So very sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So very sad.

I took BLM to 30 just to get advanced jobs.

Then, under the samurai quest, I died and deleveled. Ofc, I already knew I wanted COR, but everyone kept saying it was so bad, and it was one hell of a quest anyway.

So I was a 29 BLM, 200tnl. I thought, "Well, I can solo that on EPs, anyway."

I was wrong, so wrong. Not that the enemies was hard, but ofcourse my 360 chooses the perfect time to freeze. It had frozen earlier today, then 2 hrs later again. Now it does all the time.

So I died, ofcourse, while trying to start it again. No problem, just 700tnl.

And it happens again. And again.

So now I'm sitting here, can't start my 360, and more then 1k tnl. Right on the limit where I can't solo it fast enough, and can't join a pt just to be there for 1k exp then leave.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my 360, but I'm more worried about FFXI.. Gotta buy a PC version from NA, and I'm in sweden.. 7 days (prolly more /cry) without FFXI, then a nice warm welcome of a days soloing.

Anyway, anyone here willing to help me with the COR quest when I can do it? I'm on Ramuh.

Thanks in advance, Noiretsu.

Re: So very sad.

Sorry about your Xbox 360 troubles, I've started to hear about this alot. I'm sure someone on Ramuh would be willing to help out, but that's a question best saved for the Ramuh server forum

I already knew I wanted COR, but everyone kept saying it was so bad, and it was one hell of a quest anyway.
    Anyone who says COR is "bad" is probably a MNK or a WAR that's gimp before w/o BRD in thier PT. We can't Haste, so they boo-hoo about that.

COR is still a very young job and many players remain unknowledgeable about it, for those in the know, its a very good job and desirable for PTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Noiretsu View Post
      Right on the limit where I can't solo it fast enough, and can't join a pt just to be there for 1k exp then leave.
      Question. Why would you leave a party after only 1k just for your level? That's considered rude and bad party etiquette. What's so wrong with getting some buffer? Or even staying long enough until the entire party disbands?

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
        Question. Why would you leave a party after only 1k just for your level? That's considered rude and bad party etiquette. What's so wrong with getting some buffer? Or even staying long enough until the entire party disbands?
        Re-read what he said, I take it he thinks doing so would be rude as well.

Comment

As for the XP, there's a BLM Solo Guide on Wikipedia ... it boils down to blasting away at pets. It's easy enough to die doing it, but it's 120+ XP per kill of 2-3 spells when it works ... plus chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Noiretsu View Post
            I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with my 360, but I'm more worried about FFXI.. Gotta buy a PC version from NA, and I'm in sweden.. 7 days (prolly more /cry) without FFXI, then a nice warm welcome of a days soloing.
            If you want to start playing on pc you can order it from spelbutiken they had copies left atleast for two weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              Re-read what he said, I take it he thinks doing so would be rude as well.
              I did. He doesn't want to join a party because he doesn't want to leave after short time. It sounds though that if he DID join a party, he WOULD leave the party. Why can't he stay longer? It won't kill him to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
                I did. He doesn't want to join a party because he doesn't want to leave after short time. It sounds though that if he DID join a party, he WOULD leave the party. Why can't he stay longer? It won't kill him to do so.
                Because he wants to get blm to 30 to do the quest he wants to do. Why waste his time, and then by proxy the rest of the party when they need a replacement.

He hasn't implied that he normally joins a party and then leaves soon after, so why are you assuming that's what he means?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

prolly he can join a pt to recover the lost xp and plus gain some xp (or another lvl) to go safetly to do the quest he wants or just get the xp and look for a rep i think theres nothing rude in that when u tell ur pt that u wanna leave with ur rep just behind u...

Comment

1) I meant it would be rude to leave, and I don't feel like gaining levels of a job that I think is boring. I know I'll have to join a pt and stay, and its probably better to gain another 1000 on the way, so I don't delevel at 1 death, but I didn't feel like that yesterday xD (lol)

2) Thanks alot for the tip, LAMARK, though there are none left. Only the ToA expension pack >.<

Comment

Oh by the way, I'm gonna order the 2007 edition from america, I think..

Comment

COR doesn't really suck, they just need to know when to use certain rolls. Personally, I'm a fan of the Rogue and Warrior's Roll with a THF & WAR in the PT ^ ^.

Comment

Working...
                        X