Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rings for lvl 75

Greetings,

It seems lately (though I could be wrong) that on several drk threads Ive read people posting "lolstr rings" for high lvl dark knights. I realize we have a high base str and there are many other gear slots that utilize this attribute. I dont have access yet to a Rajas ring (and wont for a while sadly) so what would you all suggest?

Re: rings for lvl 75

Sniper's / Woodsman for TP, macro in lolstr rings for WS.

I'm guessing the "lolstr rings" is more aimed at players who TP wearing Flame Rings, as +acc is going to do more for DoT than STR.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I think this post is kind of old but, in my opinion, tping in sniper rings at end game is pointless. given you're in a merit party in Mire or Thickets or w/e-- i've used +5 acc and rarely missed (with sushi and +120 atttk 50str). i say, if you have the money use str/attk gear with little acc gear and sushi, just don't worry too much about it. but if you dont have the money, i guess snipers would be ok if you want to use meat.

and yes, sniper rings are good for DoT. yes.

drk is not DoT.
      Last edited by Tipsy; 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM.
      In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
      And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
      Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
      Yeah, It’s true.
      It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
        I think this post is kind of old but, in my opinion, tping in sniper rings at end game is pointless. given you're in a merit party in Mire or Thickets or w/e-- i've used +5 acc and rarely missed (with sushi and +120 atttk 50str). i say, if you have the money use str/attk gear with little acc gear and sushi, just don't worry too much about it. but if you dont have the money, i guess snipers would be ok if you want to use meat.
        That's basically why I was suggesting Sniper's, so the OP could eat meat. In the Mire, I've been eating meat since level 73 and have had no accuracy issues. But then, I also have Aggressor. I really don't know how much +acc and/or Scythe (or GSword) merits a DRK would need to be able to eat meat in the Mire and still get 90%+ hit rate there.

drk is not DoT.
        Well, any time that you aren't doing a WS, you're doing DoT. It might not be comparable to the DoT being put out by a MNK, WAR or NIN, but it's DoT nonetheless. The consensus these days is that STR doesn't do nearly as much for melee attacks as +attack or +acc. While wearing STR rings does give +attack as a side benefit, using acc rings would allow most players to swap out acc in other slots for even larger amounts of +attack (e.g. swapping out Lifebelt for Swordbelt +1), or perhaps acc for haste (e.g. wearing W. Turban instead of O. Hat).
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

drk is not DoT.
          the general thought is that A+ skill jobs (you're using scythe? if you're drk/nin with some combination of axe/sword then it's more important to use sushi) should use meat

because meat > sushi, in terms of magnitude of bonuses. (curry etc) and you can get more attack and accuracy combined, by using meat + acc gear, than you can be using sushi + attack gear. (I realize 120 attack is impressive, you would keep attack on your body, earrings, back, feet. - usually about 40-50 attack depending on gear and replace rings, waist, neck, etc with accuracy - I've seen darks with 60+ accuracy overall (with 276 skill and 100 dex, you would cap out at ~47 accuracy from sushi) so you would have +60accuracy and upwards of +160-200 attack, eating meat, instead of ~+60 accuracy and around +120 attack, eating sushi.

to be more specific would require creating specific gear kits, etc. but generally speaking, the +acc gear and (high level) +meat are more expensive, and require an A-/+ weapon to really justify.

it's got alot more to do with style than anything, but the +5 strength ring is only adding +2.5 attack and having a negligible effect on per hit damage (assuming a PDIF of 1.0, +5 strength would add approximately 1 damage per hit, if you are doing ~100 per hit, this is a +1% dot).

comparatively, a +5 accuracy ring will increase accuracy by approximately 2.5% (assuming that you are not already above 93% accuracy, at which point it would take you to cap.) given the worst case dot improvement (92.5 -> 95%) this is approximately a 2.7% dot increase) best case (20% to 22.5%) this is an 11% dot increase.
          Grant me wings so I may fly;
          My restless soul is longing.
          No Pain remains no Feeling~
          Eternity Awaits.

Comment

I TP in STR rings as a Warrior >.> at least when I'm on sushi or when I'm fighting imps.

I see nothing wrong with them -- especially @75. The best thing a melee can do is have gear that varies with mob. I wear a lot more acc on mamool and puks than I do on trolls, for instance.

So in general, I agree with Tipsy. Anyone who says "lolSTR rings" doesn't understand how this game works. There's a time and place for everything. Str rings if you're meleeing Kirin may not be a great idea, but they're just dandy against Colibri or weapons.

And yeah, DRK technically aren't designed to be a DPS class, but I believe any good DD works towards it anyway. A Drk with 45% haste is at least as scary as a WAR with 45% haste.

Tipsy: I love your anti-leet gif in your sig.
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I see what all of you are saying, and you all have good points. I guess to each his own, personally I like loading up on Attack gear and STR, and using Sushi. Mainly due to the fact of how I like the way my armor looks nah, I've come believe that STR isn't just a great mod for WSs or just another way of getting +Attk but, also raises the roof to which you can deal dmg. And as Dark Knight, most of my TP is from ABS-TP (60-80 per fight) and the swings I do wait on, I'd much rather have their peak open, no limits.

But that's just soly my opinion, I know there's more effective ways out there, but that's how I'm comfortable playing.
              In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
              And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
              Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
              Yeah, It’s true.
              It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Working...
              X