6 Hit TP Setups Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Hit TP Setups Worth It?

Do you try to make a 6 hit TP setup when you use Samurai subjob?

Do you find it worth it?

I've put together a few options for making it possible. Of course the option with the Valkyrie's Fork will be the hardest to obtain. However, there are several other options, which don't even require any additional Store TP gear and start at Lv60. The Rajas Ring and Gae Bolg will be hard for a player taking their first job to Lv75, and I think Carbonara food is impractical against Colibri.

Note: The 6 hits could include the first hit of the weaponskill if it hits, so you could weaponskill and then get to weaponskill again in 5 hits.

Option 1 (Store TP+15, 100TP in 6 Hits, Requires 0 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Schwarz Lance
    Samurai Subjob: Store TP+15

Option 2 (Store TP+15, 100TP in 6 Hits, Requires 0 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Gae Bolg

Option 3 (Store TP+25, 99TP in 6 Hits, Requires 1 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Tournament Lance: Store TP+3
    Chivalrous Chain: Store TP+1
    Brutal Earring: Store TP+1
    Rajas Ring: Store TP+5

Option 4 (Store TP+25, 99TP in 6 Hits, Requires 1 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Tournament Lance: Store TP+3
    Carbonara Food: Store TP+6

Option 5 (Store TP+22, 97TP in 6 Hits, Requires 3 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Mezraq

Option 6 (Store TP+24, 98TP in 6 Hits, Requires 2 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Mezraq

Option 7 (Store TP+26, 100TP in 6 Hits, Requires 0 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Mezraq

Option 8 (Store TP+24, 99TP in 6 Hits, Requires 1 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Valkyrie's Fork: Store TP+3

Option 9 (Store TP+26, 100TP in 6 Hits, Requires 0 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Dark Mezraq or Grand Knight's Lance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ryoii: Lv73 SAM/WAR with Engetsuto and 5 Hit TP build for Penta Thrust (Store TP+51)
    Nonomii: Lv73 RDM/WHM
    Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 08-31-2007, 12:15 AM.

Re: 6 Hit TP Setups Worth It?

I just noticed that there are more options that do not even require Samurai subjob. I could see Carbonara being used on birds and greater birds in Caedarva Mire, Bibiki Bay, Ru'Aun Gardens, Valley of Sorrows, and Lufaise Meadows along with other non-Colibri enemies.

Option 10 (Store TP+12, 97TP in 6 Hits, Requires 3 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Schwarz Lance

Option 11 (Store TP+13, 98TP in 6 Hits, Requires 2 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
    Gae Bolg
    Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 08-31-2007, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I had someone point out that an additional Store TP+5 could be obtained from the Askar Korazin, which will open up additional options.

Option 12 (Store TP+21, 96TP in 6 Hits, Requires 4 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
      Valkyrie's Fork: Store TP+3 or Tournament Lance: Store TP+3
      Askar Korazin: Store TP+5

I know some of these are getting rediculous, but interestingly enough a 5 Hit setup is possible for Dragoon/Samurai.

Option 13 (Store TP+33, 97TP in 5 Hits, Requires 3 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
      Gae Bolg
      Askar Korazin: Store TP+5

Comment

Does the store TP bonus work only with SAM sub? If not SAM exclusive, then why not WAR? Double Attack on one swing will get your next WS that much more faster...

Comment

W/out reworking any of your numbers myself, I'll point out that Store TP affects the additional +1 tp/swing as well.

It's not much, but it means .8 extra tp from a full Penta Thrust if you already have over 20 Store TP. You can go test this yourself by getting to a point where your normal swings have a high decimal amount (standard 492 delay lance with +5 store TP will net 13.9 tp/swing, for instance) and performing multiple Double Thrusts. With above example, you'd expect to see 13+1 tp return. Actually, 13.9+1 but the result would be the same 14. But because of Store TP, I'll bet you $100 bucks you'll come back with 15.

And yes, Aeni. Anyone who owns a Rajas will get the benefits of Store TP. True for all tp gear/food.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

You will notice that options 10 through 12 do not even require samurai subjob. They are designed more for DRG/WAR or DRG/MAGE. I just figure a dragoon who is advanced enough to use this will need to be DRG/SAM to survive.

Comment

I didn't think any other jobs than SAM were capable of 6-hit 100 TP on
              handers o. O nice find.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

It's a good post Thks and with Jumpx2 We can make 100 TP speedly

Comment

I actually might need to fix some of my calculations because you get a TP bonus to the additional hits on Penta Thrust as well:
                  Store TP+10-19 = 1.1 TP per additional hit
                  Store TP+20-29 = 1.2 TP per additional hit
                  Store TP+30-39 = 1.3 TP per additional hit
                  Store TP+40-49 = 1.4 TP per additional hit
                  Store TP+50-59 = 1.5 TP per additional hit

Comment

Other option:

Invite a COR and SAM to PT for Samurai Roll.

Post August update the TP gain is almost unfair, especially so with Fighter's Roll. Its not even a 6 hit set up at that point, it can be less.

SAM Roll can also be subbed

Comment

"Option 6 (Store TP+24, 98TP in 6 Hits, Requires 2 Additional Hits from Weaponskill)
                      Mezraq
                      Carbonara Food: Store TP+6"

why not throw in a rajas ring for that? for a store tp of +29

Comment

edit: reread, covered lol

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Has the addition of the Ecphoria Ring opened up any other options here?

Comment

Working...
                          X