Decisions, Decisions: Cor Dice And Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions: Cor Dice And Rolls

I'm a level 43 Cor, I love the job, and the ability to be a damage dealer and a support character. But I'm getting into the levels where I want to start prioritizing both my dice buying and my rolls in general. For example, in general one of the pet rolls are lower on my list of "must haves" Than Evoker's roll. I was wondering what I'll be seeing requests for more and more, and what my priorities in dice should be in my upcoming levels.

I'm planning on getting all the rolls eventually, just so I have a full spread, I'm just looking for advice on the more important and sought after ones.

Re: Decisions, Decisions: Cor Dice And Rolls

Level 43 - Rouge's Roll (THF) - Increases Critical Hit rate - Lucky #5 Unlucky #9
    Level 46 - Warlock's Roll (RDM) - Magic Accuracy Bonus - Lucky #4 Unlucky #8
    Level 49 - Fighter's Roll (WAR) - Improves Double Attack Rate - Lucky #5, Unlucky #9
    Level 52 - Drachen Roll (DRG) - Pet Magic Attack/Accuracy bonus - Lucky #3 Unlucky #7
    Level 55 - Gallant Roll (PLD) - Blaze Spike effect - Lucky #3 Unlucky #7
    Level 58 - Wizard's Roll (BLM) - Magic Attack Bonus - Lucky #5 Unlucky #7
    You can probably go without Gallant's and Drachen Roll since they're extremely situational rolls and off little or no benefit to melees. The rest I would invest in. CORs are getting rather popular with BLMs for manaburn PTs, so I'd rank Wizard's Roll as "must have" even if manaburn invites turn out a little rare pre-merit levels. Its good to be prepared.

And without getting into too much of an editorial, here's how rolls should be analyzed.

(1) Situation and PT performance
    (2) Phantom Roll Bonus and Member Job Traits.
    (3) Gear and Food
    (4) Your needs

Situation and the PTs current performace should always be considered before Job bonuses. Lesser Colibri are the best scenario to use as an example. They steal food buffs and can reduce your TP to 0. This makes using any food buff pretty futile and screw with using Samurai Roll, so its not uncommon for Hunter's and Chaos Rolls to take priority when fighting Lesser Colibri.

However, if you had a couple DRGs or RNGs in PT, it might not be as big of an issue due to their native Accuracy Bonus traits and if they perform well, you could move on to another roll.

Never be afraid to get nosy about gear and food (if they don't like being /checked, tough shit) because the more you know about how your allies intend to perform, the better you will know what buffs to use after you've seen them perform a bit. This will also keep you from having to take requests for buffs later.

Finally, never move your needs up the list. There may be situations where buffing other members grants you no benefit. Live with it. The needs of the party outweigh yours. There will be days where you're not going to be as big a DD force as you'd like. Be mature enough to put what you want aside for the greater good of the PT. Its something RDMs and BRDs know all to well, CORs are just allowed to self-indulge in DD quite a bit more often.

Comment

Working...
    X