Corsair breaking the limit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair breaking the limit questions

OK before i ask... would people who willing to answer my question, please don't attack or turn this into a flame post. I just want simple and fast answer.

I am closing to the gap of 70 as we speak. I am looking for information on how hard the break limit one vs one fight with qualtda. I have watch the video on FFXIcyc.

I have the following question...

Do you fight it @ 70 and get Best rACC gear (like behemonth ring x2, precise belt, deadeye glove)? or you could do it @ 66? (what is a good gun ? i am still using trump gun since no hexagun ever sell on my server)

What food you use? (looking for the best one possible) ratk or racc ?

If possible, where do you farm the monster that drop testi? like good location that doesn't wipe a party or something.

Which quick draw is most effective ? (i saw light shot doing dmg for some reason on him in the video)

could we rely on Hi-potion like a brd fight ? and slug shot @ like 200+ TP (for racc)

P.S: i did BRD maat fight before so i know the basic routine to prepare for the fight.
    -add later-

Re: Corsair breaking the limit questions

Lamia Icedancers are the mobs in the Reef that drop the Testimomy, they're near where the Soulflayers roam about but somewhat spread out, so bring /RNG for Wide Scan. Camp the bridge between their islands and bring about 3-4 people to kill, these Lamia are BLM and can be pretty nasty.

Moving on, Light Shot no longer does damage, so that video is slightly out-of-date. Prior to the December 2006 update, it did do damage but when SE added the sleep and dispel elements to Light and Dark Shot they took the damage away.

Some CORs have taken some notes from the RDM and BLM Maat fight and followed the elemental day and used the corresponding Quick Draw for extra damage, sometimes matching it up with the proper elemental staff and all that.

It wouldn't hurt to follow some of the BRD Maat strategy here, though. I know you're one to rush things and skip important details, but wait til 70 to make this easier on yourself. Grab some selbina milks so Qultada doesn't wipe one of your buffs with Dark Shot and keep those selbina milks on. And Opo necklace, sleep potions, Icarus Wing, Blink Band and all that.

Food, I'd go with Squid Sushi, you lose your subjob here so meat isn't going to help your performance. I'd also use Chaos Roll and Samurai Roll here, Or Hunter's. Don't forget to capitalize on Wild Card and Random Deal, either.

Also, the Trump Gun has got to go, you should have mothballed it in the Mog Locker once you could use Matchlock gun. Get a Matchlock gun for the raw damage. Remember that your Quick Draw damage is affected by your gun and Bullet's DMG together. The lower your gun DMG, the lower your QD damage. Every bit counts in a fight like this.

And QDs not withstanding, you could end up in some melee and staff does you no good there. Its time to level sword skill. You could plausibly get by without it, but levelling it won't hurt, especially since you seem so intent on hording gil away and complaining about using bullets.

You're almost 70, camp that Joyeuse, not only will it be useful here, but also for meleeing for TP in merit PTs later on. Its very much worth it, you'll save lots on bullets later on for getting it and it can be useful in this fight for TPing your next Slug Shot.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-01-2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

*hides his shiney polished Trump gun*

Comment

Originally posted by Kuro View Post
        *hides his shiney polished Trump gun*
        I know its a pretty gun, but there's a gun sitting in KSNM30s that is prettier and better You'll get a pretty gun again someday, use the ugly ones for now

Gaze upon the Coffinmaker in all its majesty:

Its a bitch to unlock the latent on this one. 500 Weaponskill points, but 40 DMG and +9 Ranged Accuracy is nice and very worth it. Its our best all-around gun aside from the Shark Gun. At least until we know what Quicksilver's hidden effects are. Martial Gun I didn't like so much, probably because I have too much accuracy to see a difference.
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-01-2007, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I want a CM sooo much, unlocking it shouldn;t be too hard, i knew a few SAM's i can play with, Just got to get the sucker, my BCNM luck is crappy.

Comment

My COR is on hold at 60 until I can land a Shark Gun, that will hold me over til I can use my Coffinmaker. Good luck on GK5, WFF.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

I am trying to get a hold of hexagun or borrow one, but Matchlock gun seem even harder to get. (there is a +1 on AH but 300k isn't something i could afford currently)

Does dark short dispell food effect and roll effect? (since roll effect isn't magic effect)

I am also a tarutaru which mean my HP without a sub is around 700. Anything that actually help ? like +hp food that give +racc or should i focus on adding more HP ? in gear.

P.S: i am also planning on leveling sword as /nin because i could gain TP faster in skillup party to unlock coffinmaker (which i already brought it XD)
              -add later-

Comment

Food won't be dispelled by Dark Shot, but it is possible that rolls will be, this hasn't happened to me before but songs can be so I think it's a safe assumption.

Squid Sushi offers HP, racc, and AGI. Probably the best food you can go with for this fight(and 40+ COR in general, IMO.)
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Food can't be dispelled, but effects from drinks can be. Selbina milk gives you a regen effect and not a food effect. I *believe* this effect will get dispeled before any other effect, and thus why OMG suggested it.

P.S: i am also planning on leveling sword as /nin because i could gain TP faster in skillup party to unlock coffinmaker (which i already brought it XD)
                  I assume you meant bought it? How so as the gun is rare/ex, and thus not obtainable any other way except through the 3 BCNMs that drop it?

