COR Food Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COR Food Advice

I'm looking around the forum here and don't see anything on gear pairing with food advice. I'm looking for it for level 16 up, since I parked my COR there while working on regearing another job.

FFXIGEAR.COM doesn't seem to come up on my computer for some reason so a link or some advice would be most apprecitated.

Asura Server

Re: COR Food Advice

Meat Jerky or Mutton is very good until 22 (since guns are complete crap before then) so use those.

Once you can actually equip proper bullets, you may want to look into Ranged Attack foods, particularly Rice Dumplings. Sushi won't have a very noticeable impact because of a low base accuracy to work with. Those dumplings however give a whopping +30% Ranged Attack and cap at +45.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Thanks.

Asura Server

Comment

I reccomend that you look into these once you can use bullets:

Jack o lantern: These are great for any low level DD that is having acuraccy issues. Chances are you won't have Marksmanship capped if you didn't cap it when levelling RNG to sub so this is nice for helping those bullets hit.

Rice Dumplings: A great, cheap food. No +Ranged Accuraccy though and you only have a B in marksmanship so I would only really reccomend them if you have no trouble with hitting. Real CORs save money on ammo by making sure that all thier bullets hit.

Flounder Meuniere: My main food choice on COR until Sushi became viable. It's a 3 hour food but it's great if you have the money to spare (you're a Corsair so you should). They are better than Jack o Lanterns, give a nice chunk of Ranged Attack (+15% and caps at +25) and reduce Emnity by 3 which is VERY, VERY nice if you are using anything to up your damage output.

When you hit the 50-60's I can't reccomend anything other than Squid Sushi. It gives you a nice chunk of Accuraccy and Ranged Accuraccy and IMO gives the best bang for your buck on Ranged Accuraccy foods. You shouldn't need anything more than it anyway due to your own buffs and the fact that COR gets lots of nice +Acc and +RAcc gear
        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
        Reiko Takahashi
        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Ty. Which level would you recommend the Flounder?

Also I've been wondering if its worth swapping in Acc gear to melee and help build TP so I can WS on ranged in parties. So far I've just been soloing.

Asura Server

Comment

Well the WS modifier for marksmanship WS's is AGI so I would macro in +AGI gear for that. As for meleeing for TP at lower levels, I'm not too sure; I always used my gun for TP after hitting Lv22. Rice Dumplings will probably serve you better if you do plan to melee for TP though I can't really roccomend it myself.

As for the Flounder, I would try it at the same time as Dumplings (Lv22 and above) if you are having trouble hitting things. I'm fairly sure that it's overkill at Lv22 though since I mostly used Jack o Lanterns until 35+ and didn't really notice anything hugely different.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Hmm... Maybe I'll just solo to 22 then when I know my TP gain from ranged will be enough and I don't have to worry about missing and wasting bullets unless Meat Jerky will give me enough ranged accurary with /RNG to make a pt worth it.

Asura Server

Comment

Originally posted by fairyoracle75 View Post
                Hmm... Maybe I'll just solo to 22 then when I know my TP gain from ranged will be enough and I don't have to worry about missing and wasting bullets unless Meat Jerky will give me enough ranged accurary with /RNG to make a pt worth it.
                Soloing is quite often a painful affair on corsair, I'd avoid it wherever possible. You should really have no issues getting party invites because even when you'll be putting out significant weapon skill damage later on people will still be inviting you purely for your 3-4 rolls.

Comment

Working...
                X