs vs stuff that is Tough and higher. Also, I've found troll MNK NM in Besieged is fun to tank... perma-hundred fists gave me a few Parry skillups in the ~1.5 minutes my 63 PLD could survive between physical damage negation medicine, Invincible, and Sentinel.

Chigoes and Mandies are great when your skill is much lower, even 100+ lower than their cap. Phalanx/Stoneskin/Curing/refreshing mp are still a huge component to getting a high skillup rate by virtue of handling a lot of soft, fast-hitting mobs at once. /DNC can do pretty well too for jobs that don't have access to those spells/abilities. I got ~7/hour levels of Parry on RDM vs just 3 chigoes, ~12/hour of Shield, 2/hour of Guard on MNK/RDM. And there are locations where I could take on 7 as RDM, and survive without resting/killing them ever. They really are best to jump start a low skill.... they're capped out for that slow, last leg of 15-30 skill. Even the tougher Puks(black mandies, not ToAU dragonfly things), start hitting pretty hard such that you can only handle 1 and most jobs will need help.
            Last edited by arkaine23; 02-23-2008, 07:16 AM.
            Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
            75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
            AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
            Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Working...
            X