Bullets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullets...

Paktong Bullets, iron bullets and steel bullets. Could someone please tell me how much they cost on Kujata? From my desk at work I cant access AH.com or I would check myself. I'm just curious... since I'm currently lvling my COR and I'm almost lvl 50. I want to know if buying bullets is going to be as much of a money pit as it has been so far. 9k a stack for regular bullet bullets. I used 4 stacks the other night for an East Ron (s) party. 2 more stacks for solo in Qufim Island and now that I'm out, I wanted to know how much of a hole I'm going to be in to buy my bllets from 45-50.

Is there some kind of easier way to buy bullets that I'm not aware of. You know... besides dry humping an alchemist.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Bullets...

... fyi

COR ='s EPIC GIL SINK

... and I'm in the same "at work... Nazis don't allow access ... yadayada"

Good luck.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
      ... and I'm in the same "at work... Nazis don't allow access ... yadayada"
      Tell me about it. I work in the Operations Control Tower for the Airport. They have blocked the following websites:

Ebay
      Craigslist
      Google
      Youtube
      Facebook
      Myspace
      Allakhazam
      AH (SAD FACE)
      Wikipedia
      FFxi wiki (SAD FACE)
      FFXIatlas.com
      KillingIfrit.com
      ANY WEBSITE WITH THE WORD "game" IN THE NAME
      ...and a plethora of other websites. not sure how they filter them out, but they're clearly being monitered. They have yet to find me here... but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Comment

(1) Why in the blazing hell are you soloing? You're a COR - party support, the world is basically your oyster. Soloing on COR is a tremendous waste of time and gil. At least it is until you have a DNC sub and a multi-hit weapon, but even then its a waste of time if you could be EXPing in PTs. You cannot solo like a RNG can, your access to sleep is just too infrequent for it to be viable unless you're of a reasonable level in campaign.

(2) Paktong bullets bullets are not worth the effort of getting for the measly 4 DMG difference between them and the level 22 Bullets. Keep using Bullets until Iron bullets are available to you. Start using Iron Bullets at 50.

(3) Corsair forum, we have one.

(4) You're soloing because you don't have all the buffs for your level, aren't you?

Comment

Moved to Corsair forum. I kinda thought it was strange this was being asked in off topic. (I was thinking real bullets.)
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            (1) Why in the blazing hell are you soloing? You're a COR - party support, the world is basically your oyster. Soloing on COR is a tremendous waste of time and gil. At least it is until you have a DNC sub and a multi-hit weapon, but even then its a waste of time if you could be EXPing in PTs. You cannot solo like a RNG can, your access to sleep is just too infrequent for it to be viable unless you're of a reasonable level in campaign.

(2) Paktong bullets bullets are not worth the effort of getting for the measly 4 DMG difference between them and the level 22 Bullets. Keep using Bullets until Iron bullets are available to you. Start using Iron Bullets at 50.

(3) Corsair forum, we have one.

(4) You're soloing because you don't have all the buffs for your level, aren't you?
            I like lists... lemme try.

(1) I only solo'd from the bare end of 38-40. Mostly I just meleed with /nin. Kills went pretty fast. Dualwielding an archer's Knife and a Parrying knife got me decent TP and my merit Evasion stacked with NIN Roll and Hunter's Roll along with Book food and Book Regen was a great combo. I'd melee until 75% TP and then fire off 1 bullet followed by Split Shot. By that point the mob was usually dead. In total I maybe used a stack and the process took me only a little over an hour to do.

(2) Ok, I'll wait

(3) I posted the same thing here and on the Cor Forum. The Cor forum however... did not respond. Clearly this was the better choice after-all.

(4) I do. Although ultimately the only ones I ever need to use seem to be Hunter's Roll, Ninja Roll, Chaos Roll (sometimes), Healers Roll (sometimes) and Evoker's Roll now that I'm over lvl40. Oh! And Corsair's Roll... since more often than not, it's the only roll people bitch about having at all times. I was forced to solo from 38-40 because the East Ron (s) party I was in booted me after I failed to reroll Corsair's Roll before they killed a mob. Booted over an xp loss of ~25ish, mature.

