Pulling The Strings - COR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling The Strings - COR

Just wondering if any of you guys had tried this as COR yet? I'd like to get myself some Corsair's bullets to use, but the only guides I could find on this were for DRG and BST. Any idea how hard this is as COR? I was hoping that I could pretty much just walk in and Slug > Barrage > Slug and it'd be done, but wondering if I need anything else bar a couple of Hi-Pots.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Pulling The Strings - COR

I beat this by a massive fluke.

Wen't in, used a elemental shot of that day *think it was ice*, fired off 1 trunp gun+iron bullet shot (I know! No shark or matchlock!) then proceded to start wailing on him firsting when need be.

this guy used a Wild card got a VI, lot of use that did him. At about this time i set off another round of bullets at him close range and got the 100% I needed to slug shot him in the face, hurray for like 4 miss's.

In the end i felled him with a 300% TP slug shot from my 2HR just before I was about to die.

Your plan will fail. Its a Solo ENM just like the Maat fight, no subjobs allowed. So unfortuneatly for us COR' we can't go in and barrage > slug > random deal > barrage > slug. Wish we could.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
      Your plan will fail. Its a Solo ENM just like the Maat fight, no subjobs allowed. So unfortuneatly for us COR' we can't go in and barrage > slug > random deal > barrage > slug. Wish we could.
      Was about to point this out myself.

I haven't given Corsair PtS a try yet, I'm still trying to work on the nuances of Blue Mage PtS (Dragoon PtS is simply a joke, minus the 1-out-of-a-hundred fight where you just get stomped no matter what), but hopefully I can find a way to regularly farm this one like the others for stacks of Cor Bullets. Those things are nice, and damn expensive (if they're even ever sold on the AH, that is).

Comment

Keep Cor bullets for special stuff. Or sell them. It's not worth camping for anythnig else which sucks!

Comment

HAHA thanks Kuro, I almost completely forgot that Barrage is a RNG thing and not a COR thing XD. I knew about the no subjobs deal, but I'm just so used to having Barrage because I only use /RNG.

Comment

I guess I'll update this since Corsair Bullets got hit with the awesome stick.

I went ahead and tried this on Sunday, I won but no Bullets dropped

As you know, it's level 60 cap, no subjob allowed.

My gear setup was:

W.W. Anelace
            Matchlock Gun
            Brass & Iron Bullets
            Corsair's Tricorne
            Spectacles
            Drone Earring
            Vision Earring
            Corsair's Frac
            Deadeye Gloves
            Garrulous Ring
            Jadeite Ring
            Scorpion Ring+1 x2(RAtk macro swap)
            Hi-Potion Tank
            Life Belt
            Jaridah Salvars
            Corsair's Bottes

I used Squid +1, Ninja Roll, and Hunter's Roll. Next time I may go for Def food over the sushi. I busted my initial Ninja roll, so didn't get much use out of it. I put up Hunter's, then went in and opened with normal ranged attacks until he came into melee range. I then just did normal melee/ranged attacks/Slug Shots, although I used 4-5 Hi Potions over the course of the fight. If I had Gallant roll I might use that instead of Ninja Roll, as I didn't get missed often even after getting a fresh Ninja Roll up(rolled a 7) after the bust wore(although he did miss Slug on me once or twice). I got relatively lucky on the dice rolling, the moblin gave me Defense Boost a few times, healed the doll once, and gave him TP about 5 times.

I really had no problem hitting him at all, I doubt you really need the Squid, if anything maybe def or attack food would be nice for this.

It's a pretty straightforward fight, but you do want to bring a couple of meds in.

Good luck on getting Bullet drops, can't wait to get some to use!

Comment

I'm 3/~8 now on this ENM.

I now don't bother with food or icurus wing, I find it easy enough with no meds except for blind band at the start (and Chaos/Hunters roll). Shark gun with Iron bullets, quick draw whenever its up. I've never been less than half HP when I win, although its nice to have some hi-pots with you just incase he gets some really lucky rolls from the moblin.

I think Corsair bullets might also be good for quick draw in xp situations. Since you don't lose the bullet but use up a card you don't waste them, and if the r.acc works on the quick draw acc then it would be cool.

Comment

Working...
              X