X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add ranger to the list

of jobs I outdamage!

With this new patch the effects of distance on power and accuracy of ranged attacks is clearly visible. Too close and you've got no power or accuracy, too far away same thing. The ranger missed almost all of his weapon skills, and I was outdamage her ranged attacks as well.

Good time to be leveling dragoon.
    Last edited by Impaction; 07-20-2005, 04:48 AM.

Re: Add ranger to the list

the lowdown is rangers now have to play more technically, their power is still great, they just have to know how to play the job

every job has it's pros and cons, i feel like square did this to balance out the game

another example is the nin nerf, people are choosing nin over war for tank, and people have forgotten tha a monk can also tank, this is definitly a move to balance the jobs

i just hope blm never gets nerfed tho ahaha :- P
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

of jobs I outdamage!

With this new patch the effects of distance on power and accuracy of ranged attacks is clearly visible. Too close and you've got no power or accuracy, too far away same thing. The ranger missed almost all of his weapon skills, and I was outdamage her ranged attacks as well.

Good time to be leveling dragoon.
      LOL i dont know how BAD your RNG must have been then lol. I was doing crazy damage last night. i think the update boosted damage on RNG if your smart on wear you stand.

Close up on Dhalmels: 80-85 dmg
      Medium distance away on Dhalmels 110-120
      A little bit further and I was hitting for 140-150
      and really far away i was hitting for 135ish

*btw using a gun*

All this update did was screw our chances of pulling of a SC with a THF >.> but still I out damaged all the other melees (DRK and SAM)
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know people would be in an uproar if they weakened RNG. It's quite possible they allowed RNG a dmg boost with proper placing to help equalize the dmg reduction in most other positions.

Mainly this really helps equalize jobs in any situation that involves kiting.
        4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy
          LOL i dont know how BAD your RNG must have been then lol. I was doing crazy damage last night. i think the update boosted damage on RNG if your smart on wear you stand.

Close up on Dhalmels: 80-85 dmg
          Medium distance away on Dhalmels 110-120
          A little bit further and I was hitting for 140-150
          and really far away i was hitting for 135ish

*btw using a gun*

All this update did was screw our chances of pulling of a SC with a THF >.> but still I out damaged all the other melees (DRK and SAM)
          What were you doing dmgwise pre-patch? If you dont mind me asking?
          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Even if rng is able to do equal or greater amounts of damge, and escape more easily with utsusemi, the cost of pulling hate is much higher as the mob runs from ideal placement for all, not just the ranger. It becomes much more problematic for PTs with a thf or /thf. Maximum damage is now a very specific condition, and more finicky to create.

HNMs, no question, ranged attacks do significantly less than before.

There is little doubt in my mind that rng has been 'nerfed'.

Comment

RNG may still hit hard from a distance in the right place, but tp generation is way down now that you cant melee for extra tp.

Comment

Not to mention in cramped camps you might be the first to nab an aggro at such a great distance.

It does seem like more of a balance than a nerf. Difficulty finding a good distance is situational just like keeping a wyvern alive is situational.

Comment

Working...
                X