Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of this looks hella hard compared to other AF quests. It'll be hard to convince people to travel all the way to W. Altepa, and even harder to get them to travel through the hellhole Eldieme. A coffer key in the Cauldron, and a double boss fight in Uggalipeh also seem next to impossible.

Did you guys get through this with relative difficulty? There aren't many high level EN players because they keep quitting.

Comment

People hype up the fights too much, it's all easy stuff. I had full AF by 56, I'm sure you could lazily get it by 60, easy enough. Ifrit's isn't a problem, if you can't get a pt to go try asking a BST, they exp there off coffer mobs 24/7. My AF3 fight was over in about 90 seconds.
      My stuff~

Comment

Re: AF quest : courtesy of Cobbi chan

Yes AF3 is EASY. For one thing you only have to kill one of the shadow and let the other despawn. I had a 75 RDM and a WHM duo it for me. Hell the WHM didn't even much at all, just watch out for repops in the room. Any 60+ tank can tank it pretty easily.

Thanks to Bila for the signature

Comment

How would you let it despawn?

Comment

If you have a BST or SMN have them pull one with their pet. If you don't, cast Sneak on a puller and have them use a Range Attack or Spell. They don't link but they do aggro. My RDM was able to safely pull it and took it back to the middle of the room. If you take a while to kill it like I did since it was only a RDM and a level 57 DRG, the other shadow will despawn. It will count as a kill though so you can go up and check the ??? once you kill the one shadow you pull.

Thanks to Bila for the signature

Comment

So when it pops and you haul ass they don't auto-aggro like the leeches in Ninja quest?

Comment

Edit: My mistake.

WARNING: They are undead so they WILL see through your Sneak if you're in yellow health.
                Last edited by Impaction; 08-09-2005, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Getting Dragoon AF isn't hard so long as you keep your wits with you. You don't need uber high-level help (honestly, I never had any except for people who were skilling up in my coffer parties). You won't have to worry about bombs if you stay near the entrance - most of the mobs near the entrance drop the key you'll need. Bees are annoying at most, but you could be fighting bombs.

As for AF3, I believe you need to have your wyvern out to spawn the shadows. I read it somewhere, but I never tried without so I'm not quite sure. Better safe than sorry, I always say.

Comment

Working...
                  X