Accuracy Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Accuracy Build

Diabolos's earring is +3 acc (except in dark weather), so that's better than accurate/optical. You're also not counting O.hat, Galliards or the +acc pieces from the Pahluwan set - are you assuming a lower level?

Of course /SAM adds another +10 - and that DOES stack with DRG's natural Acc Bonus trait. On top of that it reduces the need for accuracy in general as Hasso's haste and Store TP allow you to keep up in TP with lower percentage of hits landed. (Since most people are already at the point where slightly fewer hits for more damage per hit would do more total damage while giving the mob less TP, and only continue to pile on acc so they can WS more often.)

Personally, I find the idea of giving up +80 atk from a meat food to gain +30-35 acc from sushi disgusting - that's almost as bad as taking off spiked finger gauntlets for battle gloves. But I don't know if I'm going to be able to avoid some kind of atk sacrifice as long as I can't afford peacock etc. It's one thing to take off your +12 atk swordbelt+1 for a +10 acc lifebelt, but giving up 2+ atk per point of acc gained is something that I would really rather avoid if at all possible and sushi does exactly that.

So far I don't think I've had much of an acc problem unless I was a level or two down *and* the party was massively overhunting, or there were undispelled eva buffs in effect. And I'm about to gain 20 acc in the next 3 levels (life belt and then hasso).
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Well the acc problem only really kicks in at around lvl 50 or so, so I'm not surprised you haven't had much of a problem with it. With Hasso you'll have a bit of a boost that most other melees don't get so you might be able to stave it off for a bit longer. But sooner or later that sushi monster is going to rear its ugly head at you. Unless you just totally whore yourself out on acc equipment. It's barely doable, but people still overhunt so you may have to bring along sushi just in case because you may find yourself slipping behind in TP with the others. Though that may not really be an issue for Sam. Sam can gain TP really quick. But I think you still have to be able to hit often in order to take advatange of that properly.
      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
      Originally posted by Balfree
      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
        Are we going budget or is there plenty of gil to throw around?

Grand Knight's Lance (+7)
        Peacock Charm (+10)
        Scorpion Harness (+10)
        Woodsman Ring x2 (+10)
        Lifebelt (+10)
        {Accuracy Trait} (+10)
        Battle Gloves (+3)/Macro X.Bracelet in (whichever Giga Version you have for WS)
        Assault Earring (+2)
        Accurate Earring (+2)/Optical Earring (+1) (-1 Attack)
        Tiphia Sting (+2)

+66 Accuracy or +65 with Optical Earring.

Sub RNG for +86. Additionally, remove 2 pieces of +10 Acc equip for other equip.

I think I heard that there's a "cap" somewhere, no matter how much you put on after X amount it won't affect your hit rate anymore. That's the luxury option though, so it depends on the person.

I am definately on a budget, as this is my first time throught the game and DRG is my highest job. I don't have anything higher to use to get uber gear for DRG or to sell for gil. That being said I think the morale of that story is moderation. I am going to make the following changes:

Mermans Gorget -> Spike Necklace -> Chiv. Chain
        Lifebelt -> Potent Belt

Both of these changes will slightly decrease my ACC in exchange for STR. That will give me enough ACC for sushi to work well but not overkill at the expense of STR. In addition I am going to upgrade my armet for armet +1 for even more STR.

Ok good thing my static is taking a break this weekend I have to farm/BCNM/assualt for this gear!!

BTW LadyKiki I am very anxiously awaiting your guide
        Main Jobs: DRG75 PLD56
        Sub Jobs: WAR37, BLU37, SAM37, DRK46

Merits:
        Angon (1) Deep Breathing (1) Empathy (2)
        Polearm (6) Sword (2) Crit Hit % (2) MP (2)

Crafts:
        Smithing (26.0), Clothcraft (59.8)

Mission Progress:
        Bastok Rank 10, ZM 16, CoP 3-5
        ToAU 44, Chief Sergeant
        WoTG 7, Mythril Wings $$

Comment

I think I heard that there's a "cap" somewhere, no matter how much you put on after X amount it won't affect your hit rate anymore. That's the luxury option though, so it depends on the person.
          I thought that the cap affected by your dexterity, just like att is affected by str.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Diminishing returns? most certainly. Cap? no.

I guess you can only achieve 95% accuracy, but it's not like "+130 acc is the same as +60 acc" because that +130 acc would actually benefit you if you were level 50 and trying to hit Kirin. Regardless, they'd both give you that 95% figure on a level 50 mob, but the higher the level of mob you're fighting, eventually +60 won't be enough and 130 will be (even though it's trudging through horrendous level penalties to do so).
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
            X