Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm using an Arondight right now until I get a Balmung/Nagan. The Arondight is the only GS around my level that gives 12 TP per strike. I don't care about your DPS calculations, I like getting 12 TP per hit. If I had it my way, I would probably use a Mythril Heart until Balmung/Nagan, but it is not easy to get. I've killed Frostmane twice, it didn't drop the Lockheart. There have been only three Mythril Heart transactions on my server's history, the first two were people selling it to themselves, the third was for 1,300,000 gil. I'm not spending that much gil for 1 more base damage. The one base damage more makes a very small difference. I might add that the sword is very cliche looking, while the Arondight looks cool. Its additional effect: water damage is nice to have as well. You'll notice that it kicks in much more often when killing weaker monsters, but it does go off on ITs from time to time. The Arondight is a perfectly acceptable GS to tide you over until you get a Balmung or a Nagan. I'm torn between the Balmung and Nagan in terms of which I think is better, though. The Balmung has 4 less base damage than the Nagan, but has +5 accuracy, +13 attack, and looks cooler. I must say though, as a Hume, I'm not a fan of the -5% HP. Nagan has a higher base damage, +10 HP, +2 DEX and +2 VIT, and has the same crooked design but is lighter blue. Very soon my linkshell will be fighting Fafnir, so getting a Balmung isn't very unrealistic anymore. If I were to get one, it would be the sword I would use for the rest of my time as a DRK.

As for your guide, Awntawn, I thought it was pretty good
    75DRK (deleted after a year and three months)/37THF/37WAR/37NIN/37WHM/
    Rank 10 Bastokan

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?21497

Comment

• This is a great guide.

Comment

• Lv. 40~44 a lot of people like Steel Musketeer (Bastok conquest) (gundam) helm, gloves, and boots. Though there aren't any useful stat bonuses, it's defense is quite high (higher than normal platemail at least). For chest and legs, they take San D'Oria conquest level 40. This suit is ideal, but quite expensive. For the economy player, substituting any piece you can't afford with platemail (tin can armor) is fine.

Being Elv and from SD, I have:

Ryl Squire's Chainmail DEF 31 DEX+1
        Ryl Squire's Breeches DEF 22 DEX+1 AGI+1

I decided last night to sacrifice DEF and grabbed a pair of Magna M Chausses (elv male rse)

Magna M Chausses DEF 12 DEX+2 AGI+2 HP+12 MP+12

Somewhat risky, I'll post later on if it pays off.

Sarnath - LinkShell: TribesofCain - Rank 5 - Sand'Oria

Comment

• amazing guide , simply the best drk guide out there, very nice job

Comment

• Nice job very easy read ^_^

Comment

• I don't know if someone told this already because I'm too tired to read the whole topic atm
              But wanted to say something a friend showed me today and I didn't saw it on the first page.
              Guilotine[sp]= additional effect of silence
              I actually don't how and when it works but today he silenced one of mages type saghanin in SSG(we were 75, they were EP to us - the ones near Minstrel Coat NM).
              Gokulo
              ~~ Tarutaru~~
              |RDM75|WHM38|BLM38|SMN62|DRK37|NIN37|

Comment

• Having a hard time finding a Mythril Lockheart. Currently 700k, but because I *know* I am not the only DRK trying to get this sword, the price is probably nearer to 1 million now. As with all things that is rare, like Vassago's and (yes) Zweihander. Even Darksteel Scythe is rare, believe it or not. From what I hear, there are only a very, VERY few people with smithing over 80 on Hades and that is why weapons with Darksteel (or anything higher) anything is quite pricey.

Zweihander +1 is like really rare as well. I think it sells for 2 mil if you can find someone who'll see it to you. Funny thing, Balin's and Martial are both 500k only. Stupid stupid stupid ... ; ;
                My Stats

Comment

• Oh man, best FAq i've ever read in my life! Thanks alot

Comment

• Re: Dark Knight F.A.Q./Guide

i must say this is one of the most indepth post on drk i have ever seen! i just starting lvling DRK, i am 10drk/5war. I instanly fell in love with the job DRK when i found myself soloing Tough monster at lvl 3 and higher. I just wanted to say your info gave me alot of info and thanks for taking the time to right it. I now have some where to tell people to look for info on DRK.

Comment

AWESOME GUIDE! Now Im just gonna read sum others to decide wheather or not I should change jobs.
                      Nice guys finish last...but since when was life a race

Comment

Your guide's been a lifesaver at times. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                        X