Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay finally (Maat story)

See attached files for details but:

Entered and buffed with Protect IV and Shell III and ate my Carbonara.

Reested to full mp and moved in towards Maat, when entereing the arena I used my Icarus Wing, my Persikos Au Lait and my first Yagudo Drink.

Engaged Maat got flashed, waited for Flash to wear then I ws'ed with Vorpal Blade for around 360~.

We engaged hits for a while and I swapped between hi-potions and cure III to keep my hp above 900 in case he would do an Asuran on me.

When I reached 100% TP I swapped to WS gear again and did another 360~ Vorpal Blade.

Repeated what I did between my first two WS's again and reached 100% TP and did my third Vorpal Blade.

then . . .

Maat just gave up, he didn't use 2hr never used Banish III and didn't do a single Asuran Fists. It feels good to have finally broken level 70 (and it were my first try at any Maat fight as well) but I feel somehow cheated out of the victory.

He didn't do anything I had buffed up and planned for him to do, my first Yagudo drink wore off right before the third and final Vorpal Blade even.

So well 1/1 on Maat my level limit is now 75 and I did Maat in 5 minutes and 42 seconds , someone were on my side today I must say.

Items brought

1 Carbonara
    1 Icarus Wing (used)
    1 Vile Elixir (unused)
    15 Hi-potions (used 8)
    1 Persikos Au Lait (used)
    3 Yagudo Drinks (used 1)
    Attached Files
    Keep in mind, sig might be outdated I just update it a few times per week.
    Signature with the usual levels and obtained stuff etc. . .

Re: Yay finally (Maat story)

Congrats! Watch out though, I'll be doing that cap soon, so your record won't stand for long. Heh, JK. . . Maybe.

"Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're Mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be", said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Welcome to Alice in FFXI =P

Comment

Well, if you feel "cheated," you can always get another test and try your luck again. lol See if he Asurian Fists your butt that time! ^^

Either way, Congrats! PLD Maat is another one of the more difficult Old Fart Fights.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
        Well, if you feel "cheated," you can always get another test and try your luck again. lol See if he Asurian Fists your butt that time! ^^

Either way, Congrats! PLD Maat is another one of the more difficult Old Fart Fights.
        Note that if you die after having beat him for G5 you'll lose EXP (Or so I've been told. Only know one person who'se even fought him after beating him before.)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X