Chaos Roll Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Roll Question

Question for BBQ and the other CORs: I've found conflicting statements on every forum, including this one...in your opinion/experience, does Chaos Roll affect Ranged Attack? I personally can't tell for my life, in my last party it did seem to boost my Slug Shots a bit, but we were also fighting flies/imps, and my #'s had a pretty wide range.

Anyways lemme know your thoughts!
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Chaos Roll Question

Yes, it does.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Chaos Roll affects both attack and ranged attack. So Yeah.

The difference is that Chaos Roll is based on a percentage of DRK's Attack Bonus, its not a flat attack bonus like what BRD's Minuet would give you. But you fan still see the effects in your status menu after you roll it. And 11 on Chaos will exceed Minuet x2.

Comment

Yeah I knew it was a %, just didn't know if it did RAtk as well. I'm so happy that I can finally start using my good gear, I've had most of my 70+ set since before I even started COR and have been dying to use it. Piggyback question, here's what I have for endgame, am I overlooking anything?

Weapons
        Joyeuse
        Coffinmaker
        Steel Bullets(and 2 stacks of Corsair Bullets for Sky)

TP Set
        Optical Hat
        Spectacles
        Drone Earring
        Hollow Earring
        Paluwhan Kazagawtf
        War Gloves
        Garrulous Ring
        Emerald Ring(Behemoth Ring x2 swap in for RAtks)
        Amemet+1
        Potent Belt
        War Brais+1
        AF Feet

WS/QD Set
        AF Hat
        Light Gorget(For WS swaps)
        Moldavite(For QD swaps)
        AF Body
        Crimson Fgr. Gauntlets
        Gun Belt

I still need to invest in a full-on AGI set for using QD against Kirin and whatnot, and I'm first in line for Denali pieces in my Nyzul static...is there any other advice/stuff I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
          Paluwhan Kazagawtf
          haha, that cracked me up.

Comment

I'd change Spectacles for Qiqirn Collar. Only Place we can get a lot Ranged Attack on the neck. Sold my PCC for Dusk Trousers a while back and kind regret it, but I'm keeping the pants and gonna BC for PCC again. I prefer the overall stats on PCC to what Specs or Collar offers. Light and Breeze Gorgets I'm still working on... damn Detonator update made Light the better choice, but I had already started Breeze.

/RNG I'd still favor Gun Belt over anything else for waist. Dual benefit of Ranged Accuracy and Attack from +5 Marksmanship. Waist slot is a static slot for me, what goes there changes by subjob, not macros. If /NIN, I use my speed belt since I'm likely pulling and want to keep recast low, I also macro Walhra turban in for that purpose on my Utsusemi macros. If I sub WHM or /BLU (loving /BLU, btw), I go with RSE rope for MP, your mileage may vary by race there, mithra gets +45 MP off that one.

Fenrir's Earring instead of Hollow Earring, A constant +10 to Ranged attack or Attack is worth more to me that +3 Ranged Accuracy. Its worth questing to fight Fenrir for this piece, it makes Hollow Earring feel like a lousy parting gift.

Suppanomimi instead of Drone, it has AGI and sword skill. If you went with another, oh well, Drone it is. I use Suppa+Drone for Light and Dark Shot, Suppa+Moldavite for the rest. I prefer to keep Suppa constantly on in the event of melee.

Rings and Earrings are really going to have to be your preference overall, there are soooo many rings and earrings you can macro that I generally prefer to keep ring slots static like waist slot, I simply don't have the macro space to do anything with rings... and then Luzaf's Ring was added to fuck all that up. I only macro it in for Corsair and Evoker's Roll, that's it. There's no other rolls worth hitting everyone with and I reserve Luzaf's in a Evoker's macro on my /mage macro set.

So its mostly Rajas+Jalzhan's for EXP/Missions and then AGI or Behemoth rings for endgame stuff I know I won't be meleeing in. If full support, then MP ring of some kind, but only one.

War Boots instead of AF Feet, Crimson/Blood Greaves for QD.

Save the heavy AGI builds for endgame stuff, you won't need terribly much more than +15 in Meritpo and mission situations. My resists are very low on Quick Draw for most meritpo pulling scenarios. That could be the full QD Accuracy merits talking, but I didn't seem to have a problem before meritting it, either.

