Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Spinning Slash Equip macros do you use?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Spinning Slash Equip macros do you use?

Just dinged 65 and looking forward to picking up Spinning Slash at long last. Thf sub is leveled, Vassagoe's getting swapped for a myrthril heart, and Hauby/Amemit+1/BCore are all equipped.

So, I know that the last thing I want to max out my SS is a good equip swap macro. For my accuracy set I'll use this-
    Acc Set (alla profile, haven't set one up here yet)

I still haven't finallized a WS macro, so I was wondering if you guys could share what you use. I'm thinking no more than 6 pieces of equip to keep it all in one macro. I know the key one to focus on is +STR, but should I give any space to attack on intelligence? Right now I've picked up-

Victory ring- Str +4
    Victory ring- Str +4
    Enke Bracelet- Str +7
    Spike Necklace- Str +3

No idea what to use for last 2 slots, any ideas? I'd love to break +25 str though I think this might be pushing it. Also going to macro in some +drk into my absorb STR macro and fire that off before handas +30 str sounds pretty solid.

Should I focus on any other stats? What type of damage boost will this setup throw me? And lastly, should I use these equip macros with SATA cross reaper? Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Re: What Spinning Slash Equip macros do you use?

Since Spinning Slash is being used in conjunction with Sneak Attack, you don't need to have on +acc at the moment (aka TP gear) of usage. However, be wary that if you're not aligned perfectly, SA effect will not trigger and you'll have this incredibly high % of actually missing (SS is a very inaccurate WS from my own experience using it on both /THF and /WAR builds)

If you're able to, you can put in any +INT piece of equipment. Spiinning Slash modifier is 30% INT and 30% STR, if I remember correctly. However, it doesn't really matter, since TP is the driving force of the overall damage (For example, 300% always give you better damage than 100%) So you may see a difference between 100% and 150% and it's almost always due to the TP triggering the damage.

However, bear in mind that there is diminishing returns on +STR builds and I've even read accounts on how +atk might work better than +STR in certain builds/situation. I don't actively play DRK anymore and as such I have not been up-to-date (Plus I don't lurk on KI anymore)

Comment

Thanks for the rep Aeni, but I'm going to have to disagree on a few points.

If you're able to, you can put in any +INT piece of equipment. Spinning Slash modifier is 30% INT and 30% STR, if I remember correctly. However, it doesn't really matter, since TP is the driving force of the overall damage (For example, 300% always give you better damage than 100%) So you may see a difference between 100% and 150% and it's almost always due to the TP triggering the damage.
      It's 30% STR 30% INT making STR the primary modifier, on top of the fact it''s calculated 3 times into ws damage. I'd agree that there are diminshing returns on +STR, but as a hume aiming around +35 str from equip/ws macro (at 66!), I doubt it will really effect me that much.

Also, I'm quite sure a good ws build will show you more damage than just more tp. Other weaponkskills like groundstrike or spiral hell are extremely powerful at 300%, but what rocks about SS is it's consistentlystrong damage at 100% tp. The best way to increase that dmg therefore is WS builds, not slowing the SC with more tp.

I appreciate the time though, and I'm quite active in drk, and I was more looking into what equip pieces/sets other drk's suggest. Any help?

Comment

I had 2 macros for gear swap around your level

Head: Chaos Burgeonet
        body: Haubergeon
        hands: Enkelados' braclets
        legs: Royal Knights Leggings
        Feet: Rutter Sabatons
        Rings: victory rings x2
        mantle: amemit +1
        belt: vagabond belt(i think thats the name; stats +3 str +5 atk
        ear1: triumph earring
        ear2: triumph earring
        neck: spiked necklace

thats about what i had back then

What I use now, and what you should consider at higher levels;

Head: Wyvern Helm (or +1)
        Body: Plastron / Hetacomb Harness
        Hands: Enkelados' Bracelets
        Legs: Royal Knights Leggings
        Ear1: Triumph Earring
        Ear2: Triumph Earring
        Ring1: Flame ring
        Ring2: Flame ring
        Feet: Rutter Sabatons / Hetacomb sabatons
        Belt: Warwolf belt
        Weapon: Balin's sword
        Neck: Light gorget (if sea access) or spiked necklace
        back: Forager's mantle

I had +61 STR total if i remember correctly, then sole sushi to +66. Abs str to +80 even, and you can get a BRD song +90 or more.

