This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A good sub?

I'm glad to hear that MNK/WHM is an option. I was hoping I'd be able to choose WHM for my first sub. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Armando
      Cool ^^ Remember, STR equipment is your friend, and so are axes and great axe ;3 Don't touch swords :3
      In addition to this, please, do not wear dex equip. I can't count how many meele I see sporting balance rings, or some other dex equipment, trying to improve their accuracy, when it just doesn't work.

Dex is only good if you're leveling Thief. If you're any other meele job, wear str rings, and you'll be fine.

Comment

Just an idea. We use whm for solo and we use war for party. Mnks r generally ctrl A and hit chi blast and boost macro and ws. I know it would be hard to give up double attack and berserk and all that but we need some more diversity to our job. With the ToAU expansion coming out they say we can give some of our hp to party members but that really doesnt make sense to me something else of more value i think would be MNK/RDM. At first glance, rdm wouldnt have the healing power of /whm or the mnd boost. And it wouldnt have ne attack upgrades like SATA or DA and store tp. But what about the ability to heal and enfeeble, also this was a big thing that i saw that no one sees in rdm's nemore cause the barely ever melee. ENspells, ie enthunder enwater etc. My friends i hit IT's raptors for 45dmg each hand, then another 20+ dmg and the ability to enfeeb and heal if necessary. In a party im not so sure how it would work out and prolly wont find out b/c no one is that open minded to invite a mnk/rdm to their pt. but i encourage some of you out there with rdm levled to try it.
        MNK 75 RNG 75 WAR 37 NIN 37

I dont like the look of it

Comment

The problem with any melee/mage is you have no native skill in enfeebling/healing/elemental magics, etc. So what happens in a party when you cast paralyze or slow on an IT monster is....

The monster resists your spell!

Or if you're lucky it'll land, do almost nothing because its {Too Weak}, and then wear off 10 seconds later. Now if you're out soloing weaker stuff, then this becomes a little less dramatic, but its still pretty weak. However, enhancing magics are at least semi-useful, and healing magics are always pretty good even subbed.

To give you an idea, a rdm's enhancing is the highest in the game. At level 75 RDM, phalanx absorbs somewhere around 21 dmg per hit, stoneskin can soak up 350, and enspells can do around 19... this is without figuring in merits to enhancing or + enhancing skill gear.

If you subbed red mage, the formulas for these spells would be using half the enhancing magic level because your mage job is subbed, so phalanx might abosrob 10-12 damage, stoneskin with a lot of + mind gear swapped for casting it might soak up 200-250, and enspells would do 9, plus be reissted/partially a whole lot unless the monster is weak to the element you're using. This would naturally be even weaker if you are below level 75. Also RDM gets stoneskin/phalanx at 32-33, enspells starting around 16-28 (I think). So not a viable sub for defensive buffs really until about level 64 or 66. The mind RDM provides subbed is only slightly less than what a whm sub would provide, at level 75 (for chi blast considerations).

On a side note, dia and bio will almost always land. Protect and shell always provide the same level of physical/magical protection.
          Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
          75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
          AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
          Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

MNK/WAR and MNK/THF for exp parties. /THF at 60+ when a pt might ask for SATA+Dragon Kick. (Has personally never happened to me but I levelled THF to 37 for it anyway..)

MNK/SAM and MNK/DRK for fun really. Ballista and just fun. I might employ the use of MNK/SAM for the Snoll Tzar fight.

MNK/WHM for soloing and in endgame for Chi Blasting.

MNK/NIN for soloing at 74/75, aswell as tanking certain things or even Dynamis to make the WHM's job less stressful.

Comment

Working...
            X