Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DRG Elitist BS

Originally posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    As for Map... Map is a gimp. I don't care if he has an lolsash. He has an underleveled WAR sub for his SAM. He's nothing more than a drama-whore and an asshole. Pulling stunts like what he did are horrible. It's ridiculous to do that to anyone in the game. I am nothing like Map.
    Wow, people on other servers know that about him? Well, it was on Titan KI fourms in his thread where he bragged about his relic katana. Still... kinda sad.

And OK, maybe I went a little far on what I said. Sorry about that. I've had a real evil streak I'm trying to work off (happens like once or wice a year). Didn't help I've been on disability for 3 months with no where to go I'm better now.

There was a BRD I PTed with yesterday. Not the usual BRD/NIN that I typically dread, but a BRD/WHM. Had Bard's Roundlet and a Light Staff. Well, apparently they just let roundlets drop to anyone in Dynamis these days because when I /checked her gear (I don't care if its percieved as rude, you can filter it out) I saw the following:

2 Level 36 CHR rings.
    Sandorian Horn (only instrument she had)
    AFv1 Pants and Body
    Jester's Cape (NQ).

Now, BRD is a really, really, really cheap job. Really cheap. I'm not expecting a shi'ar manteele out of you, but at 73, I'd like to see some higher level Rings, multiple macroed HQ instruments, Errant Body and an HQ Jester's Cape. There's a distinct difference between having adequate gear and not trying at all. Melees have it harder, so I'm OK with adequate gear on melee, but BRDs don't have it as hard at all. All of the gear I listed is cheap an attainable, you just have to take some time off from zomgEXP to get it.

People have a nasty habit of making a b-line for 75, I've never understood it. Don't fix your job in post, do right by it as you level. It doesn't have to be the best-of-the-best gear, but at least show you're trying.

Comment

People have a nasty habit of making a b-line for 75, I've never understood it. Don't fix your job in post, do right by it as you level. It doesn't have to be the best-of-the-best gear, but at least show you're trying.
      I agree 100% with this. This is the reason I don't already have a ton of jobs at 75. I'd say I go a step beyond most in the effort to gear myself well as I go, but I just wish people would gear themselves adequately and have some pride in the jobs they play as they level. I really despise the trend of "I'll get to 75 and then I'll worry about gear."

Also, despise 1 instrument BRDs. I don't care if you have 5 jobs at 75 and a Dalmy +1 (true story), use more than the friggin San'dorian Horn or just retire BRD.

As far as Map, he is well known for being the owner of a Ninurta's Sash which has started so much drama it's unreal.
      A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Yearg, the one thing you didn't really address is "situational." To me, everything's situational. I like to see my DRGs swapping to AF body between pulls. You know -- actually trying to keep the rat alive. And since I dread letting people know I have a haubergeon (it's gotten easier now than when I was only level 59), I tend to use it only explicitly in combat. Strange habits, sure. But I see no reason to be punished for it.

Vyuru was right about +STR, actually. Attack vs Defense and STR vs VIT is true. But in addition, 2 STR=1 Attack and 2 VIT= 1 Defense. Making STR+ gear truely "Doubly useful." Of course, this is offset by the fact that STR comes in smaller amounts.

However, one thing that wasn't taken into consideration: +5 attack will become +8 attack. +40 attack will become +56 attack. Meat Dishes and Berserk are % based, and thus take into account all static numbers first.

Easy way to test: put on swordbelt, your attack raises by 10. take off swordbelt, use berserk. your attack raises by 25% of it's old number. put swordbelt back on, you gain +12-13 attack.
        "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

*LadyKiKi hides.

I wear Battle Gloves at 75 when I don't have my AF on me (i.e. for farming).

I'm too cheap to buy anything else. My most recent purchase was a pair of Flame Rings.
          [LadyKiKi]
          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

*LadyKiKi hides.
            No one can hide from the Eye of Sauron!

Couldn't resist

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Pic removed.

The above is a perfect example of what this thread has become.

Caspian>> DC, its unnecessary and inappropriate. Please refrain from needless trolling.
              Last edited by Caspian; 01-09-2007, 04:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X