Bronze Bullets...... REALLY???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze Bullets...... REALLY???

today i ran across a cor wielding bronze bullets and a peacemaker and i shook my head and he said i dont know much. What do i not know that bronze bullets are some kinda magical bullet all i thought they were for were for cheapskates. When i pull with my peacemaker i use steel because they deal decent dmg in the 100s when they hit the mob vs a few dmg. Plus all that tp over time can shoot ya a nice slug off once in a while. So who in there right mind would justify using bronze bullets as a 75 cor.
    TERA - Dark.Anubis 70 High Elf Preist - RETIRED
    WOW Ihornedyourmom 85 Tauren Paladin - RETIRED
    FFXIV - Sergei Volkov - RETIRED
    FFXI - Massaranger, Daytimes and Sunghee - RETIRED

Re: Bronze Bullets...... REALLY???

If you're pulling, it doesn't matter what you pull with. If you're focused on pulling and nothing else, Bronze will do the job just fine. You're not adding much to the mix aside from pull, pull, pull though you could still do a decent slugshot from time to time as you said if you macroed in steel for Slugshots.

Leaden Salute also isn't affected by bullet damage, it plays by different rules. Though for merits, I don't see people using that one.

But for Slugshots and Detonators with a Coffinmaker, Martial Gun or Murderer? Yeah, Bronze would be extremely gimp. Peacemaker would make it even worse. Anything less that Steel is gimp at 75 for Slugshot and Detonator. Not to mention low DMG on both bullet and gun weakens QD damage.

You'll see in the long term that COR is a class full of morons and cheapskates. Get used to it. They will think they are awesome because they can Refresh and EXP buff you.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I will sometimes grab regular Bullets for my COR is there are no Iron Bullets, Iron Ingots or Firesand on the AH (I always make sure the party is OK with it beforehand) so that I can at least pull and use Light/Dark Shot and generally function in a party. That is generally the only acceptable excuse I know of for using poor bullets.

I know that a lot of non Joytoy Corsairs will also use a cheaper bullet for TP before macroing in Steel for Slugshot/Detonator though most of the good CORs I have spoken to won't go lower than Iron Bullets for TP.

I have no idea why a COR would use Bronze Bullets for anything other than the reasons BBQKitten said above. It's like a SAM/RNG trying to TP with the Mumeito they get when the job unlocks or something then using Sidewinder. You are gimping your damage and dragging down the party in the long run.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

My buddies and I were trying to get thru the Airship fight for CoP and failing miserably... we found our Cor was using w/e the lowest bullets you could use (bronze? wood? idk). After we all pitched in for a stack or two of decent bullets we found out he didn't have most of the rolls we wanted for the fight. It was a very long night...
        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
          My buddies and I were trying to get thru the Airship fight for CoP and failing miserably... we found our Cor was using w/e the lowest bullets you could use (bronze? wood? idk). After we all pitched in for a stack or two of decent bullets we found out he didn't have most of the rolls we wanted for the fight. It was a very long night...
          May as well have just gotten a RNG at that point.

As long as the community continues to set such a low bar for support classes, support classes will pull this kind of shit because they can. Of course of the community treated support classes better at endgame, used them intelligently and treated them like people rather than items or a job to be relegated to the general member rather than a leader or sack, then people might start playing jobs like BRD and COR to potential and more intelligently.

But I've come to learn you can't fix stupid. I've moved on.

Comment

Bronze Bullet using Cor (in exp parties where they are DDing, and not pulling or trying to break a latent) really make me mad.

If I can pull, keep a consistent 3 rolls up, and DD, I darn well expectant other Cor to be able to seeing as how I tend not to be the best player around (I generally fall under the "pretty good" category)

If I'm DDing and keeping 4 rolls up, I can easily go through 3 stacks of bullets in a party, if not more. At 100k for a stack of pouches, that's in excess of 25k per party when you take food, tools, and possibly sneak/invis items into consideration. While I am pretty lax on my exp standards and don't care too much if people are goofing off, I do expect people to play reasonably well if I am putting that kind of gil into the party.

I also darn well expect Cor to have the rolls that they SHOULD have. You never plan on being in a pet party or something like that? That's fine, I don't expect you to have those rolls. Hunter, Chaos, Rogue's, Samurai and Fighter's rolls, in addition to Evoker's and the other magey Refresh one whose name eludes me at the moment, I do expect you to have however.

Now granted, you could make an argument for or against some of those rolls, but it is pretty common to see a Drk, War, Thf, or Sam in the party, not so much Rng for me though. And some of these rolls are a bit more attractive than others if you have the respective job in the party.

Cor takes alot of gil to play, but damn it performs well if you put the gil into it. Even then it doesn't take a ton of gil to play actually. With my current gil making methods I pull in more than I spend on ammo and stuff, however not a whole lot more than I spend on consumables, making it difficult to save up for a Mkris unless I put leveling Cor on hold.

/scratchs her chin thoughtfully.

Although, I have seen some people willing to merc the Joyuse for 2 million, and while I think I'd prefer the Mkris, a price tag of 2mil vs 4.3mil, hmmm. Something to think about at any rate while I slowly level my fishing while camping pirates for a sand charm while saving up my gil for a Mkris.

I'm slowly farming my way to a Mkris while trying to get my fishing high enough and the quests done for a Mkris, we'll see which happens first.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Came to Omega last night as Cor, and got put into the BLM party for MAB and Refresh rolls. Funnie thing though was I probably ended up doing as much dmg with my Ranged attack's as some of the BLM's. I just spamed Corsair Bullets, and just eybeballing, probably had around 85% acc. I stopped using Slugshot though, as I only landed i think 3/10. But Yeah Bronze is alright in a lolbri party for pulling only.

I try not to pull in meritparties though, as joy+merc Slugshot spam is just ludicris with DD rolls. I usually avg around a 900Slug using Steel bullets

Oh and I capped my Marksmanship real quick on Omega ^^ went form 248 to 250 in like 10 shots

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                May as well have just gotten a RNG at that point.
                Well... we were a static so we were pretty die hard about getting everyone thru, which we did. We had a Rng but he'd already gotten a clear prior and our static-leader was trying to maximize who got clears per attempt cuz them pumps were spendy. Anyway, Cor-dude left the game before we got the rings, when his brother left. Afterwards, we basically found out he only had the Lvl 75's he did (Nin, Dnc, Cor, Smn? maybe) because that is what the account he (or his brother) bought came with. He had some epic gear for all the jobs but never knew alot of basics regarding any of them.
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

I always keep a stash of Bronze that are macrod into my Leaden Salute...and that's it. I've found that Salute actually does very well in some situations(especially Einherjar as of recent). Nothing's wrong with owning/using them if you aren't WSing in them...especially now that Union drops have bombed the hell out of Steel Bullet Pouch prices.
                  Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

What evreyone said. I pull lolbri with bronze.
                    75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                    RANK 10 Bastok
                    CoP: Done
                    ZM: Done
                    ToA: Done
                    Assault rank: Captain
                    Campaign Medal: Medals
                    Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                    This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
                    X