Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions from a new DRG

Originally posted by Battlemedic View Post
    I recently unlocked DRG, which i've been very anxious to do. I love the job, but have a few questions.

Will i have trouble finding exp parties in the higher level range? Will i be in level sync or soloing mostly to 75?

And will i be able to get any endgame action? Or will i spend most of my time finding a LS that will even let me participate, let alone lot for drops etc.?

I have no intention of quitting the class, just wanted to know what i was in for down the road.

Thanks in advance
    1) DRG has at long last gotten over the old stigmas attached to it, at least for EXP parties. It is actually one of the top DD's for EXP on virtually everything from 54+ in Aht Urhgan due to everything being weak to piercing damage and DRG having two amazing weaponskills, Penta Thrust and later Drakesbane. DRG is also an amazing solo class as well when using a mage subjob (read DRG stickies for more info on heal breath and soloing tactics)

2) Endgame for DRG really depends on the shell you join. Generally other jobs are preferred over DRG, but if an LS is going to tell you you can't join because that's your only 75, you're likely better off without them.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      If you're constantly get kicked out of merit parties for one reason or another, I'll have to be suspicious and ask if you are attentive while fighting--you're not that guy who always takes 15 seconds to engage the critter or hold TP until 250%, right? Also, what do your WS set and TP set look like?.

Actually I'm quite the opposite, I think the reason was bc I rarely played at all bc of work. Another reason could be when I'm in the pt, I'm always in my idlegear bc I have macros to switch so they might think (man this dude's gear is weird drop him asap) when all I have to is hit a quick button and bam I'm pimped out. I can't even remember being in a pt to where I was not destroying everything while still keeping the hate threshold open, meripos especially. But I'm done anyway, the picky-ness of this game finally got to me and I saw screw it, cancelled my account about a month and a half ago. I'm gonna stay away from mmorpgs for a while and stick to my console rpgs.

It was fun while it lasted, I saluted my drg the entire 30 secs the delete screen was showing.. We've been through so much but alas it's time to move on.... and then all this hacking stuff is happening... so sad what people would do nowadays...
      sigpic
      ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Originally posted by odjnlinus View Post
        Actually I'm quite the opposite, I think the reason was bc I rarely played at all bc of work. Another reason could be when I'm in the pt, I'm always in my idlegear bc I have macros to switch so they might think (man this dude's gear is weird drop him asap) when all I have to is hit a quick button and bam I'm pimped out. I can't even remember being in a pt to where I was not destroying everything while still keeping the hate threshold open, meripos especially. But I'm done anyway, the picky-ness of this game finally got to me and I saw screw it, cancelled my account about a month and a half ago. I'm gonna stay away from mmorpgs for a while and stick to my console rpgs.

It was fun while it lasted, I saluted my drg the entire 30 secs the delete screen was showing.. We've been through so much but alas it's time to move on.... and then all this hacking stuff is happening... so sad what people would do nowadays...
        wait wait.... why in the hell did you delete the character?
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
          If you can't get a Merit party, then do the next best thing.

ISNM 75 for Khroma Ore
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
            wait wait.... why in the hell did you delete the character?

You know, I've pondered that decision since I did it. Aside from not having anything, I did have a bunch of jobs leveled up to 37 since DRG was my main 75 to pimp out. If I could go back then I would to change the decision. I wish there was a console rpg in the style of XI with a subjob and macros and stuff.

Oh well.....
            sigpic
            ~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

Comment

Originally posted by Battlemedic View Post
              I recently unlocked DRG, which i've been very anxious to do. I love the job, but have a few questions.

Will i have trouble finding exp parties in the higher level range? Will i be in level sync or soloing mostly to 75?

And will i be able to get any endgame action? Or will i spend most of my time finding a LS that will even let me participate, let alone lot for drops etc.?

I have no intention of quitting the class, just wanted to know what i was in for down the road.

Thanks in advance
              I never had trouble getting invites on DRG. Since the two-handed update, the job is fantastic. You'll be extremely valuable in bird parties.

Chocobo Knights on YouTube!
              http://www.youtube.com/FomorViceroy

Comment

Working...
              X