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
                    I am trying to get a hold of hexagun or borrow one, but Matchlock gun seem even harder to get. (there is a +1 on AH but 300k isn't something i could afford currently)
                    The Hexagun isn't much better for damage. The Matchlock doesn't have to be the +1, you're still getting better damage from the NQ Matchlock than a NQ or HQ Hexagun. HQ Matchlock is only a marginal improvement, its not worth the gil without some specialized stats (which HQ Matchlock lacks).

Does dark short dispell food effect and roll effect? (since roll effect isn't magic effect)
                    Single Target dispels go for the buff at the front of the line. Meaning Regen is first, Shadows are second and Reraise is third. Reraise won't be a factor here. Food effects don't get dispelled, so they'll skip over that and go for rolls and songs after the first three I mentioned. Just use milk to have regen up as a means to block other things from getting dispelled.

Rolls and songs are treated exactly the same, Rolls can be dispelled, even though we grant them through a Job Ability.

I am also a tarutaru which mean my HP without a sub is around 700. Anything that actually help ? like +hp food that give +racc or should i focus on adding more HP ? in gear.
                    Sushi gives a little HP, but the RNG/COR/THF War JSE will also get you some HP as well. Its level 70 armor. Most of it isn't very good, though. Feet and Legs are OK. At any rate, I'd just bring lots of High-pots.

If DEF is a concern, you could use Tavnazian Tacos for the 25% DEF boost.

Joyeuse single wield gets faster skillups than dual wield with two swords, even if one is Joyeuse. I'm talking about delay here, BTW, you actually increase the delay of your swing by dual wielding.

Dunno what you mean about Coffinmaker, you just said you're 66 and that gun is level 72. And you can't buy Coffinmaker, its KSNM only.

Peacemaker, however, you can buy and that's nice for pulling and sleeping mobs, nice dispel duty as well, but its a pea-shooter otherwise. Its not DD gun, its worse than Hexaguns for damage and the TP returns stink.
                    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 08-01-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

By the way wrongfeifong, do you wanna fight the BC just for fun or did you beat Maat as a BRD with another character?
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

i beat maat on the other account. Corsair is my only job 40+ on this account and quilify for breaking 70.

I guess i brought the wrong gun, i have the peacemaker, always mistook peacemaker as coffinmaker. (there goes my 100k T.T)
                        -add later-

Comment

repost on my own to bump this.

Anyone know the resist rate of Qualtada? I am planning to use a new strategy then fighting head on.

slugshot
                          Wear blink band
                          Going to sleep him
                          Hipotion
                          Sleep my self with opo-opo necklace
                          count to 50 sec. If awaken ..prepare to resleep otherwise...let qualtada wake me.
                          then repeat until 5 slugshot is done (save 2hr and random deal for emergency)
                          Icarus wing for time remaining. (would also love to use stoneskin torque but no one make them on my server)
                          -add later-

Comment

I have to say its an ... interesting stratagy.

I myself have never used an oop necklace stratagy fr anything. So I'd have to say it depends more on how long that takes to charge when asleep. With an insane AGI build you should be able tp get him to sleep i'd say for around 45 seconds with some luck for him not to resist. This is based upon his level and him being COR/nothing.

I'd personally just go the normal way. Use hunters and Chaos/what ever, open with sharpshot barrage at optimum range with sushi and lay into him. When you get to 30-40% HP just Light shot him and High pot yourself and rest. When haoppy with your hp wake him with an optimum range shot and keep fighting till he goes down.

I don't like to rely on Lightshot, it's out trump card for soloing, but to hinge your fight on it totally, not a good idea. The normal way you can get away with him resisting all/most of the sleep and still get a large chunk of hp back.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
                              repost on my own to bump this.

Anyone know the resist rate of Qualtada? I am planning to use a new strategy then fighting head on.

slugshot
                              Wear blink band
                              Going to sleep him
                              Hipotion
                              Sleep my self with opo-opo necklace
                              count to 50 sec. If awaken ..prepare to resleep otherwise...let qualtada wake me.
                              then repeat until 5 slugshot is done (save 2hr and random deal for emergency)
                              Icarus wing for time remaining. (would also love to use stoneskin torque but no one make them on my server)
                              COR mobs, in my experience, are rather resistant to Light Shot. I've spent the last couple days fighting Lamia Icedancers and Eraphmaudian Shades for Pankration stuff, hoping to get a Main Job: Corsair plate off them. I'd say Light Shot is 50% resisted so i would NOT rely on sleeps to win this fight.

Here's what I would do:
                              • First off, use Sole Sushi, you'll need the accuracy and STR will boost the damage a little. Also, matchlock and Steel bullets, take full advantage of our new bullets please, Hexagun does piss damage.
                              • Go on Earthday and use Earth Staff, this is for the 20% damage reduction and Earth Shot. You'll get earth damage bonus for the day and using the staff, and save some HP on damage.
                              • Use Opo necklace Sleep for TP first, then use blink band and stoneskin torque
                              • Qultada may or may not use Dark Shot, just in case he does, use Selbina Milk for its regen effect, it will target this first and protect your other buffs.
                              • Gallant's Roll - Why? Because it will help reduce the damage you take. SE buffed this roll on the last update and its great for solo situations. It won't reflect ranged attacks damage, but COR mobs generally are melee mobs, not ranged.
                              • Chaos Roll - for the damage boost, obviously.
                              • Go in and Quick Draw, then slug.
                              • Icarus Wing, Slug again.
                              • Spam Hi-pots and Selbina Milk as needed, Random Deal
                              • If you're both still alive before the next Quick Draw, Wild Card and pray for a III of IV for TP.

Comment

Working...
                              X