Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Corsair Gear sets. Thoughts/suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Corsair Gear sets. Thoughts/suggestions?

Below are the links to ffxiah.com. Any suggestions to to improve these, would be appreciated.

QuickDraw-
    Item Sets - FFXIAH.com
    Cor/nin ranged tp-
    Item Sets - FFXIAH.com
    Cor/rng ranged tp-
    Item Sets - FFXIAH.com
    Sidewinder-
    Item Sets - FFXIAH.com
    Cor Melee-
    Item Sets - FFXIAH.com

Obviously some of these need improvements. Waiting on some things to sell to upgrade where needed. I took a few weeks break and heard about a bunch of new items for cor. otherwiki isnt working for me at the moment, so if you know please let me know.
    Thf75/Cor75- Time to work on this...

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Re: Current Corsair Gear sets. Thoughts/suggestions?

Alright, i'll give my input,

-Alot of this is gear your probably well aware off, but i'll just list it anyway.
    -Also alot of this gear is Rare/Ex that you need access to sky,sea,einherjar,nyzul to get. So if you don't have those, or don't care to participate in events from those "areas" then your pretty setup as is
    -I'll list improvments by set
    -I'll put an asterik next to the stuff that helps out a bunch

QuickDraw Sub /RDM plz ^^
    -Corsair's Gun (when you don't mind losing TP for QD)
    -Uggalephiah pendant
    -Those new earrings from the recent update, when paired together give you the equivalent of a moldivite, with +5 Mag. Acc.
    -Rover's Gloves (Bring along a rdm/nin, and a Thf friend with a nice Evasion setup and the 3 of you should be able to trio this guy around the large rock)
    -Denali Jacket *******
    -Any ring with more Agility as Agi contributes to QD's acc, and there's not alot of Mag. Acc. rings out there
    -Denali Kecks ******
    -Scouter's rope
    -Jaeger's mantle*****
    -Oily Trousers

cor/nin+rng TP
    -Joyeuse
    -Denali Jacket****
    -Crimson finger Gauntlet ( but serious congrats on those barbossa!!)
    -Jaeger Mantle ****
    -Buccaner's Belt****

Sidewinder...and by sidewinder i think you mean Slug shot/leaden Salute LoL these things happen
    -Breeze Gorget
    -TP gun and only shoot when you have 140+ TP (this bumps you into the next RAcc Category for Slugshot, with a Martial Gun's +100 TP bonus)

Corsair/nin TP gear **warning, i go all out with this set$$$$$$$$$**
    I don't have some of this gear, like Dusk Gloves +1, Barbossa's Zerehs, Velocious, however If i did this would be my build. I have oily trousers, swift belt****, and NQ dusk gloves inplace of those.

Item Sets - FFXIAH.com

Hope that helps, i might be missing something ... i'll double check when i get home.

***********Edit**********
    I actually have been wondering about this, as far as DDing and TP gains go
    Corsair has (might be wrong)
    Dagger skill B+
    Sword Skill C

Papillo Kirpan (or PK) + M. Kris VS. PK+Joyeuse VS. Joyeuse+M.kris

I have been meaning to see how this would work out, especially firing @ 140 TP
    Last edited by ShepardG; 01-19-2010, 10:02 AM. Reason: Thoughts on TPing

Comment

Slug shot is the one i meant lol. I just joined a new ls who does do HNM/sky/sea/ein/etc.etc. So hopefully i can get some upgrades. I do have 75thf with a few dagger merits, so maybe ill get a dagger to put in melee set.

The barb moufles were a huge luck. I used af2 gloves for a whole two levels. Jaegers is the ABC ranged acc or ranged atk?
      I cant find any HQ or Breeze rings on my server, I may have to find a crafter. Also no luck on scouters rope either. So besides the event like items, i can go after the rest with some help and luck. Thanks for the pointers man ^^
      Also, any clues where those nms spawn for the new items? no luck with filters at work.

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

QD

If you can't manage an Uggalepih Pendant, watch when your LS kills things for TP in Sky, the brown chests that they can drop can hold Caract Chokers if you can unlock them and get lucky.

Since your shell does Einherjar, Omega Ring will work fine for one of the slots, though I still like AGI rings since they double for Leaden Salute damage, while straight MAcc does not.

Other than that, do a good chunk of Nyzul and Limbus, Denali Jacket/Legs are huge, and AF+1 Head/Feet are big upgrades as well.

Ranged Sets

These look in good shape, just AF+1 Head/Feet/Body when you can get the mats. CFGs when you can manage them.

Slugshot

You're overdoing RAcc a bit here if you're using Sushi(which you should be), and those Kukris. Fit some STR in, Warwolf Belt and a Flame Ring or such. With the amount of RAcc you have there, there's no need to hold past 100 TP unless the mob is at a high amount of health and WSing will result in you getting eaten.

