The Future of Corsair Die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Corsair Die.

OK, Dancer is confirmed, I'm drawing an absolute blank on the kind of job trait we could gain from Dancer's Die.

Time Mage seems all but confirmed. If it isn't AoE Haste, then it would be -% weapon Delay. There's really no other logical things to draw from Time Mage that I could think of.

Should be interesting as we learn more.

Re: The Future of Corsair Die.

+10 Gay?

Bards, Puppetmasters, and Corsairs get even frillier equipment.

Comment

Dancer die may (or rather, will most likely) boost some sort of effect that Dancer provides for the party. You know, whatever that happens to be. Of course, I have no idea what that might be. I mean, I'm pretty confident that DCR? DNC? DAN? will be support of some kind, but beyond that I've got nothing.

Comment

Well in FFT on PS1 Dancer was the Counterpart to Bard and her Dances Damaged Enemys Stats / HP / MP. I think we might expect something like this here too, or Combo Skills like Bard and Dancer had in Ragnarök Online^^.

As for the Dice hmm pretty hard could be stuff like Regen or hHP+
        FEAR THE POWER OF A SUMMONER

- everytime a SMN has to mainheal a Galka rapes a Moogle -

Comment

So probably something like "Increases the amount of DOT/HMP/HHP/WHATEV".

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
            Dancer die may (or rather, will most likely) boost some sort of effect that Dancer provides for the party. You know, whatever that happens to be. Of course, I have no idea what that might be. I mean, I'm pretty confident that DCR? DNC? DAN? will be support of some kind, but beyond that I've got nothing.
            COR buffs usually are lifted from job traits or at least some quality of the job itself.

Ninja, Choral, Rouge and Gallant Roll are really where SE took some liberties, as none of these were based on a job trait, but more of a dimension of the job.

Bard, for example, cannot be interrupted, the only way to stop a Bard song is by silence or stun. You can wail on a BRD and he'll keep singing. Since Resist Silence would have been an incredibly lame trait to share, so they worked that into an AoE Aquaveil Spell.

THF has Evasion Bonus as a Trait, but Ninjas strive to be evasive as well. Rouge Roll ended up playing off THFs high DEX and ability to do garunteed critical hits often with Sneak Attack, so that was skewed to a Critical Hit Rate bonus buff, essentially free merits through a buff. NIN was given the Evasion Bonus Roll.

So that's a Ninja buff that ninja-ed THF skills.

PLD's role is to absorb the blows so Gallant's Roll was made to convert a portion of the damage taken and return it onto the enemy. Total artistic liberties there, but the recent update actually has made this buff situationally useful. I've actually taken what would have been a 400 damage hit and reflected 150 points of damage and only took 250.

Think I'm gonna go fiddle with FFT and FFX-2 for some ideas.

BTW, Murphie, +hMP buff already in the game, Healer's Roll (WHM).

Comment

I know about Healer's roll. What I meant more was a "Increases the Strength/Duration of Dancer's Buff or Effect", but on after further thought (and being reminded how COR works, because it's been a while) that seems incredibly unlikely. I guess it will depend on what the Dancer's traits are.

Honestly, they probably won't even have new job dice for some time to come anyway. But I hope they do.
              Last edited by Murphie; 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Well, SE did say all jobs would be seeing new spells, obviously some of that would be released over time and some of it wouldn't. All COR's original rolls were on NPCs from day one and never dropped from mobs or BCNMs, so I wouldn't be surprised if some NPC had them and they can be "captured" like just like the Al'Zhabi NPCs. One in each nation, just for the sake of being consistant.

And there does seem to be some kind of Besieged element in this expansion, after all, Orcs were on the march to Sand'oria in the last trailer.

Its pretty much a given a job like BLU wouldn't get all their spells in one month, as new mobs would be released during the expansion.

Comment

I'd be shocked if the Time Mage roll was anything but Haste.

We don't know enough about Dancer to even guess at what a Phantom Roll for that job will do. If it's templated off of the FFTA version of the Dancer job class, it bears great resemblance to a Bard, but is a more offensive minded enfeebler.

Personally, I think I'll be more amused (horrified?!) by the concept of a Galka Dancer than any potential ability that Phantom Roll may get.

Icemage

Comment

If they do end up making the Dancer the Geomancer/Dancer hybrid we have seen with Mog, phantom roll might add the en-spell of the current environment/weather. Now that would be neat.
                    Wii Code: 0043 9068 2668 6005

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                      Personally, I think I'll be more amused (horrified?!) by the concept of a Galka Dancer than any potential ability that Phantom Roll may get.
                      A-bloody-men.

Me wants a custom title >.<

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                        Me wants a custom title >.<
                        http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pro...do=editprofile
                        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I put it down to being ill today, and not taking on board anything anyone says!

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            I see.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Actually, considering how much SE buffed Samurai Roll, it would almost be unnecessary to have a Haste. I can get 100+ TP within five attack rounds on Joyeuse with a high SAM Roll. I was invited to a Excavation Duty spam PT and it was just ridiculous how fast you could TP with SAM + WAR Rolls now.

I realize Haste is more for the DoT/Recast factor, but a haste might put COR way over the top when you consider how good SAM Roll is now. A SAM with this Roll is almost like having a perma-meditate, especially if they have Soboro.

Comment

Working...
                              X