3 questions, just some rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 questions, just some rants

Why is it that alot of Japanese players set their pallys for attack and very little defense. I was in a party the other day with a japanese Pally where he was useing a Tier 2 Shield a sword called the shotel that had a shield ability -5 wthf is that. he had his earrings i think 2 beetle earring +1, 2 agility + 1 earrings. The only Vit bonus the guy had was his Helmet was vit+2, the agi bonus i could understand but why the shotel its not a pally sword. Oh and this guy was a lvl 49-50 my pally at lvl 39-40 i use the grudge sword and the jannet sheild and as far as i can tell those might be best for pallys till the AF1 gear.

I was invited to a party with my pal last night 39-40 in crawlers nest fighting nest bettles. ok no bigdeal ive been there before. the ldr was a war/nin and his freind a whm well thos are the 2 hardest things to get in a party a pld and a whm. So i invited my friend who was gonna us ehis mnk. We ended up getting a japanese thf/mnk and a pup that had an automation set for blm. im thinking this will be cool straight party well first off the whm friend of his had hardly any spells. I mean at 38 9 40 lvls the most prevealant spells for a whm are reraise erase and protecta 2 this whm didnt even have Protect 2 she had protectra no reraise and no erase. then she goes afk for 45 min. the thf asked PL do you need it im thinking um hell yeah. he brings in his 75 pld and pls us minus 1 person for an hour. then the originaly ldr says hes gota go. well one thing led to another my mnk friend had to go the jp thf left and took his pl with him and the whm i kicked her ass. so there was me the pup and another blm i got from jeuno. after 30 min of sitting in crawlers nest i finally got another party setup with a thf/mnk friend from my ls 2 jp war/nin and a jp whm. well me and my friend were fine with the setup but the blm was the only jp player who understood a little english. i asked the blm to communicate to one of the war nin to be first voke so my thf friend could SATA me and then tank it from there and we just skill chain from there on out. well the war/nin refused to be first vokes and they want to be main and sec tanks ok i go with it and these guys cant hold hate long enough to keep the whm from getting smoked. so what do i do every mob fight for the next hour im flashing and vokeing and spamming sentinal like im god and then the party just disbands like it started. i asked the blm what the problem was he said paladin not a good tank. thats funny cause everytime i was tanking i never once lost hate and the war/nin were vokeing and skill chaining like hell and te blm was getting magic bursts every skill chain. even my thf freind was sata onto the war and i never lost hate.

i mean wtf is a pld supposed to do when jp players wanna use war nin or nin war to tank and they cant hold hate for shit.

Re: 3 questions, just some rants

I have to tell you. I kind of lost interest halfway through that second "paragraph" of yours.

People do stupid things. There's your answer.

Comment

Btw, 2 != 3
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Is there a 3rd question?
        FFXIV Balmung Server
        Tenro Matashi
        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

I...don't think so. Unless it's coming in a future installment.

Comment

I love cliff hangers! Will the Party regroup? Will the lolwhm return a better player? Oh, the suspense!
            FFXIV Balmung Server
            Tenro Matashi
            PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

For the first question, I'd say people are assuming that what works at high level also works at low levels. See NIN tanking with no help at level 36 or lower. (I've seen NINs try to tank at level 11...)

The second question:
              There's not even a question mark in there. (There's not a question mark in the whole post, but I at least saw where there should have been one in the first part.)

Edit:
              Third question:
              Longcat is lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng(?)
              Generic Info!

Comment

yeah sorry i was just ranting mostly but the third question was the last sentence there mostly just a rant

Comment

nice wall o` text :D

but really, i dont think them being jp has anything to do with anything. lets not get it twisted!
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Simple answer. Get people that you can communicate with so the language barrier is not a problem...

Kinda remind me of the other time I was in a party in CN. mnk supposed to be the one that i'll slap SATA on but everytime I get into position he move away and I waste my SATA. Came to the point I was slapping SATA on a RDM. And he didn't mind. The reason I can't tell the mnk to stay put is cuz he does not know english.

Comment

Okay, I'll give serious answers to the other two questions:

2) That was probably an issue of the WAR/NINs (there were two of them, if I read that right...) believing that they'd be a more efficient tank than a PLD. They could bounce hate back and forth and use utsusemi to avoid damage, making it easier on the WHM.

As far as the WHM not having spells... Well, that happens. I personally didn't reraise at low levels unless I was in a really bad party, but it seemed like there was always another party right next to ours if we died. But protectra II not being bought is kind of bad. :/

3) If the WAR/NIN or NIN/WAR can't hold hate, then the best you can do as a melee or mage is wear -enmity where you can or get a THF. I don't know if you gave the WAR/NINs a chance or not. A well geared WAR or NIN can certainly push out a lot of damage and hold hate though.

It's also not really a race issue. There's smart NAs/JPs(Asians...)/EUs/SAs/AUS/AFs/Antarticans.... and there are dumb ones. Language barrier makes things hard sometimes, but they're not necessarly wrong. Except those Atlantians. Just because their city sunk into the ocean and they're mythical, they think they can just sit there and leech exp.
                      Generic Info!

Comment

those fuxing atlantians man... its always them...
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Tirrok i totally agree with its not really a race issue ive had some really great partys with jp na eu players its just the jp nin/war & war/nin just wasnt able to hold hate for long and it wasnt bouncing back and forth it would go to one then it would go to the whm or blm. then by luck they would get it back. thats why i got aggrivated and just took it back and held it. ive never seen a set of war/nin not be able to bouce hate back and forth efficiantly and not get a mage killed.

Comment

Working...
                          X