X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A monk's opinnion over giving Pup Asuran Fists

First of all, some things I feel compelled to reply to:

Originally posted by ValiantRedemption View Post
    However, other people said that hand-to-hand was the only weapon skill that only one job could use.
    Not true, Blade: Ku and Tachi: Kasha are also specific to NIN and SAM specifically.

Originally posted by tdh View Post
    I thought they required you to have an A in the Skill to get the Lv.225 WS.
    Although you saw on your own that this was incorrect, I'd like to point another instance where it is true:
    Spinning Slash - DRK and PLD get it, PLD has B, WAR has B+ and doesn't get it

Originally posted by SharMarali View Post
    Likewise, I think CORs should have gotten a new TYPE of gun (perhaps gunblades?) instead of using the guns that were already in existance.
    Hexaguns were already in existance? Although I think I know what you mean.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    I don't follow the logic saying Asuran Fists should MNK only.

Detonator used to be RNG-only and whether or not you wish to question the value of that WS, it no longer remains exclusive to RNG, but is available to COR as well now. Emperyal Arrow is still exlusive to to RNG, but SAM is also quite proficient with a bow, so I don't really understand why.

There are plenty of jobs that get access to those questable WS that never would full take advantage. The WARs that look beyond Rampage are few to start with, but they have a range of questable weaponskill and they're also for what would be considered the best weapon from another job. So where's the outcry that WAR can get so many of them?

They are the weapons master of the game but still, following the logic of this thread, Axes would be thier thing and only they should have the axe WS, which would be screwing over BST quite a bit.

PUP should be given some manner of questable WS. In fact, I think all three of the newer jobs are due an exclusive WS.
    A few things to point out here:
    1) SAM is C+ Archery, RNG is B Marksmanship. That's not exactly a comparison of equals, SAM never reaches the 250 skill required to perform the quest for Empyreal Arrow.
    2) I hardly see how WAR would be considered the master of Axes over BST, given that they have an equal A- rating with one handed axes and only BST gets the relic axe. SE likes to give us more options than the players often choose, not restrict things based on players' choices of optimization.
    3) You're against keeping Asuran Fists as MNK-only, but you believe that the AU Jobs each deserve their own new WS? I surely hope you mean that with every intention of taking some WS away from them now that they currently share with other jobs on an "exclusive level" (such as Detonator and COR as you mentioned earlier) (with the possible exception of PUP, see below).

Having said that, I agree that Asuran Fists should remain solely with MNKs. Nothing against PUPs, but I would prefer to see them quest for an improved frame of sorts or a new WS for each frame or just some mega-attachment, something along those lines.

I don't believe in gaining things simply for the sake of not having them. If PUP needs to quest a WS just to say they've done it, I say raise their Club from C- to C+ so they can quest Black Halo. Whether or not they use it, they would have a questable WS that way without changing much about the job at all.

I believe that SE did not intend for PUP to have the power of a B skill along with the versatility and power of the Automaton. Don't forget that SE already raised PUP HTH skill once and gave them access to Dragon Kick when they did so. I believe SE considered this choice carefully because they want the growth of the job to come mainly from the growth of the Automaton through attachments and the WHM and BLM heads they promised a while back.

On the flip side of the discussion, would be lowering the required skill level to obtain Asuran Fists. If it were lowered to a 230 (C+ = 230 at 75) or 240 (B- = 240 at 75) instead of 250, PUP could still obtain the WS without having the sudden increase of 25 skill points at 75 (max of 5 or 15 instead). This would limit the performance of a PUP using Asuran Fists as their accuracy may still suffer and result in missed hits and thus not gaining the full effect of the WS that MNK gains, resulting in MNK still having the appearance of "Masters of the Martial Arts."

Comment

sorry double again.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by garg View Post
        1) SAM is C+ Archery, RNG is B Marksmanship.
        RNG has A- in marks and archery.

but ya, keep a.fists with mnk. dont make pup into another typical melee. improve the automaton more and actually make a pup do some puppeteering.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I'm all for giving PUP a boost to their hand to hand skill rating, but leave Asuran Fists to the dedicated martial arts job.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yea you know asuran fist is awesome i love when im on monk, but i'd really rather have something else specific for my puppet to quest and earn. hopefuly one for H2H, and another for Dagger.
            "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

Working...
            X