wow...what was going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow...what was going on?

I just came from a exp PT consisting of 5 linkshell ppl. the members were a BRD,WHM, RDM, PLD, MNK, MNK(me). We were in quicksand caves. facing mainly beetles. pt lvl 44-46

Me and the other Mnk both had very good gear. O kotes, jujitsu gi. i had a Brown belt, and a few more attack items over her. She was using the lvl 40 mnk weap, the one that gives VIT+3, i was using mithral knuckles +! and both humes, only a 1 lvl diff

the thing is she was outdamging me 90% of the time. overall i had better STR and more ATK, was alternating between focus and berserk. she was really owning me. how? is that mnk weap she had piercing? i dont understand...

Re: wow...what was going on?

Give us a readout on the equip please.
    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

1 level dif can mean IT-VT which is alot of dmg.
      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
      Woodworking 91.9+2
      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

There are no piercing hand to hand weapons. Vampiric Claws are slashing, and that's the only non-blunt hand to hand weapon there is. (Katars are blunt too, despite being large blades strapped to your hands.)

One level can make a pretty good difference. So can food and merits. It could also be the higher base damage on tourney patas (as well as increased stats from being a level higher) could be helping her against the high defense beetles.

The major thing that would effect damage (assuming equal/near equal gear, level, and merits) would be food. If you were using sushi while the other MNK was using meat, that'd definitely do it. (Bard madrigaling and all.) If you were using a low capping meat and they were using a high capping one, that'd do it too.
        Generic Info!

Comment

my gear=
          hand= mithral knuckles +1
          throwing= fortune egg
          head= windustian headgear (str+1 dex+1)
          neck= spike necklace
          earrings= beetle+1 x2
          body= jujitsu g1
          hands = okotes
          rings= Puincense+1, woodsman
          back= cavaliers mantle
          waist= brown belt
          legs= jujitsu sabaki
          feet= federation kayahan
          food= squid sushi
          no merits

the other mnk had almost the same things=
          hands= tourny
          head=(gave dex, dont remember)
          neck= think spikenecklace
          earrings= beetle+1 x2
          body= gi
          hands okotes
          rings= i think it was courage+1 and courage
          back= (gave 2 elemants +3 cant remember)
          waist= purple belt
          legs= combat casters slacks +1
          feet= fed kayahan (i think)
          food= cheifkabobs
          no merits

i was barly winning in DoT but her raging fists was about 100+ higher than mine at all times.
          also i just got in a pt with a pup a hr about and a few times his raging fists (tarutaru) beat me by 100+ i dont think i have bad gear for my lvl....is it just raging fists????

Comment

Another thing: were you getting the same songs from the Bard? Depending on where you were standing you might have been clipped by the Ballad if the Bard was singing it to hit both the mages and the Pld.

Comment

Seems that the extra level gave additional acc and alowed her to use meat for lots of + attack and +str, vs your sushi use which would give you a decent hitrate but lower dmg.

Comment

no, rdm was refreshing pld, whm was standing very far away and was easy to ballad. i got same songs. It was a very good pt, everyone did was they were supposed to. just i was really hoping to outdmg the other mnk...seeing as she is my wife and all ROFL

Comment

one level can make all the difference in the world. it makes IT mobs into low Vt mobs. i mean it is +3acc, an +3 atk to your weapon in some sort of sense.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Try some rice dumplings next time for your food, can get almost as much +att out of them as mithkabobs, and a flat +5acc. ^^b

I generally bring sushi & meat with me, as well as acc gear for every slot I can. I'll adjust eq to get as much acc as I need to get a "low evasion" check without focus if I can, if hit rate feels decent, then I'll eat meat. If I have troubles getting consistent low eva check, or if we're overcamping a little, then I'm likely to use sushi, and pile on the att/str gear to try and get the "low defense" check.

Comment

Woo, I called it. It was the sushi. Sushi's not too good before level 50 (where monsters seem to get an all around evasion boost), and with a bard in the 40's it's not really needed. Basically, you had overkill accuracy and the other monk didn't.

Like MrFrodo said, rice dumplings are great. Although I think you'll outlevel them pretty soon. If you static with that bard, you might not need sushi too much. At least you won't if you don't fight things way higher level than you.
                      Generic Info!

Comment

no static with the brd, that was the only job not in our LS PT at that time. Im almost lvl 45, what food should i be using? would sole sushi blow everything else away when i get to 50? Also is there a alternative to Sole? that stuff is kinda expensive .....

Comment

Try out bream sushi instead of sole. It's much cheaper and worked fine for me.
                          75MNK | 75 SAM | 75 NIN | 75 BLU | 75 THF | 75 WAR

Comment

Originally posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
                            i was really hoping to outdmg the other mnk...seeing as she is my wife and all ROFL
                            I know I'm straying from the topic, but this really got me going.

Comment

Working...
                            X