Dark Knight Quest Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Knight Quest Question

I just had a quick question I couldn't find an answer to.

I got the 100 kills using the sword and doing just vanilla attacks (no weaponskills or spells). Can I job change out of Warrior back to my Red Mage main Warrior sub to make the trek to Beadeaux, or do I need to do the whole thing as a Warrior main equipped with the Chaosbringer?
    My character's name is Cadar on Cerberus.

Warrior-19
    Red Mage-55
    Dark Knight-55

Re: Dark Knight Quest Question

You need to be able to equip the Chaosbringer when you zone into Beadeaux.

Comment

That sucks, lol. Thanks, means I'm going to have to aggro-dodge or grind a little as a Warr.

Thank you, that'll save me a long walk.

EDIT: Probably a dumb question, but does my Warr class need to be 30, or am I good since I'm already on the quest? Red Mage is my lvl 30 class which is my subjob.

Warrior-19
      Red Mage-55
      Dark Knight-55

Comment

no you can go has lv 1 if you want

Comment

It's a somewhat short run if you have the OP, just pack some Powder and oil or ask a friend to Sneak/Invis you as you run that way.

And it has to be on Warrior. Paladins can't equip Chaosbringer and you won't have DRK unlocked at that point.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Thanks all. Now any idea how to get to Beadeaux from Bastok? I'm sucking with FFXI Atlas.

Warrior-19
            Red Mage-55
            Dark Knight-55

Comment

<.< the wiki is your friend, seriously.

South Gustaberg -> North Gustaberg -> Kons. Highlands -> Passhow -> Beadaux.

Once you're in the highlands, take the north-east exit (NW leads to Valkurm) and then go north a bit inside passhow then pretty much straight east. The entrance to beadaux is in the lower-right corner of the map. You'll only need sneak in passhow afaik to avoid quadav aggro.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Thanks much. I'm going to spend a bunch more time this weekend with the maps on the Wiki, it's all confusing. I think it's mostly the game itself that's intimidating, since I've played on/off for several years but never got far, and have spent most of my time playing World of Warcraft where everything is just easier, I'm not used to playing an MMO more hardcore like this. I'm lovin' it though.

Warrior-19
                Red Mage-55
                Dark Knight-55

Comment

I did that with my WAR9. My WAR is still a level 9. I used neither sneak nor invis (or silent oil/prism powder). I would recommend them, however.

I would also recommend getting a scroll of instant warp (by trading 10 conquest points). That way, after the cs, you can warp back without having to retrace your steps as a low level. Protip brought to you by Dauntless.
                  Valefor - MyLittleChocobo (Click for info!) LS Member - Ahulane
                  DRK70 - PLD32 - RDM30 - WAR30
                  RIP SayWhatNow, DreamsInVanadiel

Comment

Wait, hold on. You don't need the Chaosbringer equipped when you zone into Beadeaux.

The only requirement for the Dark Knight unlock quest is that you have to land the killing blow on 100 enemies with the Chaosbringer, and that the sword is in your inventory when you zone into Beadeaux. You don't have to be on any specific job to accomplish any of this, except for the part where you have to kill things with the sword with regular hits (note: NOT weaponskills!), since only Warriors and Dark Knights can equip it (and since you won't have Dark Knight unlocked when you get the quest... yeah).

A level 30 Red Mage should need nothing more than Sneak to get to Beadeaux. Everything that is aggressive in Pashhow Marshlands detects by sound, and there's hardly anything in Konschtat Highlands that will attack a level 30 (except rams, but if you can't see those coming, you're blind).

Icemage

Comment

Derp. Icemage is right.

Comment

Working...
                      X