A monk's opinnion over giving Pup Asuran Fists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A monk's opinnion over giving Pup Asuran Fists

They only get Martial Arts III at 75 so they probably would get TP faster over time using a Club to be fair. Their main focus is their pup doing dmg tho I would imagine so why would you go and give them Mnks best weaponskill?
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I'm not a Monk but ;o...
      I think PUPs should get Asuran Fists. Not just Asuran Fist, but B Hand to Hand Skill. This is the strongest reason why they are being completely ignored in higher level parties. I'll list my reasoning numbers.

1. This doesn't make them anywhere as powerful as MNKs. They do not get Kick Attacks and their Martial Art traits are far weaker. MNKs will remain much stronger than PUPs, so this isn't even a concern.

2. This will still keep the focus on the Automaton in the HNM situation. B skill is very weak and will simply not be worth the meleeing of the strongest HNMs.

3 In other situations PUP will remain the strongest. Managing the PUP to its full potential can be difficult if the PUP is focusing on doing melee damage. It would harder than a RDM doing the same thing and focusing on being a supportive caster.

4. I believe every job in the game should have a WS-Quest. Its one of the many rites of passages, like Subjob and Genkei.

There is that one problem that the weapon type for the quest is Knuckles, which is(with one exception) pretty much anti-PUP.
      Read my blog.
      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Asuran fists = Monk.
        Signature, ah!

Comment

i Myself am a pup and i am loving it. Its a great job, and i am always taking hate away from the tanks because with my high agl and my ranged auto i am doing 120+ lv 2 skill chain at lv 20. Now to be honest my H2h skill is capped and i am still missing alot. I have the most acc and evaision gear, food and also have battle gloves. But i still miss; why becuase of my C skill i should have B+ skill in h2h. And with asuran fist i say we should get it or get another final weapon skill. I say get a weapon skill that the auto joins in with you.

the problem is at lower lvs we do Sick dmg but once we get past lv 55 our dmg goes down, because we miss to much.

also the job combo i am using and i love is Pup/Nin i have s much dex and agi that most mobs miss me 2-5 times.

Also i say we should get nin/mnk kind of gear. The whole mage armor is not working for us.

Comment

I agree that they should have released a new class for the new jobs. Given, I haven't gotten high enough for Asuran, I still feel that should remain monk onry. Also, if they ever give pup higher than a C rating in club with possible hexa access, alot of automations are gonna get punted >_>;;; Anyways, if they were to make a new weapon class, I was thinking of something like a main hand throwing weapon type of class seeing how the automation is *supposed* to apart of their damage(read: automation = ignored dmg, player = lolpup), A new class of weapons might help their outlook. Also, better control of the tp to make some sc, even a auto + pup lvl 3 combo.
            As for armor.... why do they get Seer's set while rdm and blu don't?!? I'd expect them to get something like a thf or cor's selection of armor. Honestly, the image of pup needs to be remade >_>;;;;;
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I don't follow the logic saying Asuran Fists should MNK only.

Detonator used to be RNG-only and whether or not you wish to question the value of that WS, it no longer remains exclusive to RNG, but is available to COR as well now. Emperyal Arrow is still exlusive to to RNG, but SAM is also quite proficient with a bow, so I don't really understand why.

There are plenty of jobs that get access to those questable WS that never would full take advantage. The WARs that look beyond Rampage are few to start with, but they have a range of questable weaponskill and they're also for what would be considered the best weapon from another job. So where's the outcry that WAR can get so many of them?

They are the weapons master of the game but still, following the logic of this thread, Axes would be thier thing and only they should have the axe WS, which would be screwing over BST quite a bit.

PUP should be given some manner of questable WS. In fact, I think all three of the newer jobs are due an exclusive WS.

Comment

My opinion could maybe be wrong but here it is.
                A pup is a monk with a puppet that fights by her/his side.
                A monk is a stronger pup. (strong as in, if the pup would have no puppet but just his hand to hand skills)
                If you give asuran fists to a pup then they would probably become stronger than monks, since they would acquire the most powerful hand to hand weaponskill ever AND they will have their lvl 71 puppet by their sides. I think the fact that pup have no access to asuran fists is fair. If they want asuran fists, go and level monk. Ranger corsair is a different thing. Corsair is a refresher/support job. Ranger is a devastating damage dealer, not a refresher at all. But a pup lvl 75 with asuran fists and an automaton lvl 75 fighting with him would be stronger than a monk. I know, level doesn't mean anything, i have seen noobs at lvl 75 claiming they rock and blabla.
                You don't get asuran fists? Too bad, you get a puppet that can cast almost everything and can even tank sometimes. Be happy.
                Signature, ah!

