This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLU/NIN = PLD/WAR useless

i was in crawlers nest yesterday and party'd with 2 blu one was a blu/nin and after he did his self buffs and got a protect he had more DEF then i did and my gear is up to date being lvl 40 ... how many shadows does a nin get at 20?

Re: BLU/NIN = PLD/WAR useless

And with no voke he might have trouble holding hate in a big DD pt. I know Plds and nins who had their share of trouble with pimped out war and mnk or spamming Blms, I don't see how they'll be able to hold hate long without a constant voke.
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero

And with no voke he might have trouble holding hate in a big DD pt. I know Plds and nins who had their share of trouble with pimped out war and mnk or spamming Blms, I don't see how they'll be able to hold hate long without a constant voke.
      Simply because BLU can get hate as easily as BLM =P

Comment

I just hate the fact that the only thing a PLD can do well is tank but ppl already perfer NIN in most case's and maybe BLU/NIN soon

Comment

As long as Utsusemi grants 3 shadows with a 100% guaranteed avoidance of physical hits each, it'll be exploited. Toss enough /NINs at anything and you don't have to worry about much as far as normal EXP'ing goes. Personally, I couldn't care less. I like my sword and shield. If anything, it may even limit the BLU's potential by tying them up to cumbersome Utsusemi casts and/or inability to /heal mid-battle.

Comment

I think it may have been SE's decision to give another tank option for EXP PTs, and I can see BLU doing ok given the right setup in most EXP situations. I still can't see them tanking HNMs at all though, especially if they require any sort of kiting at all.

Comment

DEF can get to a point where it's rendered useless. 300DEF is nice at level 45 and it's awesome since it stacks up to the yinyang with Protect. Thing is, Taco + Cocoon + DEF bonus (with WAR sub) makes it awesome. I think BLU/NIN is coo but I dunno if it's a viable tank without Voke when AM and Rampages starts becoming rampant and what not. Besides, it's cool to know there's a 3rd tank viable for PT's seeing there's nothing we're good at except tanking gods and wyrms and what not /shrug.

JP

brave; integritous; commanding
              New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
              75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
              ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

Originally posted by Nodachi
                I think it may have been SE's decision to give another tank option for EXP PTs, and I can see BLU doing ok given the right setup in most EXP situations. I still can't see them tanking HNMs at all though, especially if they require any sort of kiting at all.
                Battosi on Bismarck server has tanked Tiamat as BLU... he's 75BLU. Though, he did it as BLU/WAR supposedly.
                (Or at least that's what he told me today before maint)
                But then he's also the same guy who has the Kioku... so yeah.
                Last edited by TenchiHawkwing; 05-09-2006, 09:51 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I know that the DEF. that I get is far overpowering my BLU friend..almost no matter what he subs. But then again, i'm up to 57, with currently the best +DEF and +Vit gear I can get. And, with a Taco, and being that i'm a Galka....Wooah....be prepared....623 at level 57....With a VIT of 76+23....So...I don't know about BLU/NIN's taking over the job of a Paladin, or a true ninja. I just don't see it happening...They can stay on the DD side of the border, we'll stay over here...

Comment

One thing about BLU/NIN's are that they act like BLM/NIN. Spamming spells without fear of retaliation. The problem with spells is that if anyone else provokes, they will take the hate away as provoke is on the top of the list for enmity. I can see a lot of beneifits if someone played a melee job before playing BLU/NIN and merited a lot of points into Enmity+. That would defently increase their hold on the mob's focus.

I still see BLU's as being primary damage dealers, but they are far more versatile than that. Backup tank for ninja's anyone? Pull hate off BLM's? sure lemme use Blugdeon.
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Blu/Nin can certainly hold on to theirselves when they got hate. But for pure tanking capabilities I don't think they can beat PLD tho @@; I Pt with Blu/Nin on Sky at level 73, as awesome as the Blu was, he was takiing damage so fast even with all the defensive buffs.

This is my friend 60Blu by the way. Tested on weak mobs.

That's like equal to SATA dancing or guillotine.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I dont see why theres so much fuss over low-med level tanking. Blu/nin, mnk, war, can tank pretty decently at lv. 40. what are you fighting then? hellbats? helm beetles? they arent exactly the most dangerous mobs around. I wouldnt worry about the fact that blu/nin can tank w/ more defense than you.

At 75 pld is still the king of hate. nothing comes close with the amount of hate a pld can pile on at 75. Who knows what kind of /ja they have in store for pld with the job update. Be happy with your job else you'll never enjoy it.
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                          Be happy with your job else you'll never enjoy it.
                          I just wanted to put this up again so that everyone would have two chances to see it.

Comment

I'd be a -lot- more open to a BLU tanking if they could use more than a handful of shields. PLD tanking isn't all about high DEF and VIT, it's also about being able to solidly keep hate and migrating damage through parrying and shield blocking while doing it.

Shields rock. Don't forget that. >_>
                            Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                              PLD tanking isn't all about high DEF and VIT, it's also about being able to solidly keep hate and migrating damage through parrying and shield blocking while doing it.
                              I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say this. DEF is only one factor that contributes to being a tank. PLD tanking is about grabbing hate and not letting go (unless it's necessary for like 2nd SATA or something, and even then it's not really necessary most of the time to lose hate), not about how much DEF you have.

Comment

Working...
                              X