DNC Merits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNC Merits

Group One and Group Two merits mainly. I unlocked Fan Dance, but other then that, I have no idea what to do with this.

I had thought about meriting Haste Samba, but Fan Dance blocks the use of Sambas so I'm not sure now.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Ok, looking at this a little more, I think that I'll be fully meriting Closed Position. That would leave me with 10 merit levels for group 1 and 4 for group 2 to play with.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: DNC Merits

I went with the following:

Haste Samba: 5
    Reverse Flourish: 5

Saber Dance: 1
    Fan Dance: 1
    No Foot Rise: 3
    Closed Position: 5

It all depends if you plan on tanking / DD'ing a great deal. If so then you're more likely to distribute more points in to Saber/Fan Dance.

Comment

I had pretty much discounted Saber Dance for blocking Waltzes, and had thought about not doing Haste Samba because Fan Dance blocks Sambas. It appears that DNC group 1 doesn't really offer much else.

Currently thinking that the following might be the way to go.

Haste Samba: 5
      Reverse Flourish: 5

Fan Dance: 1
      No Foot Rise: 4
      Closed Position: 5

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Saber Dance is worth at least one point for when you're just dealing damage and don't need to cure people. The double attack boost is pretty high (initially) making it great for WS etc.

I consider closed position to be a waste of merits in all honesty, since it's nothing you can't make for easily enough with gear.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Of course, if you did Closed Position and gear, you're further ahead.

I still don't see when I wouldn't want Waltzes available, though taking one out of No Foot Rise or Closed Position to unlock Saber Dance wouldn't hurt anything on its own.

loose

Comment

^ you can always manually cancel it if you need Waltzes.

And my point was more that the two dances (I'm personally going saber & NFR) outweigh +15 acc & eva as they're unique effects.
            sigpic

Comment

Personally I wouldn't put more than one point in Saber Dance. Sure, there are the usual crowd of people that will play any job like it's a DD but Dnc can't compete with real DD jobs. The 15 acc/eva is very nice to have and frees up gear slots for other benefits such as haste and double attack.

Comment

That's sort of what I was thinking, though Mal is right unlocking Saber Dance is probably a good idea.

loose

Comment

How many points you dump into it is up to you, I'm maxing it out purely so I can turn it off if it's an emergency and then refresh it after, or keep canceling it manually when the timer is up to keep the DA% high.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X