Wild Card / Loaded Deck Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Card / Loaded Deck Combo

I have Loaded Deck merited at 3/5 (because Snake Eye is 1/5, Fold is 1/5, Winning Streak is 5/5). Was in Abyssea last night. Every time a chest with "Intense Soothing Light" popped, I always used WIld Card prior to opening that chest.

Someone said they noticed I kept resetting their 2-hour (due to me constantly rolling V or VI with Wild Card). Another person said, "it's because loaded deck is prob fully merited".

At some point, there was an argument there about how Loaded Deck does or does not affect spamming V or VI on Wild Card.

One person's claim was this:
    - Random Deal has a chance of getting back a used main job ability.
    - Loaded Deck gives Random Deal a chance of getting back a used subjob ability.
    - Loaded Deck, with that notation, kinda force Wild Card to roll V or VI to reset get ALL abilities back including 2-hours in that mix.
    (It was hard for me to accept this claim, as that person had COR leveled 13. He said he read up on it when he considered leveling COR.)

While I am certain that Wild Card and Random Deal/Loaded Deck run on two separate systems, can someone shed some light on this?

/em points at Omgwtfbbqkitten

Re: Wild Card / Loaded Deck Combo

>-> Loaded Deck affects Random Deal and ONLY Random Deal.

Loaded Deck - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Game Description: Focuses effect of Random Deal on abilities waiting on recast. Has a chance to fail if only one ability is waiting on recast.

There you go. Right from the game's help text. Yes, SE loves to be vague and add all kinds of hidden shit but this is pretty clear. People also love to make stupid claims based on eyeballing/hearsay, like spells that proc !! in Abyssea that actually don't because they've "Seen it".
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Re: Wild Card / Loaded Deck Combo

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      >-> Loaded Deck affects Random Deal and ONLY Random Deal.
      Thank you, sir. Now I can spread some knowledge.

Comment

Working...
      X