Bcnm 40 setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bcnm 40 setup help

So my semi static is taking a break at lvl 40 to catch up on some stuff and i was wanting to get a peacock charm for my corsair.
    Is there an easy setup for Under Observation for a lvl 40 corsair. unfortunetly i don't have a mage lvled to 40.

if anyone has a party set up / strategy that would be very helpful

thank you

Re: Bcnm 40 setup help

Well, I think these mobs aren't sleepable and therein lies the problem for COR, if Light Shot worked, kiting might be plausible. This is why I generally tell people not to bank on thier "one and only" main job for BCNMs (and CoPs, for that matter).

If you have NIN near sub level, finishing it to 40 would be in your best interest to do this BCNM, as you will need /NIN later on anyway.

I usually do this BCNM as NIN, RDM or BST. BST is really versitile for this BCNM, NIN/WHM for tanking the smaller amorph is also nice. BLU or BST with Crab pet is good for the smaller ones while BST with Tiger can kite the big one or RDM can gravity kite it.

COR contributes better to the six-man BCNMs, this is a three-man BCNM. The best COR could offer for Under Observation is Quick Draws and there's only 15 minutes to win this one :/

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      NIN/WHM for tanking the smaller amorph is also nice.
      NIN/RDM is the best for this: Cure, Barfire, and Magic Attack Bonus (MAB enhances the -ton Ninjutsu damage). Tanking backwards, Paralyze is never an issue.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

hmm well I have a ninja at lvl 36 (i didnt get it to 37 cause i dont wanna buy Utsusmi NI) i could get it to 40 and do it. alright thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fleck View Post
          hmm well I have a ninja at lvl 36 (i didnt get it to 37 cause i dont wanna buy Utsusmi NI) i could get it to 40 and do it. alright thanks.
          Really, there's no way around getting utsusemi: ni and levelling NIN, unless you want people to loathe every moment of your existance in thier PTs post 37. Its an important spell and you'll see why at 74 as COR if you don't see it now.

I suggest NIN/WHM because paralyze can still happen even in the most ideal conditions, there's no time to beg for Paralyna from the player kiting or the other NIN. You have to be self sufficient in this BCNM or you lose.

MAB from /RDM is nice, but it doesn't make or break you in this BC.

Comment

I suggest NIN/WHM because paralyze can still happen even in the most ideal conditions, there's no time to beg for Paralyna from the player kiting or the other NIN. You have to be self sufficient in this BCNM or you lose.

I guess NIN/WHM for first run or two to get used to things would be good. I'm no great player, but I've never been paralyzed by the Sobbing Eyes, and only once or twice by the big critter. (Can't even remember how long ago was the last time any of us was paralyzed. lol.)

About the only way I see it possible being paralyzed by the little ones is if the two NINs didn't space out the critter far enough and point them away from each other. They don't have TP unless they hit you or until you start nuking; but, you don't nuke until you're in position, and they don't get to hit NINs very much.

As for the Compound Eyes, the only danger is when running toward it. You can avoid the danger by having the kiter drag it pass you while you face the wall. Start nuking once it slides by.

Must have done this BCNM about 20 times by now on the NIN x2 + RDM setup. Hex Eye is just not a big concern once you're used to dealing with it.

I forgot to mention Fast Cast; not essential, but always make casting easier. Also, BLU/NIN can probably replace NIN if on juice or Yagudo Drinks.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Really, there's no way around getting utsusemi: ni and levelling NIN, unless you want people to loathe every moment of your existance in thier PTs post 37. Its an important spell and you'll see why at 74 as COR if you don't see it now.

Im just stalling from Ni till I get COR up. im GOING to have it at 37 no matter what.
              Last edited by fleck; 09-21-2007, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Good, I just get annoyed when people do try to duck getting Utsusemi: Ni.

Comment

I want Utsusemi NI lol. I wanna kill 2 birds with one stone and try get it while doing under observation

Comment

Working...
                  X