This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Monk

Im having problems finding any H2H wpns. I'm level 6 and in Windurst. I can't find any in the shops. I've managed to get all my bronze armor, but I still have no weapon. I started the game off as a warrior then switched to a monk, so I dont know if you even get when when you start the game.

Where can I get one? I don't have 3000g to buy one from the AH. I'm broke. =)
    Moogle. It's time.

Re: Newbie Monk

Bookmark this page

You can get Bronze knucks from Bastok. Try creating a mule in Bastok and send it gil through the delivery system, or if you're in an LS ask someone around there to help you.
    sigpic

Comment

How do you get to Bastok from Windhurst. I see the direction on the map, and that's a long walk. Only option?
      Moogle. It's time.

Comment

Near auction houses are delivery people. You can deliver items from one person to another via it.
        All spells obtained!
        Homam Gear: 2/5

Comment

I don't think monks get a weapon if that's your starting job.

You can buy Baghnakhs and Cesti from the weapon shop in Port, but only if Windurst is in 2nd place or better in conquest. If you want Bronze Knuckles, which would be your most up to date weapon at level 6, buying one in Bastok or hoping one shows up on the AH is your only option.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yea I figured out I need some ranking to even see it in the shops. Bah! I can see bronze axes but not the cesti. Oh well. Ill grind out and farm for the 3k or so it costs. Are there any mobs that drop it? Any of the sites say its just craftable or from a vendor.
            Moogle. It's time.

Comment

I wouldn't worry so much about getting a weapon pre-lvl 10. Heck you could probably solo to lvl 15 bare-fisted if you wanted to.
              Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
              http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

Captain is right. At your level, your bare fists do plenty of damage. Your money would be better spent on some meat jerky actually because you'll level quickly anyway, it's easier to get for you right now, and you'll do more damage with it anyway.
                My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                Originally posted by Balfree
                Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Do you buy meat jerky at a shop and it gives you bonus stats? God I hate being a noob.
                  Moogle. It's time.

Comment

Yeah you can buy Meat Jerky from the mithra at the Rarab Tail Hostelry in Waters. It gives Strength +3, Intelligence -1 and Attack +22% (Cap: 30@136 Base Attack) - lasts for 30 minutes. If you can get Grilled Hare at the cooking guild that's even better. Its stats are Strength +2, Intelligence -1 and Attack +30% (Cap: 15@50 Base Attack) and lasts for 3 hours.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Good deal. How much are those on average? I'm pretty broke and I'm waiting for my crystals to get stacked up to 12 so i can but em up for auction.

Another question is, is it more benefitial to put up items, like feathers and wings and such you loot or even crystals on your personal bazaar thing, or just vendor them?
                      Moogle. It's time.

Comment

i use the ah buy check the prices before you farm for things you dont want to get a crap load of stuff that isnt worth anything. toss things like feathers to save room for bat wings or silk threads.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

a good idea is to get a second character for item storage, and send all those exta items to the second character. let the bat wings, silk thread, and beehive chips stack up on the other character where they aren't taking up your inventory space. that's the way to go. you'll end up throwing away a lot less items due to running out of room if you do that

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                          I live to entertain!

Comment

Well, when I started I always just sold things to the vendor that are hard to get stacks of. You'd be surprised how much money you can get by selling random things to the vendors. Always either sell crystals or turn them in for Rank Points.
                            RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                            Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                            Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                            Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                            Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

As for crystals: If possible always wait until you get a stack of crystals of a type (like 12 Water Crystals) so you'll be able to earn much more money than selling one crystal at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X