This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to start

I currently have a Warrior around lvl 13-15 and want to become a Dragoon. Is there anything I should do to prepare? This advanced job really interests me, and I wanna make him be a really good character. What do I do when I get around lvl 18-20? How do I make the transition? Also, what should I expect. I noticed in other threads that it is hard to find a party. I am willing to deal with that. What else can I expect? Is it a hard job?

Re: Best way to start

First level your Warrior to 30 so you can unlock the job.

Comment

lol yea that might help to get drg first lol then i would lvl your drg to 36 if you like it cont if not lol well atleast you didn't waste all your time lvling lol
      also get thf up[ if you wanna fram with drg as main i got my thf to 40 but i am coming back for TH2 ^^ lol i gotten drg to 50 and i party with a ls buddy ^^(51 whm now) lol so its easy for me to find partys but yea, find some great friends and you can take drg real far ^^
      66rdm/70drg/48thf/42blm/37pld/43drk/43war/28nin/24whm/24smn

wanna party? sure
      wanna do a bcnm? great
      leveling bst in your free time cuase you cant not get party as drg??? priceless

Comment

level you warrior to 18 to unlock your subjob quest.

next, go back to your hometown and talk to your moogle. choose "change jobs" then "subjob" you can now choose a subjob.

change your main job to monk, with war as your subjob. Play monk/war to 15. monk can easilly be solo'd to 15 in very little time, even if you cant find a pt. monk also makes a very good sub for war for the first few levels. once monk is 15, talk to your moogle again and chang your job to war/monk.

play war/mnk to 30. At 30, use you lvl 30 war to complete the dragoon quest. the quest starts in sandy. then you can go drg/war all the way to 60 before you have to think about your sub. by then, you should know if you like the job or not^^

also, i noticed you're from cait sith. i would be happy to help you out. my in-game character's name is ionia. just send me a tell next time you notice me on^^

as for finding parties, it doesnt start to get hard to find a party until level 60 or so(for all jobs, not just dragoon). by then, you are experienced enough in the game to be able to build your own pt's should it become neccessary.
        Last edited by aegina; 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
        Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
        I live to entertain!

Comment

Alright. Thanks for the input guys. I guess, since there are pretty much no parties in Valkurm any more, Ill have to solo my way up, then move on after 18 or so... =\

Comment

Something I'm surprised nobody's mentioned, is once you're Lv.30 WAR, get a Lv.1 Polearm, and go some place and Skill Up your Polearm to about Lv.40 or so. Will make things a tad bit easier for you having a cap'd Polearm skill for when you're leveling DRG.

I've tried to do this for all jobs. So I've leveled Sword, Dagger, Axe, Great Axe, Club, and Great Sword all to Lv.100 or higher. Helps big time, and by the time you hit Lv.30 you can cap a weapon well before you level again.
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Well if you could start from the begining I would have told you to start with Monk, but your already near 18 with Warrior. I assume your a Taru because of your banner there.

Once you have your sub job it is a good idea to start a sub, but monk may not be the best. If your a taru a Whm sub may be effective to work on, doing a few lvl in blm wouldn't hurt either, getting blm to 18 and whm to 37 is a great way to start the game no matter what you want to do in the game, because it will give you access to warp and teleport spells, which will greatly reduce the travel times, and greatly improve you popularity. Besides that, Whm is a good sub for Warrior at low lvls, expecially if your a Taru, you can pretend to be a makeshift Pld with tanking and cures, or backup tanking and cures, and both Warrior and Whm are good subs for Drg. It is also a good Idea to take warrior to 37 so you never have to go back to it, and rebuy/save the gear at/for another time, lvl 37 is the maximum subjob lvl.

Even if your not a taru, Whm would be a decent and useful choice for a begining warrior, after you are lvl 30 you can try getting your Drg job, and once your ready it is a good idea to improve your PoleArm skill a few points with your Warrior so you have a starting boost. And once you start leveling Drg, don't summon the wyvern til lvl 10, it will just get killed.

On a side note, I would advise taking the first 6 available jobs to 30 before going on with any advanced classes or deciding which to go further with. This buff all of your skills considerably, save money by sharing equipment between classes, earn you some money and alot of conquest points to start with, and most of all, you will be able to make a knowledgable decision about what you want to spend the next 1 or 2 years doing on this game. Honestly, it will take you less then 6 months to get the first 6 classes to 30, and you will probably get just as far with Drg in the same amount of time as someone who jump right on Drg, If you even choose to do so. Furthermore, in the next expansion they will be introducing Blue Mage.

Drg can be a very borring class, if your going to do it, do something else at the same time, because it is a total waste to do nothing for the 75% of the time that your not being accepted into parties.
              Learning > Intelligence > Experience. Weak minds are subject to experience before realization. Inteligent minds understand quickly with minimal experience. Learned minds excersise knowledge gained from study, and do not require experience to reach realization. Which is your claim?

Comment

war/whm ftw! lol

he's right tho. if it's your first time playing, war/whm is ok for the early levels. you will need /whm levelled later on anyway, and you will eventually need thief levelled to 15 (for certain soloing circumstances) but you don't have to do that right away if you don't want to.

i still reccomend you level monk next, simply because monk levels fast and easilly, and is a good sub for war. An inexperienced player can have mnk levelled to 15 in a couple days. white mage takes a tiny bit more skill.

as a taru, white mage and black mage are good jobs to have leveled in any case.
                Last edited by aegina; 11-02-2005, 05:33 PM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                I live to entertain!

Comment

My character is actually a Galka. I just hought the Samurai and Paladin armor looked cool on a Taru lol (that is why they are in my sig image). Thanks a bunch for this input guys. I have plenty of time to decide exactly what I want to do, so, I might decide to go with something else. I have a friend who is a lvl 66 Samurai, so he could help me if I go with that job. =D

Comment

lvl every job to 30 you'll need most of them eventually and it gives you an idea what each job is about.

Comment

Originally posted by TGNExtendedGamer
                      I currently have a Warrior around lvl 13-15 and want to become a Dragoon. Is there anything I should do to prepare? This advanced job really interests me, and I wanna make him be a really good character. What do I do when I get around lvl 18-20? How do I make the transition? Also, what should I expect. I noticed in other threads that it is hard to find a party. I am willing to deal with that. What else can I expect? Is it a hard job?
                      Just my opinion... get THF to 30 after WAR to 30 so you can easily farm with THF/??? at Valkurm dunes, Palborough Mines, or that sort so you can obtain good money. (Besides that, you'll obtain tons of money if you keep signet on when you level Thief.) Then use that money to take BLM to 17 and Warp and then WHM to 37 so you can take DRG up a long ways. With DRG/WHM, you'll be able to farm and solo quite well. (You can level MNK I guess to sub with WAR, however I've always just gone with WAR/THF or THF/WAR.) After you get DRG to 50 or so, you should just as well take any possible sub you think of using up to 37 at the very least.

That's pretty much what I've done. However, had I known earlier about HB, I'd of used DRG/WHM much sooner.

As for the polearm skill, it would be wise to use 30WAR to level polearm skill to the maximum so you won't have to level polearm for a decent amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X