Melee TP

Martial Anelace is garbage for COR, if you can't get a Joyeuse or M.Kris at least get a solid 224~ delay sword or a dagger. Company Fleuret, Jambiyas, or Ermine's Tail are all solid, though without a Joyeuse/M.Kris I'd personally just shoot for TP.

Dusk Gloves/Feet, Swift Belt. If you really want to be fancy, Cuchulain's Mantle. You can also look into Lamina/Hyakinthos for Lava's/Kusha's Rings.

Cobra Harness, Skadi's legs, or Haste+3 Acc+7 Desultor Tassets, or since you appear to do those BCs, Barbossa's legs if you're very lucky.

You can check my sets in the link in my sig if you want other stuff to aim for.

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
        I actually have been wondering about this, as far as DDing and TP gains go
        Corsair has (might be wrong)
        Dagger skill B+
        Sword Skill C

Papillo Kirpan (or PK) + M. Kris VS. PK+Joyeuse VS. Joyeuse+M.kris

I have been meaning to see how this would work out, especially firing @ 140 TP
        COR has a B- in Sword.

The short answer is:

Any Dagger merits or 0 Sword merits = M.Kris
        8 Sword merits and 0 Dagger merits = Joyeuse
        Anything other than Greater Colibri = Joyeuse

PK will never beat either. Neither Joyeuse nor M.Kris should be used with Dual Wield on COR.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Barb gloves got lucky with a ???glove bazaar purchase. I own warwolf belt, and ill put in my str rings for slugshot. I still need to start nyzul for denali pieces. I'll sell the anelance and find a better dagger or sword then. I had it for some reason so i held onto it. Hopefully i can get mats to upgrade hat body and feet soon. If the ls doesnt work out, need a corsair? :D

Caleus-Fenrir-BACK!

Comment

Not us, lol. We have like 5 or 6 in an 18~ person LS, I never get to use mine as is

Comment

If you're looking at an elemental gorget I'd strongly advise Light over Breeze Gorget.

Light augments Detonator, Leaden Salute, and Slug Shot whereas Breeze only augments the latter.

Comment

There's also the mini-expansions, if you were to use them specifically for COR I'd recommend the following:

MAB+4/QD Delay-5 Mirke Wardecors
                STR+4 WSAcc+15/AGI+4 WSDmg+2% Anwig Salade
                Haste+3/Acc+7 Desultor Tassets(already mentioned, I know).

Comment

I do Nyzul runs in my static on COR, and I dual wield M Kris and joyeuse. I get to 100 Tp FAST AS SHIT. Now... I don't parse, I just eye ball, but how is that not the best TP set when equiping haste gear? I do get 100 TP faster than everyone else melee'n in our static and they melee in quality haste gear as well. (jobs are blu, sam, war)
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

You're slowing down the weapons by dualwielding them, single M.Kris or single Joy would TP faster.

Comment

Even by getting the DW trait from NIN and using Suppa? That makes you swing faster than single wielding, yes? All I know is I get TP alot faster by DW MK and Joy.
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

DW averages the delays of your two weapons for swing timer/TP calculations, by dualwielding a Joy with your M.Kris your effectively increasing the delay of the M.Kris and decreasing the number of chances for it to swing 2-3 times. I forget the exact 1/2/3 swing distributions and I'm too rusty to do the math on the spot, but it's definitely been proven before that single M.Kris will yield faster TP than DW'ing them.

If you have full Sword merits but no Dagger merits(making your accuracy the same regardless of which one you use) typically the extra base D of the Joyeuse will create enough DoT to even out the fact the M.Kris will TP slightly faster. On things that do not get a piercing bonus this will lean a bit further towards the Joyeuse, as well as situations where for whatever reason you end up holding TP past 100% often.

Comment

I dunno Calli, I haven't parsed either, but @ birds, and f'ing around in campagin on cor/nin I usually hit 100tp in 4-5 attack rounds, which with haste gear (I sit at ... 15% in gear)+ suppa, I usually crack off a slug on at least every other mob, sometimes i'll get lucky with twice, 2to3 times proc. and i'll SS like 8 birds in a row. I need to get aworking f'ing parser again ><

I do remember reading about how duel wielding will gimp you though with the added delay, but I thought taht was in regards to overall DoT, and not TP gains.... i'm probably mistaken though.

Comment

All that is also aside from the fact that NIN is a pretty shitty subjob for COR, especially in merits, but that's a whole other issue, lol.

Comment

I'll bite, as I'm vague on proper "cor play" ^^ What woudl be a better sub, I assume the optimal party is 1xhealer 1xbard 3xsam/war ? or 3x DD's?

Definetly not trolling i'm actually interested, as I've jsut always assumed /nin for shadows, is ranger better? I go Cor/Rdm to everything else, fyi as I love blasting shit with 400+ QD's ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X