In the end, for all your WS 65+, go ALL out STR, every piece of equip should be STR or Attack. You can get the INT from ABS INT, so don't worry about it, it has minor affect anyway.

Sorry if I forgot something, havn't played DRK for awhile
        Last edited by Tipsy; 05-18-2006, 04:23 PM.
        In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
        And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
        Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
        Yeah, It’s true.
        It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by Taebus
          Also, I'm quite sure a good ws build will show you more damage than just more tp. Other weaponkskills like groundstrike or spiral hell are extremely powerful at 300%, but what rocks about SS is it's consistentlystrong damage at 100% tp. The best way to increase that dmg therefore is WS builds, not slowing the SC with more tp.
          The problem is remedied (usually) with martial weapons. I can rip out a 150% TP Spiral Hell on SATA easily pumping out 800+ on Hakutaku and gain TP faster than a THF/NIN 2-3 levels higher than myself. TP gaining post 71/72 is not even an issue anymore.

In meripo, DRK/WAR|SAM > DRK/THF, Guillotine > SATA + Spin, because the monsters die too fast to even bother setting up a SATA. Hence, TP burn (Just WS spam) Since your point here is to get the 100% TP fast and just push out the WS the potency of SS at 100% is meaningless anyhow. It was good 66-72|73, but not so desirable afterwards.

On HNMs, you'd want 300% TP ... that's bare minimum to do anything substantial and worthwhile. Ground Strike is usually sought after, since it can open and end Level 3 chains, usually in conjuntion with the army of SAMs that tag along in the alliance.

Also, SE promises to make changes so that DRKs will want to use Scythe instead of Great Sword. Hence, you need to stop milking that one-trick pony and look to other options/explore other ways of reaching full potential on DRK.

Comment

The problem is remedied (usually) with martial weapons. I can rip out a 150% TP Spiral Hell on SATA easily pumping out 800+ on Hakutaku and gain TP faster than a THF/NIN 2-3 levels higher than myself. TP gaining post 71/72 is not even an issue anymore.

In meripo, DRK/WAR|SAM > DRK/THF, Guillotine > SATA + Spin, because the monsters die too fast to even bother setting up a SATA. Hence, TP burn (Just WS spam) Since your point here is to get the 100% TP fast and just push out the WS the potency of SS at 100% is meaningless anyhow. It was good 66-72|73, but not so desirable afterwards.
            As I've just hit 66 and the original post asked what SS equips people suggest at these levels, fast and powerful SATA SS is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment. I can't use martial weapons yet, and I'm fighting xp mobs. Hence the OP.

Also, SE promises to make changes so that DRKs will want to use Scythe instead of Great Sword. Hence, you need to stop milking that one-trick pony and look to other options/explore other ways of reaching full potential on DRK.
            Again, at the moment SATA SS is an excellent combination. I've parsed myself as a drk/war hitting guillotines, a drk/thf with cross reaper, and a drk/thf with spinning slash. At the moment, Spinning Slash has the highest dmg and easily the best SC and MB damage, not to mention untouchable hate control. In my opinion (and whoever else suggests the skillchain) this is well worth the lower DOT I get compared to Drk/war on scythe. Again, this at these levels.

I appreciate your responses Aeni, but I was simply looking for equip suggustions. And I don't think you calling SATA SS a "one trick pony" is any more fair than sitting back and spamming guillotines. A good drk brings more to a party than weaponskills, but when I use weaponskills I want them to hit as hard as they can.

edit- And thanks seraph, I'm one level too low for the triumphs, but I picked up a vagabond's belt today.

Comment

I swap out my hat for my Chaos Burgeonet and the +4 STR, two Puissance Rings at +3 each, my Spike Necklace for +3 more, and my RSE feet for another +3 strength. This makes it go from +9 in normal gear up to +25. I would like to get some Victory Rings, but they're 4 million each on my server. :\ Otherwise, not sure what I might upgrade to once I hit 70. On the plus side, I did manage to smack down Maat today with a swarm of Guillotines.

Comment

Working...
              X