yay wyvern breathe accuracy ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yay wyvern breathe accuracy ^^

new job trait will be added through merits which is "Deep Breathing" and guess what? >.>
    "Enhances effect of next wyvern breathe"
    seeing what other melee will get, if this sucked i'm so quiting DRG ._."

Edit:
    edited the ability name, here is the list :
    (Ability)Angon: Expands an Angon to lower Enemy's defense.
    (Ability)Deep Breathing: Enhances the effect of next wyvern breathe.
    (Job Trait)Strafe: Increases accuracy of wyvern breathe.
    (Job Trait) Empathy:Copies beneficial effect to the wyvern using {Spirit Link}
    Last edited by seq; 07-24-2006, 01:20 PM.

Dragoon
    75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Re: yay wyvern breathe accuracy ^^

But.. but.. you can buff your wyvern now... that's good.. right?
    The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
    Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
    a world without hate.
    And I can picture us attacking that world,
    because they'd never expect it."

Comment

The wyvern breath can actually miss?

Comment

will... seeing what other jobs got, nope
        buffing wyvern every 5 minutes for let's say... how long haste lasts?

Double Post Edited:
        anyways all the new job abilities/trait are to buff the wyverns ... except Angon which seems nice but WAR gets ability to lower Defense too /sigh
        Last edited by seq; 07-24-2006, 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dragoon

Comment

ir probably works like magic acc, in that it reduces resist, not melee acc

Comment

"Enhances the effect of next wyvern breathe" will that mean it'll add Effects to the wyvern breathes? debuffs?

Dragoon

Comment

Originally posted by seq
              "Enhances the effect of next wyvern breathe" will that mean it'll add Effects to the wyvern breathes? debuffs?
              Doubtful. No wyvern breath attacks anywhere in the game do anything except straight elemental damage (including those in Dynamis, as well as Wynavs in Lumoria). Might be good to use if it doubles the effect of Healing Breath III or something.

Angon is supposedly ranged, which could be useful.

Empathy... eh... depending on the party/alliance, could be useful. Passing Minuet III + IV to your Wyvern should let it do outrageous amounts of damage to NMs (since Wyverns are already known to be able to avoid much of the level penalty). I guess it depends if it just transfers one buff, or all.

This is all talking in context of end-game of course. I'm not sure this is enough boost to make DRGs usable at end-game but I guess its a start.

Icemage

Comment

missed things up sorry x_x

Double Post Edited:
                atleast now i'll have areason to merit Spirit link's recast hehe
                Last edited by seq; 07-24-2006, 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dragoon

Comment

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting another jump or a trait to add effects to the ones we have. I was personally hoping for a way to get Auto Refresh and/or Auto Regen. But what upsets me is what other jobs get. Absorb-TP for DRK? I know we do better at TP than them, but don't they keep up with us anyway?

Well, once I get there, Strafe looks like the best first choice from the description. Empathy may or may not be good depending on how it chooses which effect to give your wyvern. First it has to dismiss any effects it already has. Second certain effects need to be looked for as priority. Third it needs to take the effect with the longest duration left. If it does those three things, then effects like Stoneskin, Regen, En-spells, Protect, Shell, foods, and COR buffs, could actually be very useful. Come to think of it, I better hurry up and level cooking. I foresee Carbonara, Pescatora, Arrabiato, Bosciola, and other +HP foods becoming popular. That is. . . if you can reliably share that with your wyvern.

Well. We'll see, won't we?
                  4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Balodoth
                    I was personally hoping for a way to get Auto Refresh and/or Auto Regen.
                    Well. We'll see, won't we?

Use Sanction Refresh thats more then enough.

Comment

I'm aware of sanction refresh. My statement was made with that knowledge.
                      4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

This seems awesome.

Angon: We get an ability Dragoons have been asking for forever: throwable lances. And instead of doing piddly damage, they lower the enemies defense. That is excellent for every aspect of dragoon.

Empathy: talk about potential. We all know a good portion of our damage comes from our wyvern. And we all know that the buffs we receive maximize our own damage output. Now we have an ability to transfer those boosts to our wyvern. The wyvern rocks enough as it is. Imagine it with a few attack boosts and haste.

Deep Breathing and Strafe: Come on. Better breaths is always good. Sure, they may not seem like a lot, but they could prove quite effective.

All in all, I am quite pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Balodoth
                          Absorb-TP for DRK? I know we do better at TP than them, but don't they keep up with us anyway?
                          no they dont. drk/thf cant keep up with any of the other melees in terms of tp gain. there's a reason why drks arent sought after fast merit point pts.
                          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

use food > get bard buffs (if you're lucky, get hasted) > activate berserk > Spirit Link it all to your Wyvern? Yea that'd be bloody good. I'd be all over that and Angon. Also, if it's a JA I'm betting it's unavoidable. Completely unresistable debuff. Tell me some of you wouldn't enjoy that. The warrior's version says "a Special defense down effect" vs Angon's "lowers enemy's defense." Probably just a wording thing but... who knows, maybe they'll stack or something.

Re: Absorb-TP. I think this is a move to appease and likely, an attempt to make the player base think the dark knights are more capable of keeping up in tp. Practical application, this is barely a boost in tp. You'll prolly absorb 20 tp tops, and often as low as 4-6 tp. Toss in the 4 seconds that it freezes your melee attack which gets you (likely) more tp as well as actually contributing to the damage pool and it doesn't look too handy. I had thought at first that it'd be a nice toy for pulling but then I realized that you'd always get 0 tp since - you know - the mob wouldn't have tp yet.
                            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

My friend just absorbed 76% tp from a exp mob with capped drk magic skill and drk magic enhancing relic. Drks get it for a reason, we don't need more tp because we already do that very well. Out of the jobs i play smn/drg/bst/pup, I am by far most impressed with the dragoon merits. They intergrate the wyvern deeper into the core of the job. I saw a dragoon playing around outside alzhabi and used deepbreathing. Wyver breath hit for 369, and i'm assuming it gets better with strafing and maybe +hp food effect added to wyvern through empathy. Give yourselves a pat on the back dragoon. we deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X