This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Goblin Rush Broken?

Something occurred to me the other day when I was eating goblin rushes off [Too Weak] mobs while messing around in Gustav. How is it that Goblin Rush takes 3 shadows off me every time it's used against me? Surely, as with Jet Stream and other multi hit combos there's a chance each individual component attack misses. I'm sure, if a VT weapon can hit me 1 out of 4 times with it's AoE specials then a level 30-40 goblin should have no damned chance whatsoever to triple hit me every time it uses Goblin Rush, especially considering it misses me with 90% of its normal melee attacks.

Re: Is Goblin Rush Broken?

Just sounds like a case of bad luck. My son is a ninja and he said that Goblin Rush seems to land more often now but thats just an observation.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

goblin rush seems to increase goblins accuracy and if the first hit lands the other 3 will connect

CoP=Complete RoZ=Complete ToAU=Mission 8
      Blade:Jin, a wicked badass 3-fold skill that totally outparses ridill WARs and Blackbelt monks and averages 700-1300.

Comment

it hits you 3 times so why is that not taken for granted?
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

When it says, "...a Goblin Bouncer uses Goblin Rush but misses you" and it still takes three shadows off despite missing, my bug alarm starts ringing loud and proud. And it's not a case of sometimes it takes three shadows, it always takes three shadows whether it misses or not. No other multi hit attack in the game has these properties.

Comment

Yeah, this is the case with all AOEs that strip multiple shadows, not just Goblin Rush. The bug has been in the game since they changed how Utsusemi works a year ago. :\

Also, TP attacks can't miss if you have Utsusemi up. There's a video somewhere of a THF/NIN soloing Aquarius, he used Perfect Dodge and everytime the NM uses that single-targeted attack (I can't recall the name off the top of my head) it still stripped a shadow even though it should have missed since Perfect Dodge was up.
            JohNNY

Comment

wow that sucks, what kills me is that if you have 2 shadows up and Goblin Rush goes off it still does like 300 damage.
              www.livejournal.com/users/ivadelll

Comment

two words

pld > nin
                In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                Yeah, It’s true.
                It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Yeah, this is the case with all AOEs that strip multiple shadows, not just Goblin Rush. The bug has been in the game since they changed how Utsusemi works a year ago. :\
                  Hmm...I might be misreading your post...please forgive me if I am...but...

Goblin Rush is not an AOE. It's a single-target multiple-hit WS.

And as for AOE attacks stripping all shadows in addition to affecting you...it's not a bug. As the name implies, AOE hits all enemies within a certain radius...it only makes sense that it hits all of your decoy shadows and you.
                  All Nations: Rank 10
                  Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                  Chains of Promathia: Complete
                  75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Let me rephrase that.

TP moves that strip mulitple shadows strip ALL shadows if they miss (Majority of those are AOEs which is why I said that, though there are a few that are single-targeted like Goblin Rush, that Manta move (Crossattack I think?), ect.).

For instance, Whirl of Rage. I can cast a fresh batch of shadows, it uses Whirl of Rage and says "The Decorative Weapon uses Whirl of Rage, but misses Nny" yet all my shadows are gone. This isn't a one-time thing, I've EXPed a shit load on Decos and this pretty often.
                    JohNNY

Comment

lol you guys forget the one main factor... they are the monsters of vana'deil. seriously. they can run an still cast on you. cast on you while they are out of your magics range. i seen low lvl ambushers land arrows on me while i missed them with capped throwing at 75. as a bst i seen my evan match mob miss the d/c mob. sad part was my pet was strong against the mob. the monster advantage is everywhere.

as for goblin rush, it wasnt to long ago they stripped only 1 shadow. when you think about it. this should only take 1 shadow. cause the mob is concentrated on a shadow thats not there. i know my blade jin doesnt strip mobs of all their shadows, an its a 3 hit weapon skill.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

It used to only strip one, but all mob physical TP attacks will take a shadow, your evasion is not checked on those unless your shadows are down.

3 stripped now... that sucks. Is the move actually strengthened now, is it more like a Jet Stream than the weak attack it was before?
                        Nusayb, Galka, Fairy Server- 63WAR,
                        70NIN, 37THF, 66MNK, 25DRG, 18RNG, 16SAM, etc. WAR AF Complete. NIN AF Complete. MNK AF Complete.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?48681

????, Hume Female, Fairy Server- 29BLM, 21WHM, 37THF, 32WAR, 31DRK, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ZQM
                          Let me rephrase that.

TP moves that strip mulitple shadows strip ALL shadows if they miss (Majority of those are AOEs which is why I said that, though there are a few that are single-targeted like Goblin Rush, that Manta move (Crossattack I think?), ect.).

For instance, Whirl of Rage. I can cast a fresh batch of shadows, it uses Whirl of Rage and says "The Decorative Weapon uses Whirl of Rage, but misses Nny" yet all my shadows are gone. This isn't a one-time thing, I've EXPed a shit load on Decos and this pretty often.
                          This isnt true. While Whirl of Rage has the potential to strip 3 shadows, it more often than not strips less than 3. If you believe that it takes all your shadows every time, then you have less than 3 shadows up when Whirl lands. If it takes all of your shadows it will give you the "Copy Image wears off" line, however if you have a fresh Ni cast you will always be left with at least one shadow and have the "3 Shadows absorb" line. While Goblin Rush IS broken in this manner, it does make sense that it finally takes 3 shadows to absorb the blow rather than the 1 it previous took.
                          75BRD, 75NIN, 75SMN, 67RDM, 56WHM
                          Rank 10 Windurst | Rank 10 Bastok | Rank 8 Sand'Oria
                          Zilart COMPLETE | Promathia COMPLETE
                          Smithing 78+1 Cooking 60 Fishing 21

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?3004
                          http://niwaar.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by little ninja
                            lol you guys forget the one main factor... they are the monsters of vana'deil. seriously. they can run an still cast on you. cast on you while they are out of your magics range. i seen low lvl ambushers land arrows on me while i missed them with capped throwing at 75. as a bst i seen my evan match mob miss the d/c mob. sad part was my pet was strong against the mob. the monster advantage is everywhere.
                            NO they can't. What you are seeing is the battle system lag issue. They have actually casted the spell, but the animation just hasn't reached you yet. If that were the case we would of all been zapped by ancient spells long ago.

And many times I have been able to make mages lose their spells running towards me in mid casting, what conditions determine between standing and finishing a spell or move to case is yet to be determined
                            Last edited by kuu; 09-15-2005, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Niwaar
                              If you believe that it takes all your shadows every time
                              I never said it takes all your shadows all the time. I said if it MISSES YOU, it takes all your shadows.
                              JohNNY

Comment

Working...
                              X