+ACC or +ATK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +ACC or +ATK?

If ACC is better, how much more +ATK than +ACC would make you choose +ATK over +ACC?
    Ex. Would you get a +3ACC ring or +6ATK? etc.
    I know getting both is good, but which one + more? I'm playing a lvl 50 Drk/war Hume.
    I'm also looking at lv49 Barbian's scythe DPS: 8.64 DMG:76 Delay:528 Accuracy-5 Attack+25
    vs. lv 50 Cobra Unit Gsword DPS: 9.33 Delay:405 MP+8 Attack+7.
    I have +21ACC from belt, glove and rings.
    Last edited by ragingchakra; 01-07-2009, 06:59 PM.

Re: +ACC or +ATK?

Originally posted by ragingchakra View Post
    Barbian's scythe DPS: 8.64 DMG:76 Delay:528 Accuracy-5 Attack+25
    At level 62, I still use barbarian's scythe with a life belt (or potent belt) macro'd in to offset the -5acc. +25atk and +5acc + 8.64dam is a good weapon to me.

ps. get both a GSword and a scythe. If you're using only one or the other, your doing it wrong.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I personally went with +ACC route. Bigger numbers are nice, but its better to hit for slightly less but more often. ACC is especially important against IT++ mobs during leveling and when you get Guillotine.

Scythe is a big delay weapon. Missing once hurts. Twice is cringeworthy. Thrice is facepalm. If you're working the SC, that ACC could make the difference in xp chains. I go ACC gear + sushi. If I'm hitting the mob pretty constantly, I'll try a bit w/out sushi. If my hit rate is acceptable, I eat meat and pray for good tanks. ^.^`

Comment

I always had some focus on accuracy since DRK doesn't have a whole lot of it. Attack comes with the STR gear that I would macor in, so that might be your best bet.

Chocobo Knights on YouTube!
        http://www.youtube.com/FomorViceroy

Comment

Maybe check the date of the last post before adding nothing of any real value.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
            At level 62, I still use barbarian's scythe with a life belt (or potent belt) macro'd in to offset the -5acc. +25atk and +5acc + 8.64dam is a good weapon to me.
            Scythes - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Bone Scythe +1 - DPS 9.69

Ivory Sickle +1 - DPS 9.92

Neither of them have any penalties. And gear for Accuracy, because it's your most vital stat (next to Haste) and DRK already gets 4 Attack bonus traits anyway.

And I would take a Falcastra over Barbarian's Scythe. -acc is very, very bad especially with Scythe's high delay. Attack +25 is juicy to be sure, but hit rate matters above all else.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Viceroy View Post
              I always had some focus on accuracy since DRK doesn't have a whole lot of it.
              Let's see - two A-ranked weapons, both of which are two-handed (and thus got the boost to Accuracy from the two-hander update), Absorb-DEX (which 1.5x as potent, again thanks to the two-hander update), and for good measure, Absorb-Accuracy!

Not to say that you shouldn't gear more for Accuracy anyway (pretty much anybody swinging a weapon should, right after Haste), but to say that Dark Knights are lacking in it? Hi2u 2004.
              Last edited by Yellow Mage; 12-13-2009, 08:38 PM. Reason: I actually kinda miss all the "Dark Knight missing" jokes. I miss them like a Dar-! . . . oh, wait.
              Originally posted by Armando
              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
              Originally posted by Armando
              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                Not to say that you shouldn't gear more for Accuracy anyway (pretty much anybody swinging a weapon should, right after Haste), but to say that Dark Knights are lacking in it? Hi2u 2004.
                And yet the game still has a funny way of bitch slapping people. Either that or I have the worst luck ever. Lately I've been having far, far too many misses on both RNG & DRG despite merits & buff jobs present. It's something I like to call "Diablo II syndrome" because there were so many times where I'd come across a weak little monster that I had capped (95%) accuracy against, yet still manage to miss 8+ swings in a row before landing a killing blow. FML lol.

That little rant aside, you should never have to worry about attack on DRK, ever.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                X