That said, grab yourself a Peacemaker for meritpo pulling and prepare to invest a lot more into light cards.
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I was hoping the Qiqirn Collar price would come down a bit, but yeah I might grab one to swap in to the RAtk set. The main reason for the Spectacles is for the melee accuracy on TP build(same with the Potent Belt), I won't be getting a PCC anytime soon so I'd like to keep that. I already have a Fenrir's Earring sitting in MH, that's not a bad idea, I'll give that one a shot.

As far as Luzaf's, I solved that problem by making a macro that will swap in just Luzaf's, then after I do use PR/DU I tap my Ranged Attack macro to swap in my Behemoth Rings for a second, then it automatically swaps my base rings back in, poof no more Luzaf's on.

And yeah, I went with Abyssal...and I don't regret it! It helps my Dark Magic alot(RDM is my #1 priority still, after all) and I intend to do DRK after COR, so it won't go unused. But, 3 AGI for the low cost of a Drone Earring is a steal, no regrets there.

Comment

I macro Luzaf's in with Evoker's or Corsair's and then slap my Rajas Ring back in with a /wait 5 in my Double up macros. So Raja's Generally stays on without fail. I have the WS and TP macros to fall back on if it doesn't get there.

Comment

do any of you guys use anything else other than light or dark cards?

when i first got qd, i bought a stack of each. obviously, i go through light/dark cards more frequently but 23 levels later, i still have ~80+ of each elemental card left. i have to force myself to use them just for kicks else they wont be used.

i think after i finish off these stacks of elemental cards, i'll just not carry them anymore. it'll be nice to have an extra 6 slots open.

if you do carry any elemental cards, is it just ice, earth and wind?

Comment

Honestly having 75 RDM and BRD as my main 2 jobs, I'm hurting for 2 things more than anything else, and that's inventory room and macro slots. B/C of this I only carry the normal 5, Ice/Wind/Earth/Light/Dark, although I wouldn't mind carrying Fire for times that I use Fire Staff(like 60 cap BCNM).

In order to have 2 separte equip macros(soon to be 3 when I get a full-on QD set) I now only have 7 spots for actual rolls, so many times I have to re-write my roll macros on the fly depending on what I intend to use for that party

Comment

I use the other QDs when I'm in situations where I'm not pulling, but sometimes you want to spot the BRD or the RDM just in case, ya know? So like if I went to the Troll camps, I'd back up on Dispels and sleeps as needed, but Mamool camps and colibri, I prefer to keep light shot ready.

Rule of thumb with cards is to generally think as if you were playing RDM and focus on Ice, Wind, Earth, Light and Dark. Water too, perhaps, but Poison isn't commonly cast these days. So matching up cards for things like Silence, Paralyze and Slow is generally the way to go.

Comment

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Roll

Die Roll No DRK With DRK Verification Needed DRK/COR
                        1 6% 16% -%
                        2 8% 18% -%
                        3 9% 19% 4.5%
                        4 (Lucky) 25% 35% 8%
                        5 11% 21% -%
                        6 13% 22% 5.25%
                        7 16% 25% 5.75%
                        8 (Unlucky) 3% 13% 3%
                        9 17% 27% -%
                        10 19% 29% 6.5%
                        11 31% 41% 9.75%
                        Bust -10%Verification Needed
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Hehe, nice stock response Mal, but A) the question was answered in the 2nd post, and B) the Wiki doesn't answer the question, or I wouldn't have asked it.

Water too, perhaps, but Poison isn't commonly cast these days. So matching up cards for things like Silence, Paralyze and Slow is generally the way to go.
                          Yeah, I was thinking I'm going to bring some Water cards for my ls' other COR next time we do Kirin so he can water shot when I land Poison 2, but they're functionally useless in XP parties since noone uses Poison anymore. :/

Comment

I'm all about travelling light. So if I can get away with not having ice/wind/earth cards for XP situations I think I'll do it. Especially since earth doesnt stack with elegy anymore.

But definitely light/dark cards up the wazoo. I love dispelling and sleeping mobs quicker than any job. heh, sorry for wasting your mp mages!

Comment

You definitely want to carry at least one type of damage card, Wind or Ice if nothing else. There's going to be times when you don't need to use Light or Dark often(like when you aren't pulling) and it's nice to have that 230+ damage burst to speed kills along. I usually use it for the killshot if the mob uses some sort of annoying move like Zephyr Mantle or Cocoon when they're at 2-3%.

Comment

Working...
                              X