Lists are fun...
            Last edited by Yygdrasil; 02-23-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
              (4) I do. Although ultimately the only ones I ever need to use seem to be Hunter's Roll, Ninja Roll, Chaos Roll (sometimes), Healers Roll (sometimes) and Evoker's Roll now that I'm over lvl40. Oh! And Corsair's Roll... since more often than not, it's the only roll people bitch about having at all times. I was forced to solo from 38-40 because the East Ron (s) party I was in booted me after I failed to reroll Corsair's Roll before they killed a mob. Booted over an xp loss of ~25ish, mature.
              It's stuff like this that makes me glad I've made a point of dodging Collibri parties. Sounds like they attract the dregs of the server.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                I was forced to solo from 38-40 because the East Ron (s) party I was in booted me after I failed to reroll Corsair's Roll before they killed a mob. Booted over an xp loss of ~25ish, mature.
                I hope anyone from that party freakwentz these forums to see my reply to this would be:

t(-.-t)

Yeah... I'm glad I have friends who make the parties I tend to be in. Those people were incredibly stupid... imHo.
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

[quote=Yygdrasil;872044 I do. Although ultimately the only ones I ever need to use seem to be Hunter's Roll, Ninja Roll, Chaos Roll (sometimes), Healers Roll (sometimes) and Evoker's Roll now that I'm over lvl40. Oh! And Corsair's Roll... since more often than not, it's the only roll people bitch about having at all times. I was forced to solo from 38-40 because the East Ron (s) party I was in booted me after I failed to reroll Corsair's Roll before they killed a mob. Booted over an xp loss of ~25ish, mature..[/quote]

Corsair's Roll is only to be used for the most efficient merit PTs and special situations. PTs that insist you use it all the time are only doing themselves a disservice. Additionally, if the main healer is a WHM, then Healers Roll + Evokers is critical to helping them keep MP up, especially at the lower levels where less +hMP gear is available.

And because everyone will want Corsair's Roll, you're going to have to withdraw one buff from each side of the PT to ensure both sides get Corsair's Roll. That means melees lose a melee buff and mages might lose out on Healer's Roll, which is a disservice to the PT again if the healer is WHM or SCH.

And obviously, they're always going to want Hunter's on Colibri since food buffs are consumed by colibri, so that eliminates Chaos, Fighter, Rouge and Samurai Rolls.

I rolled Corsair's Roll under one and only one condition - there's a Bard pulling. If I'm pulling there's just no way in hell I'm doing 90% of the work and depriving a PT of a buff on bother sides that would probably be better than Corsair's Roll.

If a BRD is pulling, though, that means I can forego Chaos Roll since he can do Minuet or that I can pass on Hunter's Roll since he can do Madrigal. Usually, though, since COR's Hunter's Roll is better than Madrigal (covers both ranged and melee accuracy) and the BRD has March while COR lacks any form of haste, that means the cycle can be broken down like this.:

For Melee:

Minuet
                  March
                  Hunter's Roll
                  Corsair's Roll

For Mages:

Ballad
                  Evoker's Roll
                  Corsair's Roll

The party will not lose anything in terms of performance this way.

But Hunter/Corsair and Evoker/Corsair in a PT with only a COR? You're actually going to get lower EXP per hour, the PT is clearly just content with the illusion of more EXP per hour when Chaos and Healer's could add some needed downtime reduction to the mix.

Without a RNG, SAM or THF, that means I have to pull as well (pack a box and some scorpion arrows, it pisses SAMs off, it might actually force them to put Seigan/Third Eye to good use for once).

Also, Ninja Roll - waste of time. It helps people evade. There's gear for that. Rolling Ninja Roll for a Ninja is like rolling Gallant's Roll for a PLD. Sure, its cute, but it does nothing for the melee.

Comment

Working...
                  X