Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DRG update March 10

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
    About songs/rolls: Sambas are not buffs. They do not give you an icon.
    They do for the DNC using it because it is a buff.

Or am I just imagining that pink & white spiral icon @ the top of my screen?
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      They do for the DNC using it because it is a buff.
      Please don't be confusing. Samba is like an enspell buff for the DNC that debuffs the monster for a very short time frame. Therefore, the actual effect is, in essence, a Debuff.

Comment

There's no way to accurately describe Sambas without being confusing. Blame SE. :D It's both a buff and a debuff, and two different kinds of additional effects (procs), both at 100% activation, one of which is invisible.

When the DNC (or /DNC) uses samba, it creates a buff on the DNC. When a person with that buff hits a monster with melee, it has a 100% chance of causing the corresponding Daze (there is no log message for applying Daze). This is kind of like Acid Knife and similar weapons that apply a debuff on hit, except it's guaranteed instead of random, and there's no special graphic or log message. (Also like those effects, the person who applied the effect - that's the DNC or /DNC in this case - sees when it wears off, if it does wear off before the target dies; but nobody else sees the wearing-off message. Since each hit will reapply daze and reset its duration, it rarely wears off unless the dancer disengages or gets really unlucky with a string of misses.)

Whenever a party member of the DNC[1] (or, now, pet of a party member) hits a Dazed mob, they receive the end effect: regain hp, regain mp, or haste, depending on the type of samba. No continuing effect (like a buff) attaches to the attacker.

[1] At least, I think it's a party member. It isn't just anyone who can swing at the target, on CFH mobs or Campaign. I don't know if it works for allies.
        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

This is where I try to clarify to Malacite, but I see it's already been done.

You'd sooner affect your wyvern with your Berserk as a Samba (which has me thinking about Empathy->Drain Samba for kicks).

Originally posted by Karinya
          [1] At least, I think it's a party member. It isn't just anyone who can swing at the target, on CFH mobs or Campaign. I don't know if it works for allies.
          Last I knew, no. We had a guy come war/dnc to Sky and only his party was getting the effects.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

It's only party members and I'm assuming their pets because my wyvern was definitely getting healed by it. We had a bard in the party too, and wyvern definitely wasn't getting his buffs.

Comment

someone on BG was claiming that drain samba was working for their automaton the other day >_>b

Idk if that was just BS, or a glitch that likely got fixed in yesterday's update.
              sigpic

Comment

someone on BG was claiming that drain samba was working for their automaton the other day >_>b

Idk if that was just BS, or a glitch that likely got fixed in yesterday's update.
                The thing about Samba is that since (after the DNC hits) the effect becomes a debuff on the monster, that anyone that hits the monster should receive some of the monster's HP or MP depending on the Samba. If this doesn't work for a particular attacker, then I would consider that to be an error.

In other words, Summoned Pets, Charmed Beasts, Dragoon Wyverns, Automatons, Adventuring Fellows and hell, even Virelai Pets should be able to drain HP/MP from the debuffed mob.

Comment

When I 1st played DNC though right when it came out, my automaton (I was DNC/PUP) wasn't getting anything from the Samba.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                    The thing about Samba is that since (after the DNC hits) the effect becomes a debuff on the monster, that anyone that hits the monster should receive some of the monster's HP or MP depending on the Samba. If this doesn't work for a particular attacker, then I would consider that to be an error.
                    It's a party specific debuff; if I learned anything from Champaign Battles, is that I don't get to leech off Sambas from other parties. =b

Then again, I haven't gone to CB since the update. Maybe something has changed?
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

When I 1st played DNC though right when it came out, my automaton (I was DNC/PUP) wasn't getting anything from the Samba.
                      I am playing FFXI now using PUP/DNC on my PC in window mode while making this post. My automation is Drain-ing the mob with Drain Samba.
                      Last edited by Celeal; 03-13-2008, 06:51 PM.
                      Server: Quetzalcoatl
                      Race: Hume Rank 7
                      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Hah I was RIGHT!

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Mar. 14, 2008 08:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
                        Current Known Issues (Mar. 14)

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Mar. 10, 2008, we have confirmed the following issue. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- Unable to target Brittle Rock in the assault "Excavation Duty" in certain condition.

- Recipe besides Alchemy may be assigned even though Alchemy is selected in Campaign Ops "Iron Anvil III."

- Dark Kindred "Shadowhand" may cast certain spells to players, which it normally does not cast.

- If expansion disc "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" is not installed, the effect of magic "Retrace," "Recall-Jugner," "Recall-Pashh," and "Recall-Meriph" will not initiate.

- Dancer's job ability "Samba" is effective to the player's pet.

- Magic "Sleep II" does not extend its effect to targets within range when Scholar's job ability "Manifestation" is used.

- Tarutaru's character motion for "/dance1," "/dance2," "/dance3" and "/dance4" emotes do not play the correct motion.

- BGM will start interrupted when BGM changes while the battle BGM is playing.
                        Example: When player fishes while the battle BGM is playing.

- Sometimes unable to access the "Mog House" menu while in the Mog House.

- Position of the cursor may shift in certain menus (Magic, Mission, Quest, Key Items, Bazaar) when the list is scrolled using the left or right key.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Odd that they didn't mention how SMN's blood pacts affect everyone in range now, not just PT members in campaign battles. Unless this was intended?
                        sigpic

Comment

awwwwww.... T_T, bye bye Samba on pet.
                          Server: Quetzalcoatl
                          Race: Hume Rank 7
                          75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

It's odd that they also didn't mention anything about the Fourth Division's new AN set's bonus not kicking in like it's supposed to. People are reporting that when you put on both pieces of the set, you're not getting any kind of Attack boost whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                            X