X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MNK: Info From 1 to 75

Originally posted by GuardianFaith
    I wonder why no one ever mentions DRG as a viable sub for Monk @ 75.. it can outparse /WAR by a substantial ammount. For sure it's a hell of a lot better than /THF.
    Disclaimer: I'm not 75. I'm speculating, so please save the demands that I defeat Kirin eleventy-five times before posting.

I have no doubt that /DRG is viable 20-30, between DRG's Attack Bonus JT and before WAR's Berserk JA.

However, this is what level 37 subjobs will give you, in terms of damage. Listed stats are in the case of a 75 Hume MNK.

/WAR
    -Berserk (30)
    -Double Attack (50)
    -Attack +25 (60)
    -1 STR over /DRG
    -2 DEX over /DRG

/DRG
    -Jump (20)
    -Attack +10 (20)
    -High Jump (70)
    -Accuracy Bonus (60)
    -5% Haste from Wyvern Earring (EDIT)

Not listing Warcry (70 MNK/WAR) as it's useless next to Boost, and I don't know any MNKs that use it.

Even 75 MNK/WARs start dropping accuracy gear/food once they start XPing on VTs and accumulating H2H merits. The Accuracy Bonus plummets in value when this happens. You're left comparing Berserk, Double Attack, 1 STR, and 2 DEX.....with Jump and High Jump.

/WAR prz.
    Last edited by Dryhus; 05-25-2006, 04:19 PM.
    Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
    62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
    Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
    Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
    My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

Originally posted by Dryhus
      Disclaimer: I'm not 75. I'm speculating, so please save the demands that I defeat Kirin eleventy-five times before posting.

I have no doubt that /DRG is viable 20-30, between DRG's Attack Bonus JT and before WAR's Berserk JA.

However, this is what level 37 subjobs will give you, in terms of damage. Listed stats are in the case of a 75 Hume MNK.

/WAR
      -Berserk (30)
      -Double Attack (50)
      -1 STR over /DRG
      -2 DEX over /DRG

/DRG
      -Jump (20)
      -High Jump (70)
      -Accuracy Bonus (60)

Not listing Attack Bonus (60 MNK/WAR, 20 MNK/DRG) because both subjobs give it at 75. Not listing Warcry (70 MNK/WAR) as it's useless next to Boost, and I don't know any MNKs that use it.

Even 75 MNK/WARs start dropping accuracy gear/food once they start XPing on VTs and accumulating H2H merits. The Accuracy Bonus plummets in value when this happens. You're left comparing Berserk, Double Attack, 1 STR, and 2 DEX.....with Jump and High Jump.

/WAR prz.
      http://users.livejournal.com/_remus/
      <Please check it> Before you make any assumptions, especially since you have not experienced it for yourself.
      FFXI
      Faith
      75MNK.60THF.42NIN.43WHM.39WAR.35BLM.37DRG.

WoW
      Avril 80 Hunter
      Ultra 57 Rogue
      Sixteen 59 Paladin

Aion
      Esther 39 Cleric

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianFaith
        http://users.livejournal.com/_remus/
        <Please check it> Before you make any assumptions, especially since you have not experienced it for yourself.
        Have you experienced it yourself? That journal doesn't appear to be yours, and I see no parses. I put a disclaimer saying my post was speculation, and it was just that; no wild unfounded assumptions. I put exactly why I think /WAR would outdamage /DRG. All I see in that journal is someone saying differently. I don't see how I'm any more presumptuous than you are, since neither of us have parses to support our arguments.

I'd definitely like to see parses. I'll gladly revere and even play as MNK/DRG if it outparses MNK/WAR. Of course, I don't want to see higher average damage per fight, or higher average skill damage, or higher average ability damage...I'd need to see DPS.
        Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
        62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
        Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
        Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
        My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

I didn't know you'd take that so offensively. If I offended you I'm sorry >.>;
          FFXI
          Faith
          75MNK.60THF.42NIN.43WHM.39WAR.35BLM.37DRG.

WoW
          Avril 80 Hunter
          Ultra 57 Rogue
          Sixteen 59 Paladin

Aion
          Esther 39 Cleric

Comment

Originally posted by Dryhus
            Have you experienced it yourself? That journal doesn't appear to be yours, and I see no parses. I put a disclaimer saying my post was speculation, and it was just that; no wild unfounded assumptions. I put exactly why I think /WAR would outdamage /DRG. All I see in that journal is someone saying differently. I don't see how I'm any more presumptuous than you are, since neither of us have parses to support our arguments.

I'd definitely like to see parses. I'll gladly revere and even play as MNK/DRG if it outparses MNK/WAR. Of course, I don't want to see higher average damage per fight, or higher average skill damage, or higher average ability damage...I'd need to see DPS.
            That's funny because there's a parser in there dated awhile back.

I still haven't tested /DRG either, but I'd loved to based on this parse.

Jumps, High Jumps, and Chi Blasts were grouped into Skill damage for some odd reason.

Comment

Although MNK/DRG does have alot of advantages, particularly before you get Berserk from /WAR, you will never see many people use it simply because you can't use call wyvern as /drg. I'm not saying /drg is bad, I will eventually lvl drg and try it out for myself, i'm just saying thats why you never see it in guides.

Comment

Very informative, thanks for the post ^.^

Comment

09-25-2006, 01:56 PM
                  ??
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Working...
                  X