Absolute Virtue question (Ninja 2hr?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Virtue question (Ninja 2hr?)

So I've heard that AV can cycle through all the pre-ToAU jobs' 2-Hour abilities. Being that I am FAR from actually encountering the thing myself, I'm curious to see how it can complete a full cycle of 2-Hours (assuming the group manages to survive all of them), and then start them over again without running into a problem with killing itself via Mijin Gakure.

If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know; it was something that just peaked my curiosity during, ahem, research.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Re: Absolute Virtue question (Ninja 2hr?)

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
    So I've heard that AV can cycle through all the pre-ToAU jobs' 2-Hour abilities. Being that I am FAR from actually encountering the thing myself, I'm curious to see how it can complete a full cycle of 2-Hours (assuming the group manages to survive all of them), and then start them over again without running into a problem with killing itself via Mijin Gakure.

If anybody knows anything about this, please let me know; it was something that just peaked my curiosity during, ahem, research.
    Lots of mobs use Mijin Gakure without killing themselves, ex: Ark Angel Hume for Divine Might. Absolute Virtue has over 100,000 HP, so one Mijin Gakure probably won't kill him. :p
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I was under the impression that the Hume Ark Angel does die from its Mijin Gakure in Divine Might.

At any rate, there are a lot of ninja NMs that use Mijin Gakure without dying; actually the mobs that can use it that do actually die from it seem to be the exception rather than the rule.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I thought it was just his Wynav's that used Mijin?

Originally posted by Aksannyi
        "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

If only AV was so simple and easy as to kill himself with Mijin...but then I guess he wouldn't really be AV, or drop the stuff that he drops. D: He uses it as well if I remember correctly, and just like other mobs, he just doesn't die when he uses it.(cheaterz)

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

I keep missing AV pops on our server - they always happen when I am not online

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Monsters do not die when they use Mijin Gakure. They just drop to very low HP.

Absolute Virtue does not use Mijin Gakure, but his summoned Wynavs can and do.

Icemage

Comment

I'd love to get to see him sometime, I think it'd be really awesome just to see an LS just try to take him out, lol. A friend of mine was /telling me while he was trying to kill it, and he'd update me on his % every few minutes, lol.

/tell>> 6%!!!!!!!!
                5 minutes
                /tell>> 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                4 minutes, etc

I'd love to see him get killed, though it'd be quite cool. @_@

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by KoukiRyu View Post
                  I'd love to get to see him sometime, I think it'd be really awesome just to see an LS just try to take him out, lol. A friend of mine was /telling me while he was trying to kill it, and he'd update me on his % every few minutes, lol.

/tell>> 6%!!!!!!!!
                  5 minutes
                  /tell>> 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  4 minutes, etc

I'd love to see him get killed, though it'd be quite cool. @_@
                  The day I got sea, somebody popped Absolute Virtue. Me and 20 other people were just following the unclaimed beast. I, however, got a little curious....

I step far enough ahead him.

Vysey starts casting Burst II
                  Vysey casts Burst II
                  Absolute Virtue takes 50 points of damage.
                  Vysey takes 700 damage
                  Vysey takes 1000 points of damage.
                  Vysey was defeated by Absolute Virtue.

The first strike was when I had stoneskin on, so he penetrated it and took off just about all my life. That was quite an experience.
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    The day I got sea, somebody popped Absolute Virtue. Me and 20 other people were just following the unclaimed beast. I, however, got a little curious....
                    I step far enough ahead him.
                    Vysey starts casting Burst II
                    Vysey casts Burst II
                    Absolute Virtue takes 50 points of damage.
                    Vysey takes 700 damage
                    Vysey takes 1000 points of damage.
                    Vysey was defeated by Absolute Virtue.
                    The first strike was when I had stoneskin on, so he penetrated it and took off just about all my life. That was quite an experience.
                    You should have got a screenshot.
                    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I used to farm Giddeus around the spot where Juu Duzu the Whirlwind spawns. He doesn't drop anything terribly valuable, so it was fairly easy to nab him (everyone else is basically camping Hoo Mjoo anyway). Juu Duzu is a NIN, and he uses Mijin when he gets to low enough HP. But he simply disappears and reappears nearby, still alive and fighting. Quu Domi the Gallant in Castle Oztroja does something similar, I believe. I remember reading a thread where a player lost claim because Quu Domi reappeared at a spot too far away for him to stay engaged.

I don't know if AV does anything similar with warping around when it uses Mijin.
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Absolute Virtue does not use Mijin Gakure, however, his summoned Wyrmavs(4 I belive) do, and he can re-summon them and they can use it instantly again. This rarely happenes due to monster AI, but if someone was actually controlling AV this could end up being more deadly then his magic spells(since mob Mijin is AoE) just summon, mijin, summon, mijin, summon, mijin, etc.
                        Originally posted by Ellipses
                        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                        Originally posted by MCLV
                        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                        More Sig:

Comment

And That's how the Vana'Diel Taliban was born...

"Ha, How do you call in Sick for a Suicide Bombing?"

Comment

It depends on the mob. usually, with NIN NMs like Yagudo, they DO die, but then they respawn immediately near where they were. Some mobs I think don't do anyhing at all except damage, and like above I beleive some drop to low HP. But no, AV won't kill himself.

Comment

Working...
                            X