Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Corsair Gear sets. Thoughts/suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Corsair Gear sets. Thoughts/suggestions?

I'm not saying that COR/NIN doesn't have its places, but if you are in merits and not pulling you should either have a more support-minded sub(/DNC) or a more offensive-minded sub(/WAR, /RNG, /DRG). /NIN gives literally nothing but shadows, while the other options all give at least if not more offensive boosts, with /DNC also offering backup healing ability and the other 3 being rather large upgrades in pure damage output.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Most merits im asked to come /rng. Also lately all my meirt pts consist of rdm/whm 3xSam brd and myself. No complaints here.
      Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

/RNG is typically the standard for newer, unmeritted CORs, as the 22 Acc/RAcc goes further when you are lacking Sword/Dagger/Marksmanship merits. I personally prefer /WAR for Berserk/Warcry, but I have 8 each Sword/Marks and a rather strong TP set. /DRG is pretty interesting if you have the gear to support it, though you need a solid party and discipline with your playstyle to get the most out of it and still not get your head caved in.

Comment

yeah i could imagine how ridiculus a cor would be with /drg and that added 6% haste and a joyeuse ^^

Comment

I still have no luck with getting myself a joytoy. Either I lose the support needed or the t.o.d. Im really in love with the job, so Im trying to get the best with what little play time i have. What event would be worth it time v.s. reward?

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Leaving your toon in SSG for a week to get that sword really is worth it. I've camped it so much for friends because it really s an awesome awesome weapon, but i digress, anyway...

honestly....the best IMO, event you could do, would be limbus, getting a solid limbus group of about 18 people, and doing omega once a week. you'll probably have everyones homam (except for the body) finished in about 2-3 months, AND you'll have farmed up a good number of ABC's, That homam gear is so broken, and unless you have it all for your thf you'll want it, and the mantles are just additional nice pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                Leaving your toon in SSG for a week to get that sword really is worth it. I've camped it so much for friends because it really s an awesome awesome weapon, but i digress, anyway...

honestly....the best IMO, event you could do, would be limbus, getting a solid limbus group of about 18 people, and doing omega once a week. you'll probably have everyones homam (except for the body) finished in about 2-3 months, AND you'll have farmed up a good number of ABC's, That homam gear is so broken, and unless you have it all for your thf you'll want it, and the mantles are just additional nice pieces.

I think he was asking for gear for his COR and COR can't equip homom. (5/5 homom btw, woot!) Agree, homom is the shit for any job that can use it. And no Malacite, I'm not talking about EVERY single piece of Homom over every other piece in the game.
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

No no, i hear ya mez, I was trying to relate it to time/usefulness. Jaeger mantle, and the other one for Attack are both really nice, I was saying limbus as opposed to einherjar, or sea/sky/land kings, or dynamis
                  Limbus is a really nice endgame event, that a dedicated group of 18 can fight and kill omega once a week, and get the best pieces of gear for Thf,pld,dark,drg,blu.

dynamis is 2-3+ hours for a chance at piece you need to fall
                  Einherjar takes a minimum of 3 runs to get to omega, if your shell has feather mules, and also it's still much more difficult than most endgame events (odin is cake, tier 3's are still ridiculus)

A side note about einherjar

Salvage, is pretty awesome, skadi stuf is nice, but you better have some bank to unlock it, a dedicated group, and captain rank helps out immensly for this event.

Nyzul i don't really consider endgame, but denali is very very awesome for Cor

Comment

Originally posted by cadoxangelus View Post
                    I still have no luck with getting myself a joytoy. Either I lose the support needed or the t.o.d. Im really in love with the job, so Im trying to get the best with what little play time i have. What event would be worth it time v.s. reward?
                    Limbus, Sky, and ZNM. AF+1 Head/Feet/Body and Enkidu's Body/Feet would be strong upgrades to your current gearsets, and you really do need CFGs, it's hard to overstate what a monster piece those are for COR shooting.

Comment

CGFs are a must and quite frankly, you're not going to be faced with a lot of competition on that item. Most linkshells will try to do Seiryu as minimally as possible because you're always going to have retards with frothing demand for kitty pants elsewhere in sky, so I would take the opportunity when its presented to you.

Well that and some idiot always breaks Bind or Shadowbind on Seiryu. To this day people handle that NM like morons so no one likes fighting it for the reason.

Comment

Ahhh yes the ole, CGF's.... also known as

"Curious Girl Friends"

yes there's nothing like a curious girlfriend, willing to try new things, like learning to throw knifes, and training to do jumping- jack marathons. CGF's are MUST HAVES.

*just playing bbq, you know i heart you*

Comment

Awesome, seems doable at this point. Im glad my gear sets didnt make anyone cry in horror. I try to do research and put all my effort into my purchases. Thanks again guys ^^
                          So my list for gear to get: CFG (Priority one), Joytoy, Af+1 body/feet/hat. Enkidu body/feet. LS leader stated, whatever the members need will be more important then selling drops, so maybe i can convince him to do atleast seiryu. At the moment i think im the only cor in ls which makes me feel somewhat important.

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Working...
                          X