Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eager to join the "crew"

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Yeah, while some people will say "stay" on 6 for something like Evoker's Roll, you will never get 10 or 11 if you follow that reasoning. If you've got no Busts hanging over you, try to Double-up on a 6 instead of just sitting on it.

However, if you do have a SMN, RDM or BRD in PT, sitting on a 6 for that roll isn't so bad now as it was before the update.
    The only roll I sit on 6 for is Healer's. But then again, I probably bust alot more than most CORs, as I am a double 6-rolling machine.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Drachen Roll, however, still stinks.
    Just wondering, have you gotten a chance to test it with Astral Flow? I've been wondering if it would boost it.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I don't get to see SMNs Astral Flow enough to be able to tell you if there's an improvement or not.

Comment

Why must VI's allways double up?

Hell I once got I,I,I,I,II (so missing lucky roll!) then VI, Have to agree thats the worst possible roll you can get, as it wastes lots of time just sitting there spamming macros to reroll.

But yes, leveling alchemy and smithing will save you boat loads, Those sub skills are important in order to preserve your saveings!

Comment

I roll 12s every time I see 6, so I outright refuse to hit unless 6 is the unlucky. I've busted way too many times (read: every) to feel comfortable to hit Double-Up on anything 6+. Yeah, it may not be the best, but I'd rather have something of a buff than Bust/Double Bust all the time (and no, I'm *not* exaggerating my 6+ Bust rate; I really do bust just about 99% of the time off of 6. I've checked and kept track. It's retarded scary ).

Other than that, I need to get a Joytoy to go with my Phantom Flueret. It'll be fun and just pimpness to have both.

Comment

There are times when you have to settle for a VI as a bust could screw you over.

And these are also the times when rolling a V would just make you pimpmister coolio.

Like me in dynamis, God knows what it is, but me and dynamis im an XI GOD!

I managed for the first 30 min to have the melees with XI chaos 100% of the time, and most of the time XI or V fighters!.

You've never seen a DRK so happy! He's a HNM sackholder too so he was pimped out in gear doing ungodly damage.

And this isn't a one off thing. This was my 4'th dyna, 4'th town clear, and 4'th time as cor, each time I've noticed insane frequency of XI rolls, even being a lary bastard and rolling on 7's, Its eigther that, or its in my head as i havent EXP'd really at all with snakes eye.

Comment

Have any of you noticed days that you could do no wrong on your rolls, but some days you just roll for shit all the time?

I've tried to correlate them to moon phase but each time its way different.

Last night I was doing no wrong. hitting lucky numbers all over and Xs, XIs a lot. I did bust about 3 times last night but I was near zone so I just zoned off the bust effect.

However, some nights I just roll and keep hitting unluckys.

Rolling on only Vs limits you to only 1 opportunity to hit an XI and that's with a VI.

If you allow yourself to roll on Vs and VIs you have 2 ways of hitting XI. Yes, you can bust on the VI but that's a 1/6 chance. Youre a corsair damn it, risk it a little!
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I've found in Limbus and Dynamis that I can almost do no wrong as far as Rolls go, yet at the same time, I can never get anything better than a III on Wild Card.

Comment

Working...
                X