Is cor/rng relevant anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is cor/rng relevant anymore?

I just got back on Corsair after spending a good amount of time with other jobs (dnc and pup), with the intent on going cor/rng. As I check out the Corsairs on my server, I notice most of them are subbed rdm or blm. None of them even bother going /nin anymore, and I rarely see cor/whm on my server either.

I just wanna know if cor/rng is even worth it nowadays and if so for what??? Is it only worth it for everything outside of Abyssea and VW??? I can do cor/rdm if needed, but if I don't have to I won't. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is cor/rng relevant anymore?

It wasn't relevant last I heard, but take that with a grain of salt.

/SAM was a thing a while back due to some new rolls and how voidwatch worked, but it's fallen off somewhat. I hear rumors of /WAR and /SCH being used for weather to boost Wildfire.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I could be horribly wrong (probably am) I think they are all /blm or /rdm for the MAB trait.
      Which boosts WildFire
      Which is a WS that works very well on a lot of tough mobs (VW, Legion…etc)
      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
      -Verth (90) Completed!!
      -Guttler (95) Completed!
      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

cor/nin ftw! dual wiel joyeuse and MK with a melee setup for + acc and +haste. Swap in racc for a WS blast of Slug Shot! I was a DD'n / support biotch with that setup blasting up 1-100 of Nyzul Isle in my static when 75 was cap. We got every piece of Nyzul gear for everyone. Ended up being like 6 pieces each for our whole static. Fun times... /reminisce
        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
        RANK 10 Bastok
        CoP: Done
        ZM: Done
        ToA: Done
        Assault rank: Captain
        Campaign Medal: Medals
        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I personally bounce around a lot with my COR sub jobs.

- /BLM & /RDM are great... and yes... it's for the MaB trait to augment their Wildfire WS. On beyond that, it's hardly worthwhile.

- /SAM is great too... if you have it leveled. Stack a bunch of Store TP and Regain gear... and use Hoarder's Roll (store TP)/Tactician's Roll (Regain) and you have yourself a VERY effective WS spammer. In most cases, you can self skillchain since your WS's will return something retarded like 75% TP.

- /DNC, /WHM & /NIN are also viable for mostly solo purposes if you're trying to avoid damage or keep yourself alive. Very few people use them these days because there are a ton of other jobs more fitting to solo in than COR is.

- /RNG is what I used when I was skilling up. Barrage is great... ranged attack delay was great... and stack that all with Triple Attack and Quick Draw... my skills flew by. But once that was done, I found that using ranged attacks was just too inefficient and costly to keep up when I could just /RDM and boost damage on Wildfire or /SAM and spam the shit out of them.

- /BRD is something I have yet to try personally... but it always struck me as having potential. Someone else may be able to tell you more... but the idea of rolling out 2 buffs and adding a song on top (gimped or not) felt like it would be greatly beneficial in a party setting.

Everything else is fairly "meh" imho

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
          99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
          99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Thanks for the input you guys!!! Much appreciated!!!

I saw maybe one cor/sam, but he barely did anything from what I remember... Do any of these new "changes" affect how often one spams /ra until there's enough tp to /ws???

Also, for /rdm and /blm, are people just subbing only for the MaB, or are there other "uses" for the sub aside from buffs perhaps???

Comment

/RDM is good for self buffs like Protect/shell etc... and BLM is great for ES and certain debuffs (sometimes...).

The changes they made to the RA delay are substantial and make spamming ra's a little more effective and efficient. That being said... bullets still cost a shitload of money. If your ultimate goal is to use an elemental WS like Wildfire, you're best off getting something dirt cheap like Bronze bullets. The damage associated with a bullet in no way effects the damage of an elemental WS. On the flip side... if you're spamming something like Slug Shot, you're going to want something more damaging than Bronze. In this case, I would advise against using anything higher than Steel to WS with. They're the cheapest for the damage they deal.

Also... try and look into macroing your bullets in and out for WS and regular ranged attacks. Macroing ammo does not reset your TP and will save you a lot of money if you TP in Bronze and WS in Steel.

Just some food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                /RDM is good for self buffs like Protect/shell etc... and BLM is great for ES and certain debuffs (sometimes...).

The changes they made to the RA delay are substantial and make spamming ra's a little more effective and efficient. That being said... bullets still cost a shitload of money. If your ultimate goal is to use an elemental WS like Wildfire, you're best off getting something dirt cheap like Bronze bullets. The damage associated with a bullet in no way effects the damage of an elemental WS. On the flip side... if you're spamming something like Slug Shot, you're going to want something more damaging than Bronze. In this case, I would advise against using anything higher than Steel to WS with. They're the cheapest for the damage they deal.

Also... try and look into macroing your bullets in and out for WS and regular ranged attacks. Macroing ammo does not reset your TP and will save you a lot of money if you TP in Bronze and WS in Steel.

Just some food for thought.
                I'm familiar with "the joys of bullet macroing", so that's not a problem. I remember tp loss only occurs on weapon change, not ammo change-- otherwise, I'd be losing out on tp if I'm pup and for whatever reason ran out of automaton oils...

Reading that bit about Wildfire and bronze bullets was a Godsend!!! I'm so used to getting bullets specifically for Slug Shot, even though I normally macro the good bullets in... At most, I've used Bronze Bullets when I was skilling up marksmanship, and back when my cor was low level.

Aside from using Bronze Bullets for Wildfire, I was always under the impression that Bronze Bullets for tping and then switching bullets for Slug Shot was frowned upon; that's to say one should be going for max damage with the same bullet (very costly), and there will be no need for bullet swapping with macros at that point I guess alot has changed since then.

Excluding Wildfire, is Slug Shot actually better than Last Stand??? I mean of all the responses I got, no one ever mentioned that /ws.

Comment

Last stand if merited 5/5 is actually really great. The fact that it doesn't suffer the same Accuracy penalties as Slug Shot make it worth it in my book. Also... being that it's a 2 hit WS and has some pretty nice TP feedback definately doesnt hurt.

The damage between the 2 WS is actually quite comparable and either one can pretty much be used in place of the other. Unless you have it merited 5/5 though... dont even think about it. The damage is pitiful until you cap it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                    Last stand if merited 5/5 is actually really great. The fact that it doesn't suffer the same Accuracy penalties as Slug Shot make it worth it in my book. Also... being that it's a 2 hit WS and has some pretty nice TP feedback definately doesnt hurt.

The damage between the 2 WS is actually quite comparable and either one can pretty much be used in place of the other. Unless you have it merited 5/5 though... dont even think about it. The damage is pitiful until you cap it out.
                    S'ok, to cap it, just go spend an hour in Abyssea and you're good. Abyssea ftw!!!
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X