Cor work well in CoP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cor work well in CoP?

so ive takin up lvling cor and also want to start doing CoP but my only other jobs really are DNC 66 or PUP 50 so i was wondering how well cor would work in CoP looking over the abilitys of the job it looks like it would be great but im also not the brightest crayon in the box sometimes

Re: Cor work well in CoP?

COR works out very well in most CoP situations on levels 40+, they don't really have anything of value to offer in the initial 30 caps. I personally went back and forth between COR and RNG on CoPs and had levelled RNG not only as a sub for COR, but also because it offered so much to CoP missions as well in terms of burst damage.

COR gets access to a stronger refresh earlier in 40 caps, while BRD still only has Ballad one and RDM left without Refresh until 50 caps, then there's Healer's Roll, which COR would have by level 20, which means better recovery for mages in CoPs that the other two jobs could offer anyway. COR's damage is passable, but nothing on par with RNGs higher spike damage and damage over time, at least, nothing close to RNG until 60 caps and even then, RNG would widen the gap.

DNC is going to be iffy going into a lot of the BCs without TP and may or may not have a hard time keeping up with the damage mobs put out.

My advice is, since RNG and COR are extremely compatible jobs in terms of gear, to take both up through CoPs, or at least get RNG to 50 caps before maining COR the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-18-2008, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Awsome thanks this helps me very much as soon as i get on ill start up rng

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I only have Puppetmaster, Corsair, and White Mage at 30+ with Dancer and Blue Mage just a couple short. Our LS has been making plans to start CoP and one of the jobs we planned on using was a Ranger for widescan to help find the Memory Receptacles faster. I looked at Corsair as a possible alternative, seeing how no other job can afford to go /RNG for widescan. People might argue that "buffer jobs are unless for this fight" but Corsair is more than just a buffer. On a couple occasions I actually out damaged the Ranger in the same party as mine (Yuhtunga Jungle was one of them, which would be about 25-27). Even if Corsair isn't the same at level 30 it isn't that much worse. And of course it does come with buffs to make everyone else's job easier. I don't know, it doesn't sound like that terrible of an alternative to me.

However, if you plan on taking Corsair past level 60 then you are going to have to level Ranger to 30 anyway. Barrage and Eagle Eye Shot give Ranger a little bit of an edge. Wild Card can be a very powerful tool, but it's not something you should rely on. I'll agree with what BBQ said about Dancer possibly having some issues with TP gain. I wouldn't try it without a White Mage also in the party. Even if Dancer doesn't have any issues with TP it would still be dangerous to have your main healer up on the front line with AoE spamming. Now Puppetmaster, that may be able to fill in a Damage Dealer role. Again, you may have to worry about the AoE moves and should equip the automaton with defensive attachments.

Edit: Actually, I want to look back at Corsair's Wild Card ability. The thing I thought that made this ability seem so great was that it could allow Summoner's to use Astral Flow a second time. Unfortunently you only have a 1/3 chance of resetting the 2-hour abilities of everyone else, so this idea was unreliable. However, when Summoner's activate Astral Flow they gain a new ability under their Blood Pact: Rage command. Astral Flow lasts 3 minutes and Blood Pact recast time is 1 minute. The duration of Astral Flow allows for 3 "special" Blood Pact abilities to be used.

Now here comes to part about Corsair's Wild Card. The one thing this always does is reset job abilities of all party members, and this includes Blood Pact: Rage. Corsair's Wild Card ability would allow Summoners to use their "special" Blood Pact an additonal 4th time by resetting their ability timer for Blood Pact: Rage. Having 1-3 Summoner's use their Astral Flow Blood Pact an additional time is far more than what a Ranger's Eagle Eye Shot can do.
        Last edited by Silent Howler; 04-18-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Really with the nerfing and overhaul of COP, any job can work out well enough.

The benefit to those three jobs is they are very versatile and can provide different strengths depending on what mission you're on. For one thing, I would love to see a fully powered Magic Mortar go off in 8-3. lol

Of the three, COR and PUP will probably be the most viable with COR the easier job to maintain from BC to BC.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
            Really with the nerfing and overhaul of COP, any job can work out well enough.
            I heavily disagree about the nerfing, aside from the mob placement in Promys being thinned down and Snoll/Tenzen, CoPs are the same tedious ballbusters they've always been. If you're going to play the Anima card, I'm just going to say SE removed the needlessly stupid forced farming, which didn't really add difficulty to CoPs, just a timesink.

Farm chips for CCB Polymer pumps if you need a point of reference for how stupid of an idea that was. Farming Hippgryphs is actually easier, though, as tailfeathers can be farmed in Grauberg (S) now.

If you want to argue that BLU, COR and SCH have made it even easier with thier various abilities, I'll give you that much. I did my last AS run as SCH and we had a BLU with the Ladybug spell, Spiral Spin. This on top of Elegy, a NIN with full has and evasion build and the backline being protected under AoE Stoneskin and SCH also being able to AoE Stona. And you can't deny that a WHM or a SCH are a must, as they are the only jobs that can remove petrification.

It was very controlled and safe for an AS fight, but only with that setup and the right players behind it. Airship can still be hell without certain jobs and the right players behind them.
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-19-2008, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X