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  Asuran Fists is totally out of flavor for PUP.
                  I would prefer to have Square-Enix give Puppetmasters A rank Club skill instead of trying to make them sort of jumped up pseudo-mage-DD. We don't have any jobs that use clubs in combat right now, and it would make a good fit for PUPs IMO.
                  Icemage
                  I, too, have always thought that this game needed a melee job that uses clubs regularly.

Forget H2H...it would've been neat for PUP to have an A+ in club skill. Give them Hexa Strike and access to a wide variety of powerful clubs.

Though, if SE had gone this route, they'd have probably toned down the automation, making it function not too terribly different than a DRG's wyvern.
                  All Nations: Rank 10
                  Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                  Chains of Promathia: Complete
                  75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka View Post
                    I, too, have always thought that this game needed a melee job that uses clubs regularly.
                    Forget H2H...it would've been neat for PUP to have an A+ in club skill. Give them Hexa Strike and access to a wide variety of powerful clubs.
                    Though, if SE had gone this route, they'd have probably toned down the automation, making it function not too terribly different than a DRG's wyvern.
                    >_>; Hexa whm onry!

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                      >_>; Hexa whm onry!
                      Heh heh heh.

I've always thought that Hexa Strike was far too good of a WS to be wasted in the hands of a mage. And this is coming from a WHM who 's his Hexa.
                      All Nations: Rank 10
                      Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                      Chains of Promathia: Complete
                      75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

Originally posted by UnnamedGalka View Post
                        Heh heh heh.

I've always thought that Hexa Strike was far too good of a WS to be wasted in the hands of a mage. And this is coming from a WHM who 's his Hexa.
                        I honestly believe a good geared whm can rank up some nice numbers with Hexa in a merit party. >_>; Though the good gear for this is severly lacking in variety and not that many options for DD hammers ;-;

Comment

I honestly believe a good geared whm can rank up some nice numbers with Hexa in a merit party. >_>; Though the good gear for this is severly lacking in variety and not that many options for DD hammers ;-;
                          uh, what? darksteel maul+1, seawolf cudgel, searobber cudgel, brass jadagna(+1), morgenstern, purgatory mace, perdu wand..

whitemage has an excellent selection of DD weapons. whitemage has access to lots of all jobs +accuracy gear (whitemage is a little lacking in +attack gear, but could probably find enough to scrape by) has the largest amount of haste available to -any- job (being capable of hitting the haste cap in gear *and* having haste spell natively) and has a respectable amount of +str available, between all jobs gear and a few select JSE/AF pieces. if whm had an A- weapon most would probably front line, same as blue mage.

why doesn't whitemage melee? why doesn't ninja sub whm and debuff and cure? (it's an inefficient use of a job that's capable of doing -so much more- in a different role).
                          Grant me wings so I may fly;
                          My restless soul is longing.
                          No Pain remains no Feeling~
                          Eternity Awaits.

Comment

True, but those are all the obivous stuff. But most of the items are 1) nm drops that can be harder to get or 2) way expensive. If they gave A- to whm for club and a naturally higher mp with cure skill mattering, whm could pull off dding and healing at the same time. Though would depend on the mob itself and the party setup.

Comment

When it comes to puppetmaster its good to recognize a few things. first pup is pet job. our DD is combined with our pets DD.This in my opinion is the reason the H2H skill is so low and why our attack speed is not as high as a monk. I am a monk 75, and also puppet 73. if my puppetmaster could attack as fast as my monk and had asuran fist as well the job would be insanely overpowered tbh. with war sub id be able to effectively have triple attack with my puppets mele. also some of the puppets attack are much stronger than a monks single attack (i.e. ranger frame, and black mage frames) so my pup/war with double attack asuran fists and puppet adding another attack per round for triple attack ad also doing BLM DD is called crazy pwng. we would rape everything in sight lol. Id settle for better attack stats on puppet even if they keep the WS the same, and dont adjust the attack speed.
                              "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

double post sorry
                                Last edited by haazim; 07-29-2007, 10:32 AM. Reason: double post
                                "To love is to live, and to let die. When chosen for eternity how shall I forsake it?"

Comment

Working...
                                X